Assignment 8: End of week review: Oct 24

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 8: End of week review: Oct 24

Post  Admin on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:30 am

LABEL YOUR RESPONSE WITH PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4
Studio Work

Part 1. Upload new work. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Looking forward:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 8: End of week review: Oct 24

Post  HealyG on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:05 am

1)

This week I created three watermarks, all of which could be used on different pieces to work with different emotions. They are saved as brushes, and hopefully it will upload with a transparent background.

2) I like the last one the best due to the motion, but the first is the easiest to read and would distract the least. The second is a bit hard to read at this size, so I could only use it on medium assignments. If I make any more I will make sure to convert to a smart object before making it a brush, that way I can enlarge it to any size.

3) This week I looked into designs that do not draw attention, yet are still pleasing to the eye. I also researched what fonts have been used too often in the design media. By doing this my designs will stand out, and still be legible.
( http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2011/02/10-iconic-fonts-and-why-you-should-never-use-them/ )

4) As for next week, I will experiment with all the layer styles that can be acceded by going to "Layer ==> Layer Styles." To work with this I will also take some photography to experiment on. Expect portraits and scenery.
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EricF on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:05 am

4th hour:
2. I think the layers and different styles of colors that come out work well but could be a little more subtle.
3. I worked on using different layers to make different shades of colors and using different blending options on different layers in Photoshop.
4. I would like to work more on other new Photoshop techniques.

6th hour:
3. I worked in Premier and learned how to use the chroma key.
4. Develop more techniques in Premier that I knew in vegas.

EricF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adamh on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:59 am

Part 1.

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further? this week i like both of the pictures i made this week and new blur skills

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in Photoshop.)for the fist one i learn to make it look smaller with the blur also made look like a puzzle the second picture i posted before but updated but, i learn to added a copyright to it.

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
next i will try a abstract style picture.

adamh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DakotaHaba on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:17 pm

I fixed a computer Smile
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

DakotaHaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCDl3Zh6oSE&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPF2dAhWWqg&list=UUbGf6NFIP21ju6AG_d5aUTg
This week I was experimenting in After Effects. I made some trippy motion graphics.

Part 2: I think I've been able to be more creative in general while using After Effects. I've been able to create things just through playing and experimenting, and deciding "Oh, that looks cool" and expanding upon ideas.

Part 3: I learned how to create custom brushes in Photoshop, which has helped me to create textures and looks that I never thought I could make by myself.

Looking forward:

Part 4: Next week I hope to do more with textures and learn a few new After Effects skills.

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaliahA on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:14 pm

1.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG784oxeQcQ
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMRuDE-anww

-I have started to outline the picture

2. With this weeks work I was able to test out the facial hair technique in a different way and I started a new project with turning a picture into a cartoon. I would like to continue working on the cartoon affect.

3. I learned how to use the radial effect in order to edit a picture.

4. Next week I will continue with the cartoon affect and figure out what different things I can do with it.
KaliahA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zacharyo on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:47 pm

i like the placement of the caterpillar eyes however i want to work on manipulating object to make them into different shapes and formations

i leaned how to do a little bit with the smudge tool to blend things with one another.

zacharyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:53 am

I have grades in for the week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content