Assignment 17: artistic information display (final project for seniors) due May 30

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 17: artistic information display (final project for seniors) due May 30

Post  Admin on Wed May 28, 2014 9:54 am

Post your final version of the ARTISTIC take on information design. I am not looking for a corporate style graph for this project, but something you would see as a piece of art that might hang in a gallery.

Grading (4 points possible)

Aesthetics:
2 points (0 points if it looks like a regular graph, or a simple graph with a background photo.)

Originality:
2 points for creativity in ideas and how you displayed the information. Ideas which mimic one of the two examples I showed you (time spent on a website or mapping out words in a poem) will earn a maximum of ONE point in this category.

Last edited by Admin on Fri May 30, 2014 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 17: artistic information display (final project for seniors) due May 30

Post  mileskemp on Wed May 28, 2014 11:52 am

mostly self explanatory. in case it isn't clear, the height of the note indicates the number of artists. (the lowest is one, and the highest is 11 or 12, should be easy enough to count.)
mileskemp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 17: artistic information display (final project for seniors) due May 30

Post  jenglish on Wed May 28, 2014 12:26 pm

This one is called for every set back (red circles) there is a greater come back (green circles). There has been multiple unfortunate events that have happened in my life this represents that.
The darker the color of the circles the more serious or major the comeback or setback was same would go for size the bigger the more serious. You have to start looking at it from the circle by the Lions nose which represents when my father died and the circle around that which is my family and i moving from our old neighborhood work your way down and around and see the tragety and rewards of my life guessing because i cant tell all the stories but when you get to the biggest darkest green circle on the lions face you'll notice that circle dosnt have a red one in it because thats me Graduating there is no set back for that. The lion represents God notice how the circles are all around him that's because he held me together all these years. Thanks to him its definate that i will succeed.

jenglish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexisT on Wed May 28, 2014 12:31 pm

AlexisT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  amandag on Wed May 28, 2014 12:32 pm

These are my most played artists. I counted the songs of each artist and out of 50 songs there are 18 artists. The bigger the picture the more songs i listen to more frequently.
amandag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenziek on Thu May 29, 2014 9:59 am

This is going to be a graph of alternative rock bands from the 80's & 90's (but mostly 80's). Since it is a bar graph the bars are going to be equalizer bars.

Last edited by mackenziek on Thu May 29, 2014 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
mackenziek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DakotaHaba on Thu May 29, 2014 10:03 am

DakotaHaba wrote:

The size of the brush is the number of times a specific word showed up on the artsacad.net webpage  Very Happy 

DakotaHaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katieb on Thu May 29, 2014 10:04 am

The buttons inside the jar show the amount I have saved for sewing materials($37.00) and the buttons going into the jar is the amount I need ($9.00)

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Thu May 29, 2014 10:07 am

clintonh wrote:

My graph was about superheros. You can tell how much i like the superheros based on the size of there log. But if thats to Hard then i also made a graph...

p.s. Superman sucks his powers have been the same since the 1940s
clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Doing The Arty Thing

Post  jaram on Thu May 29, 2014 10:09 am

This graph is supposed to represent the amount of art I made over the 4 day weekend.
The upper portion shows traditional (Art made with the classic pencil and paper)
While the lower portion shows digital (Art made with a tablet and pen)
jaram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CaseyF on Thu May 29, 2014 10:36 am

Graph displaying the sound waves of "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters
CaseyF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JaneS on Thu May 29, 2014 10:41 am

JaneS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skylerc on Fri May 30, 2014 10:09 am

skylerc wrote:
I made this piece to represent all of the movies I have been watching lately. The bright bars represent the hours of movies I have spent each day. The light ones above don't really symbol anything to be honest. It just adds to it I think. The reason why I chose to make it an old TV is pretty obvious.  But the TV is sort of hinting that my data has something to do with watching TV. So you could end up taking a guess what it symbolizes without my description.
skylerc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  saleenat on Fri May 30, 2014 12:38 pm

I made this picture to show how much people chew gum in the world. And the piece in the middle is the chosen piece everyone eats you can say. I was trying to be creative and not just put a plain bubble, but I do like how it turned out.

saleenat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RileyJ on Fri May 30, 2014 12:51 pm

RileyJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JewelsK on Fri May 30, 2014 12:55 pm

I did this as a computer screen, implying from my data, how much time I would spend on my laptop or inside rather than outside. The happy flower is how much time I spend outside, and the sad flower is the time I spend inside. The flowers are the same height, implying that I spend equal time outside as I do inside.

JewelsK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  brookeh on Fri May 30, 2014 1:36 pm

This a representation of the different kinds of animals I've owned through out my life, there are three dogs, Max, we had when I was a baby, Reese we had until I turned eleven, then she was put down, and now we have mocha, that we got on Christmas eve this year. Then there are the two cats, shadow I got as a gift when I was three, and Oscar, we found as a stray, then we had several different fish throughout my life, the only two I remember having names where the two I won at a birthday party, and I named them spottie and wottie, because they were goldfish with black spots, that eventually killed them. Then we had two birds, but my cat shadow scared them two weeks after we got them, literally to death, so we never had a chance to name them. The breeds don't match my animals breeds, just the animals themselves do.
brookeh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shawnahz on Fri May 30, 2014 2:02 pm

I was charting how many cups of coffee I drank for four days straight. Each different color ring on the plates represents a new day. The white lines within the coffee cups are tally marks of how many cups I had.
shawnahz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marissa H. on Fri May 30, 2014 2:11 pm

This represents how many cats of 4 different age groups are in a local animal shelter, the four age groups are: kitten,young adult, adult and senior. Each cat you see represents one of the 4 age groups; the orange cat represents kitten,the brown cat represents young adult, the white cat represents adult and the black cat preresents senior. The paw prints you see scattered around the cats represent how many cats of a particular age group are there at the animal shelter.The two orange paw prints represent kittens, the brown paw prints represent young adults, the white pawprints represent adults and the black paw prints represent seniors.

Marissa H.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tedij on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:27 am

This represents how much of the genres of music I listen to. I decided to use headphones and sound waves to give people an idea that I'm talking about music. The higher the analogous sound wave gets, the more I listen to it.
tedij

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaylaMc on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:51 am

Comparing my character ,Robin Seth with colors showing his envy, hatred, and past.
Robin is part demon but he wasn't possessed because of how pure he was.  Evil or Very Mad  Embarassed
KaylaMc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganCa on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:03 pm

This was suppose to originally be how many fruits people usually ate during a month but I changed it to how many fruits I eat within a week. The drops of color representing the fruits. The light red for strawberries, the purple for plums, green for grapes and dark red for watermelon.

MorganCa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tannerj on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:07 pm

For this piece I did a sort of collage/graph thingy showing my most played artists on my phone. I have around like 250 songs on my phone and out of all of them I had a good 45-50 songs that I listen to all the time. So I took the artists from those songs and made a collage showing all the artists from all the songs in my "most played" folder. In this collage it has a large variety of genres flowing in it. Like rap, deathcore, metalcore, heavy metal, post-hardcore, hip-hop, etc.
tannerj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan a on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:30 pm

it is the songs i listen too, from different franchises. You'll have to click on the whole thing to view the full image
jordan a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindsayf on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:42 pm

In this historical piece this is basicly talking about our worst leaders in the nation.

lindsayf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top