4: End of week review: 9/26

View previous topic View next topic Go down

4: End of week review: 9/26

Post  Admin on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:46 am

Studio Work

1. Upload new work. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

2. Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Looking forward:

4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 4: End of week review: 9/26

Post  HealyG on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:06 am

600/600

600/475

600/399

600/450

2. Self-critique: This week I learned many efficient methods of blending photos together in order to create more realistic nature/cityscapes I feel quite good about them, especially the second one. The coloration makes it seem more like there's a dense smoke in the air, remnant of past firework explosions. However, I would still like to blend that first one a bit more, while experimenting with color modulation I wound up creating a line I couldn't get rid of... That in my opinion mars the eerie feel of the piece.  

3. Identify new skills: This week I learned how to blend photos more professionally in Photoshop, and read an article on fifty ways one can use a layer mask. (They're your friends)

4. Looking forward: Nest week I hope to work more on the Yearbook covers, I have many planned out and hope to turn in more than one, by the way, can I use elements for past assignments on the extra covers?

5. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week. Texturing and life like coloration one would see in a texture, like, a coffee stain on paper.
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EricF on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:37 am

4th hour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCstB8NBv3M

2. I think the project look good and helped me understand After Effects more, However I had much more planned A project in after effects (involving the rain effect) that I wish I could of used or properly finished however I think it was too advanced for me to do right now.

3. I learned more about the effects in After Effects and how to manipulate them (Like the shatter effect and how to the shatter and make the pieces smaller or bigger or how to make more of the rain drops and the size of the ripple etc)

4. I would like to work move on starting and finishing full projects with After Effects rather then just small clips of effects I have learned.

EricF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:00 pm

http://youtu.be/K5P5obKPhkk

I created this production title which I hope to use in my future motion picture works. I think this week I've succeeded in applying the skills I learned in After Effects to my actual creative works, which is pretty satisfying. I'd like to keep learning After Effects and become increasingly proficient in using it. This next week, I hope to do just that. I think I want to focus on more word graphic stuff as well as green screening.

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam.C on Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:04 pm

This video was finished pretty quickly, but still not as fast as I finished "Rocket Trash". I was glad that Campbell told me to make the who feeling of the video all chemical and science like, it really gave me a chance to go all out in editing the live action footage. I also really enjoy the contrast between the band and the scientists and how they are separated but at the same time conjoined together creating this kind of natural feeling, like nothing feels out of place or disconnected. Overall I had a lot of fun making this and can't wait to do another!

Most of the new skills in this video I already explained in the last weekly progress where I was experimenting with frame by frame traditional and mashing it up with this limited animation feel. It definitely suits the chemical theme with a lot of boiling lines, vibrant colors, and the simplistic drawing style I implement for the band.

I really want to try and fuse live action with animation next or at least create live backgrounds and form them with animated characters.
Sam.C

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaliahA on Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:51 pm

I am currently still working on this one.

http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/tutorials/adobe-illustrator/design-amazing-mosaic-effects/

http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/crocodile-and-frog-photoshop--psd-22326

My next project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiSMVQgI3fw

2. With this weeks work what worked well is the success of me being able to put pictures into 1 to make something different. What did not work is that it was hard to find the perfect picture and it was hard actually trying to find a tutorial to help me understand how to do it.

3. I worked on being able to manipulate photos into 1 and make them look different then before.

4. Next week I plan to work on the same skill some more but try to do a project on my own without the tutorials.
KaliahA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EricF on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:38 am

6th Hour:

I was working on using the brush tool more and kinda making different types of shapes and using it for design. Honestly The project helped me with making lines with the brush tool better however I feel this project and others I did in this fashion came out sloppy and not the way I wanted them too. I would like to work more on using the pen to create (better) things and incorporate them into other styles of work i'm already familiar with.

EricF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DakotaHaba on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:38 pm

DakotaHaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adamh on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:39 pm

2. this week I really like it i learned a lot new skill this week with luqify  

this week i improved my luqify skills next week i will i will do a Photoshop  tutorials

adamh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DakotaHaba on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:26 pm

DakotaHaba wrote:

I added a burst of color or detail to a picture i would like to put more effort in dividing up parts of images very smoothly and added affects to help make images have more of a pop when you see them

DakotaHaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DakotaHaba on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:00 pm

[/quote]

I added a burst of color or detail to a picture and looked at adding separate affects to each layer

i would like to put more effort in dividing up parts of images very smoothly and added affects to help make images have more of a pop when you see them

DakotaHaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:41 am

Everything's been checked and graded.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content