Assignment 5: Interview questions due 9/19

Go down

Assignment 5: Interview questions due 9/19

Post  Admin on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:21 am

List at least 5 job interview questions you might be asked during a design/photography related job interview, and your answers. These must be fairly typical questions you would really expect to get during an interview. Answer each question in paragraph form; don't give me one or two word answers. (5 points, 1 point deduction for each day late).
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 5: Interview questions due 9/19

Post  KaliahA on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:37 am

1. What inspired you to want to be a photographer?

I have always been great with technology but as soon as I learned how to use a camera my eye for detail progressed. I would look at pictures that people have taken and analyze them. The thing that would make me most upset is when you look at a picture of someone or people and they donít take up the picture, either their heads are cut off or they are all the way in the corner with so much more space of the picture to cover.

2. What is your favorite aspect of photography?
† †
I love that aspect of photography where you can tell a story with just a flash. It takes a lot of skill to make something so simple, have an impact on someone in a huge way.

3. What is your least favorite aspect of photography?

I am not a huge fan of taking pictures of myself; I strongly believe that you can make a change using someone else because if they can see that they are not alone in the situation, and you are not just trying to sympathize with them by using yourself.

4. Do you enjoy editing pictures?

I do enjoy editing pictures if it does not involve making a dramatic change to someoneís appearance. The beauty of things and people is the intriguing part when dealing with photography.

5. Since you do photography are you experienced in video shooting and editing as well?
† †
I am not experienced in video shooting but I am also not against learning how to do it. † † † †I have very little but some experience in video editing, but I am also in the process of learning more because it gives others more options on how they want to tell there story, through pictures or video.
KaliahA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin B on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:15 pm

1:What made you want to be a photographer?
Capturing moments. Being able to take photos, go back and look at then, and instantly remember how the person was feeling or what we were talking about while the picture was being taken.

2: Have you ever worked in Photoshop?
Yes, in High School my major was Digital imaging, and Photoshop was the program we used to edit photos. I'm really experienced.

3: What's your favorite type of photography?
My favorite type is urban photography because I love being able to take pictures of of everyday life. No models just taking photos of what's really going on.

4: Whats your favorite lens? Why?
My favorite lens is the Canon 50mm because when being up close on objects it focuses great, and blurs out everything else.

5: What kind of camera do you have and why?
I have a Canon T3. I got it because I read that it was a good camera work with coming from a point and shoot to a DSLR.
Justin B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam.C on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:10 pm

1. What got you into animation?
Ever since I was little I've just really enjoyed cartoons and the illusion of movement it created. I never really liked drawing "Illustrations" or "Fine Art" I felt like there were too many standards and rules that I just couldn't keep up with. But with animation there is much more freedom to just create something and have it suit to what you find comfortable.

2. How long have you been animating?
I started animating when I was about 9 years old. My older brother got a digital camera and access to the computer. Soon after we made little clay figures and made very simple stop motion shorts with movie maker, up until my brother lost interest and went off to do other things. I kept at it and just kept making movies and I've been animating ever since

3. What do you plan to achieve as an animator?
I would like to just make this a solid living, because I love doing it. I don't care how many films I make how many awards I win, I just love animating and I want to live off that.

4.Have you done professional work?
Yes, I am art director for a virtual band. My job there is to animate music videos, shorts, and create any other additional art for the band (Ex. Posters, T-Shirts, Album covers) I get paid for every piece I create and it's a very nice job.

5. Where do you see yourself in 5 Years?
I see myself hopefully somewhere in the storyboard department or even being the director of a show. Even better would be if I created a TV show and running that. I see myself somewhere around there.
Sam.C

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steveH on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:15 am

What interest you about multimedia.
What made me want to get into multimedia mostly is the facet that I like editing videos because even if the video looks bad you can still edit and fix it with ease in Sony Vegas

What do you like most about Photoshop
what I like most about Photoshop is that your able to add really nice effects to any photo you want basically and its really nice because you can fix a lot of imperfections quick as lightning and its easy if you know what your doing.
Whatís the hardest thing about editing
The hardest thing is that its very tedious and time consuming but in the end its worth it

Whatís your favorite editing program for photos and videos
My favorite for editing photos mostly is probably gimp just because I feel like it has †a lot more options and is a lot easier to use and for editing †media †I mostly like Sony Vegas just because you got everything in front of you and its not like most programs were everything is packed into stuff

steveH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  danielr on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:07 am

1 - When and why did you become interested in photography?
To be honest I didn't find my interest in photography until I took my Digital Imaging and Photography course in high-school. I was taking the class because I was interested in computers, and wanted to make art with them. But then, when I began the basic photography projects we had, I had fun and came up with some good shots, and that's when I became interested.

2 - What sort of equipment do you use?
I use a Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital SLR camera primarily for my work. I use portable mini tripods for when I travel, and only have two lenses at the moment. The lenses I have are a Canon 18-55mm Image Stabilizer lens, and a Canon zoom lens, 75-300mm. I plan to get more in the future when I learn more about them.

3 - Do you work well with assistants or second shooters?
Yes, I do. I am able to coordinate our actions so we can finish our work on schedule, and I know other photographers that I could call on from my school. I would be open to working with someone new, as well. I'm not too worried about having a consistent theme, as I am able to communicate what I am thinking to others. I am comfortable shooting on my own, when the project calls for it.

4 - Do you have formal training?
Other than my high-school digital imaging and photography class, I haven't taken any classes for photography. I have developed my own methods over time, a period of around five years, but would enjoy learning more. I've considered classes in photography, and have also signed up for photography forums, but I just don't use them enough.

5 - Why is photography important to you?
Photography is important to me because I feel that it conveys ideas, and how the photographer sees things, very well. Photography can show a wide range of ideas, concerns, interests, and the dusty parts of the world in a new light. Framing what catches your eye, noticing the details, and creating art. Photography has been an advancement in art since it's inception, and I believe that it's one of the coolest things in the world, and anyone can do it.
danielr

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/atanih23

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:25 am

These have all been graded.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content