Assignment 5: Earth Day Proposals - due March 4

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:57 am

Before you post, you must have another student in this class review your proposal and give you feedback - the question for them is whether or not your proposal is specific enough, and described well enough, that they have a clear idea what your finished work might look like. You must identify who reviewed your proposal.

Not clear enough: "I will take nature photos."

-----------------
In one to three sentences, describe what you plan to work on for an earth day exhibit. This must be new work, not photos that you took last semester or before. Also include the name of the student who read through your proposal.

Grading:
2 points for a clear well thought out proposal.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 5: Earth Day Proposals - due March 4

Post  LucusM on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:29 am

For my earth day project, I am going to take a picture of an outdoor scenery for the back ground. But on the grass in the foreground, there would be a close up of one of the plactic ring that hold soda. I want this picture to show that something as simple as that can hurt animals and the environment. The plastic rings, for example, can get caught around animals necks, making it harder to eat, they may get caught on their surroundings, or even sufficate and die. No

Matt D. read over my idea

LucusM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Earth day proposals.

Post  healyg on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:36 am

I am currently working on two possible projects for the earth day assignments, first is a picture that I made of earth in Photoshop that has different ethnicities shown, however looking at the finished piece it kind of looks like a lot of other earth day posters I have seen, so I may revise it.

Dimensions on this piece of work are 600/429; I might resize it to make it smaller later if it is preferable.
I got the pictures for it from morguefile.com, here are the links:
earth-http://cdn.morguefile.com/imageData/public/files/d/duboix/preview/fldr_2011_05_27/file6201306533727.jpg
I made the mandala in the background, but the original picture that I made the mandala out of came from morguefile to-http://www.morguefile.com/archive/display/130572
The hands-http://www.morguefile.com/archive/display/694316

Next I shall be taking a expedition into the abandoned construction site near my house, where boating canals offer a habitat for many animals I have seen over the years, from ground nesting birds, to that one muskrat. The local fishermen also leave their litter there sometimes too, so it can show the affect of man in nature. The fishermen when they catch small fish also usually leave them to die; instead of throwing them back to the water, so that is also a possibility for humans being carless and wasteful. There are skeletons of animals that were killed when the forest was cut down to make this unused construction site, which is similar to the video that you showed us in class on Friday. I hope to submit two entries to the forum, so that only the best will be shown in the art show for earth day.
-Healy Grant. Edited by: Mathew D.

Last edited by healyg on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total

healyg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EmK on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 am

For the Earth Day project I'll most likely be taking photos of nature. I'm going off on by having dirt and grass that's watered down. My message in the photo will be that even the nasty things of nature are beautiful due to the life its thriving in. Or I might get a bunch of produce and have a light and dark side of the mixture. It'll be photo shopped to look like the yin yang symbol.

Jordon read over.

EmK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andrea.p on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:49 am

For this Earth day project i would like to go up to one of the parks or nature trails by my house and get a feel of what it's like there in the middle of winter. It could be very nice and kept up with or the beautiful scenes of nature could be trashed. This project could swing either way. It could magnify the beauty of nature, or show how beautiful things can still become ugly if not properly kept up with. I'm excited go do this project and see how it turns out.
read over by, Emilie.

andrea.p

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  matthewd on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:50 am

For earth day I think I am going to collect all the litter in the woods and put it into one pile. People think if they leave their trash its no big deal but it can build up over time and have a affect on the wildlife.

Read by Healy G

matthewd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

earth day

Post  ChristopherS on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:25 pm

I'm going to take pictures of nature. Mother Nature will be my main focus point on this day. The Trees, the sky, the stars, the grass everything that deals with this lovely planet.

ChristopherS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kristenv on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:33 pm

I am not entirely clear on what I'm going to be doing, but I was thinking about taking one a photo of my backyard tree in the winter, and then take another during the time when buds start to grow on it, showing how something can change so beautifully in a short span of time. Like I said, I'm not clear, and if this doesn't work, I will decide something different.

This was read by Thomas L.

kristenv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominiqueb on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:44 pm

For the earth day theme, I was thinking about how much we pollute the air. So, I could get a picture of a building releasing smoke, or a ciggerete letting off smoke, giving the same affect. It would signify how much pollution we release into the world through everyday uses.

~Checked by Chelsea Lancaster <3
c:

Dominiqueb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  richardv on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:45 pm

For the Earth Day project I was thinking of taking a picture of a bunch of dead plants covered in weeds to show how pollution ruins the earth, then putting a few different kinds of pollution's s such as plastic, different gasses,trash, etc... I'm not sure if this is actually the project, but that's what I got from the assignment.

Checked by Kristen V.

richardv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michaelk1 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:06 pm

I Plan to shoot a mother nature (female model) photo shoot and show the changes in her looks overtime as the world becomes more polluted. Also If I have time I plan to go to downtown detroit and shoot photos of the pollution.
Read over by Matt Kugel

Michaelk1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EricF on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:07 am

For the earth day project i plan to take a picture of either earth of a certain area of land and show the way it used to be and the way it is after pollution. Like a half and half kind of thing to show how bad it has gotten.

EricF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  krystalk on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:30 am

For the earth day project, I had the idea to go around and collect bottles that had been littered and lay them in the grass in the shape of the recycle symbol. The message I'll be giving is that all of those littered bottles should have been recycled and weren't. It will show how each and every littered item does make a difference on the planet and it will encourage people to recycle.
Griffin read over the idea.

krystalk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaileyM on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:32 am

I have a small nature trail around my house.
There is a river there, and it's a really pretty area.
But, there is a lot of trash over there.
My idea is to have a my friend model for me.
She would represent 'mother nature'.
I had an idea of maybe capturing mother nature struggling to keep the area place clean.
It's hard for me to describe what exactly I have in mind, but It'll be pretty cool. Wink

KaileyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:33 am

For my Earth Day project, I will create an image that depicts various people, animals, plants and trees. Everything in the image will be made up of various earth textures, such as sand, rock, grass, etc. The meaning behind the image is that every living thing you see comes from the earth, and because of this we need each other more than we think.

Checked by Dajohn

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top