Assignment 5: Interview Questions Due Feb 13

Go down

Assignment 5: Interview Questions Due Feb 13 Empty Assignment 5: Interview Questions Due Feb 13

Post  Admin on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:59 am

List at least 5 job interview questions you might be asked during a design/photography related job interview, and your answers. (Due Feb 13; 5 points, 1 point deduction for each day late)
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Assignment 5: Interview Questions Due Feb 13 Empty Re: Assignment 5: Interview Questions Due Feb 13

Post  Julian Pettus on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:51 pm

1. Tell me about yourself
- I am a senior at Arts Academy in the Woods and my major is in the multimedia arts. My three main focuses are graphic design, animation, and filming. Iím always willing to engage others in conversations, I love meeting new people and helping those who are in need. In my spare time, I engage in Photoshop (graphic design), I like to draw, and sing.

2. What are your strengths?
- My strengths include: Following instructions, good communication skills experience in electronics, an eye for photography, and learning/adapting to new skills.

3. Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
-Five years from now I would like to be a graphic designer and or working with your company in a related field.

4. What assignment was too difficult for you, and how did you resolve the issue?
- If I am assigned a too difficult task, I would talk to my supervisor or manger and see if we could figure out a solution. I might ask for someone to assist me or ask to be assigned different task.

5. Do you have any questions for me?
- What opportunities will there be for growth within your company?
- Will I be working part time or full time?
- What hours will I be working?
- Is it possible for me to work during weekends and two days out of the week?

6. What is one of your greatest achievements outside of work?
- One of my greatest achievements was getting an award for persistence in a musical program.

7. List five words that describe your character.
- Funny
- Determined
- Positive
- Helpful
- Understanding

8. What attracted you to this company?
-Your reputation in this field, your companies influence in the community as well as the opportunities for me to work in my field of study.

9. Why do you want this job?
-I will be good at this job since I have the skills and ability to do it. I like what this company stands for and I am able to work within in a team environment. I am a very capable at adapting and fitting in and I am a quick study as well.
Julian Pettus
Julian Pettus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Assignment 5: Interview Questions Due Feb 13 Empty Re: Assignment 5: Interview Questions Due Feb 13

Post  csmith on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:08 am

1. Tell me about yourself.
I am a senior at Arts Academy in the woods, where my major is Multimedia. I am eighteen years old. My hobbies include singing in my jazz/rock band, Nine to the Universe, photography, drawing, graphic design, and being with my friends. I can be both an introvert and an extrovert. I am very kind to everyone I meet. I like to joke around and have a good time, but I am still very responsible. I can be very focused and determined. I wish to stay in Michigan for most my life, but am wanting to travel all around the world at some point.

2. Tell me about your strengths.
Some of my strengths are that I am determined, I have a lot of patience, I am kind and understanding to everyone, I am a people-person, I adapt and learn quickly, and I am focused.

3. What is your greatest weakness?
My greatest weakness is my motivation to start something; but once I begin Iím fine.

4. Describe your work style.
For my work style I prefer working by myself so I can focus and rely on myself, but if Itís needed I will work with others easily as well.

5. Do you work well with other people?
Yes, I do work well with other people. I am patient and listen well.

6. How do you handle stress and pressure?
I handle stress and pressure by stepping back for a moment and distracting myself, then when Iím ready Iíll

7. What motivates you?
Wanting a quality product in the end is what motivates me.

8. Are you a self motivator?
I must say motivating myself is one of my weaknesses. Itís the hardest hump to get over, but once I do, Iím ready to roll.

9. What do people most often criticize about you?
People most often criticize me about being a push-over and putting my feelings or beliefs aside to please another.

10. Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?
I prefer to work independently.

11. Give some examples of teamwork.
An example of teamwork is when a group of people come together and patiently work on a problem.

12. If you know your boss is 100% wrong about something how would you handle it?
If I knew my boss was 100% wrong about something Iíd tell them, kindly, and probably have an example or proof of their mistake.

13. Would you be willing to relocate if required?
At the moment I cannot relocate.

14. Why should we hire you?
You should hire me because I am willing and ready to learn and work. I am responsible and trustworthy, and will always be respectful and kind.
csmith
csmith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferB on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:36 am

Job interview questions and answers

1. What are some of your strengths?
I am experienced working with people and dealing with customers, and any complaints they may have. I am capable of working out complex problems, and any issues I may have in the job. I am good at speaking, and presenting myself in a professional manner. I also have experience using PhotoShop and InDesign, and Microsoft programs and will work hard to learn to use any other programs that are required of me. I am a skilled writer, photographer and typist, and an industrious worker. I love working to help others and working to an exceptional final product within a deadline.

2. What are some of your weaknesses?
I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist- not letting a project go until Iíve triple checked everything and made sure it is absolutely the best it can be. I also need to work on my time management skills; sometimes I will spend too much time on one aspect of a project and end up not having enough time to perfect the rest.

3. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
Hopefully within the next 5 years if I were to receive this opportunity for employment I will be well established within the company and working to move up the ladder. If not, I hope to start my own (design/photography etc.) company and begin building my own client base, employees and become an established company.

4. What challenges are you expecting from this company?
I am really looking forward to challenging my design skills and learning more about the process and becoming more apt at using design software. Iím also looking forward to working on difficult projects, and the challenge of meeting deadlines.

5. Why are you interested in working for this company?
I am interested in working for this company because I really love the products you create, and really love what you stand for. I love design and have been working to get a job in the field since graduating, and I feel like I would be a great fit within this company.

JenniferB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julian Pettus on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:45 am

1. Tell me about yourself
- I am a senior at Arts Academy in the Woods and my major is in the multimedia arts. My three main focuses are graphic design, animation, and filming. Iím always willing to engage others in conversations, I love meeting new people and helping those who are in need. In my spare time, I engage in Photoshop (graphic design), I like to draw, and sing.

2. What are your strengths?
- My strengths include: Following instructions, good communication skills, experience in electronics, an eye for photography, and learning/adapting to new skills.

3. Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
-Five years from now I would like to be a graphic designer and or working with your company in a related field.

4. What assignment was too difficult for you, and how did you resolve the issue?
- When I was assigned to write a five page essay on political films, I looked for more information on politics online to see if I could figure it out before I asked for help.

5. Do you have any questions for me?
- What opportunities will there be for growth within your company?
- Will I be working part time or full time?
- What hours will I be working?
- Is it possible for me to work during weekends and two days out of the week?

6. What is one of your greatest achievements outside of work?
- One of my greatest achievements was getting an award for persistence in a musical program.

7. List five words that describe your character.
- Funny
- Determined
- Positive
- Helpful
- Understanding

8. What attracted you to this company?
-Your reputation in this field, your companies influence in the community as well as the opportunities for me to work in my field of study.

9. Why do you want this job?
-I will be good at this job since I have the skills and ability to do it. I like what this company stands for and I am able to work within in a team environment. I am a very capable at adapting and fitting in and I am a quick study as well.
Julian Pettus
Julian Pettus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Assignment 5: Interview Questions Due Feb 13 Empty Assignment 5: Interview Questions Due Feb 13

Post  maryc on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:04 am

1. Are you the best person for this job? Why?

I am the best person for this job because i have skills that are qualified in photography. Some in which include many awards and showings for my photography like scholastic art and writing awards, spring shows at my art high school, internships at art museums and photography studios and i have built up my own clientele in my community.

2. Describe yourself.

I'm a amateur photographer trying to make a living. I am strong in teaching others, learning new techniques and developing new ways of photographing programs and loss prevention techniques that have resulted in revenue savings of over 1,000 dollars for myself during the past 5 years.

3. Describe your career goals.

As a child, I dreamed of being an artist. When I realized I did not have the money for a huge art college, or expensive materials; I concentrated on my skills in fashion marketing/ fashion photographer because I realized it is an area where I not only can make significant contributions, but I enjoy using my talent in a corporate environment.

4. Is there a type of work environment you prefer?

I can be flexible when it comes to my work environment. Everyone would like a view in their office on the 22nd story of a beautiful marketing building in New York, but i tell myself to work my way to the top and i stay positive. A positive additude will get you far in the company and with co-workers.

5.Why do you want this job?

This is not only a fine opportunity, but this company is a place where my qualifications can make a difference. This job is a good fit for what I've been interested in throughout my career. It offers a nice mix of short- and long-term activities. My short-term achievements keep me cranked up and the long-term accomplishments make me feel like a billion bucks.

maryc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KalebG on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:08 am

1. Tell me about your ability to work under pressure.
I can work fairly well under pressure. I would say better then most, but not as good as some other people. I find that a little pressure actually can help me work better.

2. What motivates you to do your best on the job?
Generally what motivates me the most is if I personally enjoy what Iím doing, or if Iím helping someone out.

3. What assignment was too difficult for you, and how did you resolve the issue?
Iíd go to a supervisor if I came across a job that was too difficult, and if they were not available, I would try to get a co-worker whoís not busy to help me or give me advice.

4. How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience?
I tend to compensate by asking my supervisor if Iím doing something correctly as Iím doing it, to be sure that Iím not making any mistakes, or find out what I need to work on doing better.

5. Why do you think you would do well at this job?
I think this job would fit me well because I enjoy graphic design work, and I have experience both from my time at Arts Academy in the Woods and doing personal projects in my free time.
KalebG
KalebG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  VictoriaW on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:12 am

-Q: Tell me about yourself.
A: I am a senior and a photography major at Arts Academy in the Woods. I have been doing photography for the past 6 1/2 years. Landscape photography is my favorite. I am also interested in graphic design.

-Q: Why do you have an interest in photography?
A: Photography is a passion to me. I love capturing moments that may not happen ever again. All of the vibrant colors that photos are made of, make me love taking photos even more.

-Q: What is your biggest accomplishment?
A: My biggest accomplishment is that I am able to improve my photography day by day and that I am able to continue my dream of being a very successful photographer.

-Q: Why should I hire you?
A: You should hire me because I am passionate about the work that I do. I am excellent at following directions and I will fulfill any assignment that I am given to my best ability.

-Q: Are you looking to go into graphic design or more photography work?
A: I am looking forward to going into a little of both, but more photography work than graphic design work.

-Q: Are you able to work with others when needed?
A: I am able to work in a group without any conflict happening. If a conflict was to happen, I am able to get the job done and forget about the conflict.

-Q: What are your strengths?
A: My strengths are taking photos outdoors and taking macro photos. I am also really good at retouching pictures and airbrushing photos in Photoshop.
VictoriaW
VictoriaW

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/babyface.willis?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Selena S on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:59 am

Interview Questions

1. Q: What is one of your strengths? A: I would say my best strength is Iím very good at find shortcuts or ďout of the boxĒ solutions to problems. For example most people hate multiple choice math exams because of the trick answers and the fact that you receive no partial credit. However I find multiple choice math exams to be very easy because you can reverse engineer the answer by plugging the answers into the question or you can eliminate wrong answers by looking for inconsistencies.
2. Q: What is one of your weaknesses? A: My biggest weakness is Iím a procrastinator. Dates and days have never had much significance to me so I often find myself with a project or something similar that is due a ways away that is all of a sudden just around the corner and I have to rush to finish it. I almost always finish on time though. Even if itís last minute, itís still done and usually done well.
3. Q: If you could be any animal, what would you be and why? A: I would like to be a snow leopard. They are strong and graceful, they spend most of their time alone but when they have a family they are incredibly close. Snow leopards also live in very harsh environments and face possible extinction but they still manage to survive and are making a comeback.
4. Q: How do you handle stress? A: Well thereís good stress and bad stress. I usually do very well with good stress because it motivates me and helps me get things done instead of procrastinating. I deal well with bad stress as well. When bad stress gets overwhelming I just clear time in my schedule to have some alone time and relax.
5. Q: Why should I hire you? A: You should hire me because I am very intelligent and competent and I have had a lot of leadership experience in my life. This is shown through my outstanding grades and the fact that I am a student leader in many different aspects of my school.
6. Q: Where do you see yourself in ten years? A: In ten years my plan is to by then have my masters in Psychology and be working on a Ph.D. in the same field. I also plan to be writing books and screen plays in my spare time. These two fields combined are my dram job and I will do my best to attain them.

Selena S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Assignment 5: Interview Questions Due Feb 13 Empty revised

Post  KalebG on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:34 am

1. Tell me about your ability to work under pressure.
I can work fairly well under pressure. I would say better then most, but not as good as some other people. I find that a little pressure actually can help me work better.

2. What motivates you to do your best on the job?
Generally what motivates me the most is if I personally enjoy what Iím doing, or if Iím helping someone out.

3. What assignment was too difficult for you, and how did you resolve the issue?
I have had trouble with a couple of personal projects I've started before, mainly video editing, and my solution has always been to scour the internet for ways to make the project more easy, either with alternative techniques or articles explaining what I want to do step-by-step. If I'm unable to figure out anything within a few days I work on something else for a week or so.

4. How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience?
I tend to compensate by asking my supervisor if Iím doing something correctly as Iím doing it, to be sure that Iím not making any mistakes, or find out what I need to work on doing better.

5. Why do you think you would do well at this job?
I think this job would fit me well because I enjoy graphic design work, and I have experience both from my time at Arts Academy in the Woods and doing personal projects in my free time.
KalebG
KalebG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  csmith on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm

You wanted me to re-do these!!

Job Interview Questions and Answers

1. Tell me about yourself.

I am a senior at Arts Academy in the woods, where my major is Multimedia. I am eighteen years old. My hobbies include singing in my jazz/rock band, Nine to the Universe, photography, drawing, graphic design, and being with my friends. I can be both an introvert and an extrovert. I am very kind to everyone I meet. I like to joke around and have a good time, but I am still very responsible. I can be very focused and determined. I wish to stay in Michigan for most my life, but am wanting to travel all around the world at some point.

2. Tell me about your strengths.
Some of my strengths are that I am determined, I have a lot of patience, I am kind and understanding to everyone, I am a people-person, I adapt and learn quickly, and I am focused.

3. What is your greatest weakness?
My greatest weakness is that I am a perfectionist. I always strive to do my best and get the job done as well as I can.

4. Describe your work style.
For my work style I prefer working by myself so I can focus and rely on myself, but if itís needed I will definitely work with others easily as well.

5. Do you work well with other people?
Yes, I do work well with other people. I am aware of what it takes to work in a group; patience, having an open mind, teamwork, responsibility, and professionalism.

6. How do you handle stress and pressure?
I handle stress and pressure by stepping back for a moment and distracting myself, then when Iím ready Iíll continue to work.

7. What motivates you?
Wanting a quality product in the end is what motivates me. Also, having personal growth at the end of the project motivates me to continue my work in the future.

8. Are you a self motivator?
I must say motivating myself is one of my weaknesses. Itís the hardest hump to get over, but once I do, Iím ready to roll.

9. What do people most often criticize about you?
People most often criticize me about working too hard on putting my feelings or beliefs aside to please another first. However, I do not consider this a bad trait, for one of my goals is to constantly help or make someoneís life better.

10. Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?
I am willing to work both independently and on a team. I think working with other people gives opportunity for creative idea exchanges, and independent work gives opportunity for personal growth. Working in a group asks for patience and an open mind, while working by yourself you are only responsible for yourself.

11. Give an example of teamwork.
An example of teamwork is when a group of people come together and patiently work on a problem. Each individual can give their ideas and opinions freely, then discuss how to achieve their goal.

12. If you know your boss is 100% wrong about something how would you handle it?
If I knew my boss was 100% wrong about something Iíd tell them, kindly, and probably have an example or proof of their mistake. I would not be cocky or make a huge deal out of it, for that will only embarrass the both of us.

13. Why should we hire you?
You should hire me because I am willing and ready to learn and work. I am responsible and trustworthy, and will always be respectful and kind.
csmith
csmith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  samkoki-jones on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:38 pm

-What is your greatest weakness?

I wasnít the most organized person before, but I set up a time management system for myself that really helped my organization skills.

-Why do you want this job?

Not only would it be a great opportunity, but my qualifications are perfectly fit for a job like this. Iím great at communicating with people, and Iím always on time.

-How would you describe yourself?

Iím a creative thinker. Iím an artist, so Iím always looking for alternative solutions to problems and have an open mind about what will work best.

-Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?

I am comfortable with working on my own or in a team effort.

-What are you passionate about?

One of my greatest passions is creating art. Ever since I was young, I was always asking my parents for art supplies for Christmas. Whether it be 2-Dimensional or 3-Dimenional or any kind of multimedia.
samkoki-jones
samkoki-jones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Everything has been graded.
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down