Assignment 15: Post your best work from the year. due May 19

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Assignment 15: Post your best work from the year. due May 19

Post  ChristopherS on Tue May 20, 2014 1:10 pm

The mist of no return

I chose this picture because it stood out to me more. I think the way the images are set up makes a lot of sense. The baby covering its eyes to not see the monster coming out of the ground and the scary face in the mist on the side are eye catching. I like how it actually looks like the monster is coming from the dirt and how the monster in the fog makes it look safer on the road. The baby don't know what to do so it doesn't run away, it just covers up out of confusion and fear.

ChristopherS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CaseyF on Tue May 20, 2014 11:45 pm

Human History
CaseyF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kara.b on Wed May 21, 2014 10:20 am

Born this way
I chose this picture because I like how it doesn't have any sloppy work in it. I put so much effort into this piece from the beginning and I was very happy to see it came out perfectly just as I planned.

Under the Sea
I chose this picture because I like the way everything is positioned even though everything in it is a different picture its positioned perfectly to the point where it looks like its one picture.

kara.b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GriffinH on Thu May 22, 2014 10:40 am

GriffinH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  briannah on Thu May 22, 2014 10:41 am

"Burn Your Pains"
I would definitely say that this was my best work. The whole idea/concept comes together and it looks really awesome. First, the drawing of the panther is pretty accurate and scary lookin'. Then the font for, "PANTHERNESS" really goes well with the "dangerous" theme. Then "Burn Your Pains" is self-explanatory, especially with the rageful panther in a burning fire. The color theme of red looks great, and the colors stand out.
briannah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  christina.t on Thu May 22, 2014 10:47 am

I really like this mandala and the golden/ rainbow sphere light that is radiating in it.

christina.t

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganCa on Thu May 22, 2014 1:01 pm

"Shaped" - I think is project was one of my best pieces because of how it turned out and how hard I worked on it. I started the assignment thinking it would be easy but it turned out quite difficult. I like how you can see the shapes but it still kind of blends together to form the picture. I'm really proud of how this turned out.

MorganCa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenziek on Tue May 27, 2014 10:09 am

mackenziek wrote:

This is one of my best pieces because it looks quite similar to the actual design of numbers in the film "The Matrix". At first glance, It looks like rows of green. But when looked at carefully, you can tell most of the green patterns are numbers.
mackenziek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DakotaHaba on Tue May 27, 2014 10:10 am

DakotaHaba wrote:Where Death Lives

I like the effect it gives like someone is taking a picture and the bomb is going off in the background right behind them the almost melting effect the glass gives the bomb makes this a picture someone would look at for more then three seconds then walk on to the next peice. Also, The fog on the ground gives the sense that death is imminent to the person taking this picture

LongView

Longview gives this dream like world with lights and the mix of blue, white and orange is very nice. i feel the dream like feel and the burst of color and light.

A Life Of Fear

the dark shadowy figure with red eyes is creepy and mysterious and the no mouth makes it to where all you see is a voiceless scared figure. all these give the art piece not only a eerie or creepy felling but a feeling of the unknown.

Last edited by DakotaHaba on Tue May 27, 2014 10:38 am; edited 3 times in total

DakotaHaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenziek on Tue May 27, 2014 10:15 am

mackenziek wrote: Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad cyclops 

This is one of my best pieces because visually, the light on the flowers as the same purple tint as the colors of the flowers. it matches, yet it retains it own creativity by being of of a kind.
mackenziek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Tue May 27, 2014 10:17 am

[quote="clintonh"]Rwar lol! 

Sounds and Angles afro 

Time & Space cyclops 

Music at it's Finest  affraid 

Star Wack Sleep 

Matrix Andrew Garfield Arrow 

This is one of my favorite pieces of art work because not only does it involve one of my favorite movies "The Matrix" but because it's a piece that i did on my own that wasn't an assignment. I didn't have to be criticize on it or told to do it over and over again. I took the time to learn how to do it, i did my best and im happy with it.
clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Tue May 27, 2014 10:40 am

[quote="clintonh"]Rwar lol! 

Sounds and Angles afro 

Time & Space cyclops 

Music at it's Finest  affraid 

Star Wack Sleep 

I feel the reason this art piece was sucessful was because the "matrix effect" adds a unique effect to Andrew Griffons face which can be something that its not only interesting but something that can catch your eye
clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mileskemp on Tue May 27, 2014 12:35 pm

mileskemp wrote:

tradition

this is one of my favorites because i think it demonstrates more technical skill than most of my other assignments, and i like the juxtaposition of an ancient statue against modern technology and circuit boards.

disruption

i consider this my best work this year for the aforementioned reasons, but specifically, i think the color theory in it is a point of interest, and i succeeded in drawing colors from the background to add to the statue. the background vaguely resembles tiling or paths as one might see in ancient greek architecture, which adds to the cohesive overall design, and it isn't clear whether it's a floor or a background in the picture, which adds to the abstract almost surreal look.
mileskemp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 15: Post your best work from the year

Post  taylorflowers on Tue May 27, 2014 12:43 pm

i like this piece because it demonstrates not only imagination and creativity, but skill because of the small spaces between the tree branches that i had to fill in, which took a LOT of time.
taylorflowers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  trayvon on Tue May 27, 2014 1:25 pm

trayvon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  samanthas on Tue May 27, 2014 1:35 pm

I chose this picture because although the process of making this portrait was easy, it required a lot of patience. I also chose this picture as my best work because I like the amount of detail I put into it

samanthas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  avab on Wed May 28, 2014 9:58 am

Through the Looking Glass
I submitted this piece for the rhythm collage project. I think the images flow together and really fits the concept of having rhythm. It has more of a psychedelic feel to it which i like and its different than something like putting two pictures of some cats and a bowl of milk together.

Golden
I submitted this piece for the revisiting a historical painting assignment. I like it because i think the way i incorporated the texture in the background and enhanced the gold hue of the dress really helps match the feel of the original painting. The color really pops out and hits you.

avab

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  savannahc on Wed May 28, 2014 10:01 am

savannahc wrote:
I really like this one because it draws attention to the different shades of blue and kind of categorizes them. I personally really love the sky and all of the different colors of blue it can be. I tried to take this picture and capture what I love about it and share it.
I also really liked how good the lighting was and how clear the quality of the picture turned out.

savannahc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CaseyF on Thu May 29, 2014 10:45 am

CaseyF wrote:

And She Was
This piece was already featured in The Evening of the Arts. It was submitted for they rhythm assignment.

Impressionist
This is a modernization of Claude Monet's "Gladioli". I submitted this for the historical painting assignment

And She Was The goal I had in this piece was to make it look like a dream. When I dream I don't see their face, I just see their body. The butterfly's were there to symbolize love and romance, as well as the added bonus of giving the piece rhythm. The girl in the picture is someone you think so fondly of and so she is floating above everything else.

Impressionist What I like most about this piece is that it isn't exactly spot on. There are small differences in my version of "Gladioli" for instance, the umbrella is on the wrong shoulder. I think that the small differences between the two pictures are what make it so Impressionistic
CaseyF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganCa on Thu May 29, 2014 12:42 pm

MorganCa wrote:

"Shaped" - I think is project was one of my best pieces because of how it turned out and how hard I worked on it. I started the assignment thinking it would be easy but it turned out quite difficult. I like how you can see the shapes but it still kind of blends together to form the picture. I'm really proud of how this turned out.

I like how real the shirt looks. The different shadows give it this kind of realistic look as if it was actually a picture instead of pen tool work. The lighting of the original picture made some of my red hair look purple and pink and that shows in this piece. It's cool how you can see the different shades or lighting by the shapes.

MorganCa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kara.b on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:25 am

kara.b wrote:
Born this way
I chose this picture because I like how it doesn't have any sloppy work in it. I put so much effort into this piece from the beginning and I was very happy to see it came out perfectly just as I planned.

Under the Sea
I chose this picture because I like the way everything is positioned even though everything in it is a different picture its positioned perfectly to the point where it looks like its one picture.

Born this way: The quality of the picture is great. There are no smudge marks anywhere on this piece. It came out better that i expected it to.

Under the Sea: It has a great feel to it. The color scheme of the fish matches the background and it looks flawless.

kara.b

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  christian L on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:43 pm

This is my best work of the year because it has a lot of creativity and it shows my ability to do fine arts. lol!

christian L

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  trayvon on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:39 pm

For this year, this was the best project I did. In my opinion the colors compliment each other. The little small design was an picture was a pattern I made. When I was making this I was thinking plant x. So it was like something was sucking something up. I tried my best on this project. So then I started putting things together that looked good.

trayvon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skylerc on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:29 am

skylerc wrote:

I think that these are a couple of my best pieces of the year because I think the effects look nice and I put a lot of thought into them. I also think the lighting looks good in both pictures.
(Redo on reason why I like these pieces)
For the zombie one, I was proud of the graphic work that I did. Especially on the cracking on the face and the skull part. I could improve it some... but I appreciate the amount of time and effort I put into it.
For the lipstick, I really like the view and the effect the lighting had on the piece. And I think the color I gave to the picture matches the feeling that I was trying to give well.
skylerc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:42 am

i feel the reason this art piece was successful was because the "matrix effect" adds a unique effect to Andrew Griffons face which can be something that its not only interesting but something that can catch your eye. I believe that the best part in this peace is the different shades of green. For instance, If you look closely it you'll see that it doesn't start off dark and fades to light. The light and dark colors are everywhere and there in no particular order i believe that's my favorite part about this project.
clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top