Assignment 15: Post your best work from the year. due May 19

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Assignment 15: Post your best work from the year. due May 19

Post  JeffreyX on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:43 pm

JeffreyX wrote:" />

This piece is a new take on a simple object. The flower used to create this rotating mandala was a tulip, but after editing it more closely resembles the sun, where all forms of energy originated from. The tulip's natural color goes well with the idea of a sun in every living object, while the background's green tint reveals that this object is indeed, terrestrial.
JeffreyX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skylerc on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:31 am

skylerc wrote:
skylerc wrote:

I think that these are a couple of my best pieces of the year because I think the effects look nice and I put a lot of thought into them. I also think the lighting looks good in both pictures.
(Redo on reason why I like these pieces)
For the zombie one, I was proud of the graphic work that I did. Especially on the cracking on the face and the skull part. I could improve it some... but I appreciate the amount of time and effort I put into it.
For the lipstick, I really like the view and the effect the lighting had on the piece. And I think the color I gave to the picture matches the feeling that I was trying to give well.
(Okay so I've got to redo this again apparently. So here's a redo.)
Lipstick
I think that one of the things that really pop out in this piece, is the angle in which the photograph is taken. You can also see the texture of the lipstick and the reflections off the plastic. The whole piece has a sort of faded look to it, but the color of the lipstick still pops out. The direction that the letters are facing is good because you can still tell it says 'Lipstick' but it's not directly in the middle to draw your attention too much. To me, this piece symbolizes to let yourself be open and do not be afraid to express who you are. These reasons are why I think its one of my favorite pieces of the year.
skylerc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  samanthas on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:56 pm

\
I chose my mandala as my best work this year. i chose the mandala because i personally love the history and culture about mandalas. I thought it was really fun to make one of my own. i also chose my mandala because I used a photo of flowers that my father gave to me.

samanthas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:56 am

Everything's been graded.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content