Assignment 10: end of week review Due Nov 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 10: end of week review Due Nov 7

Post  Admin on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:04 am

LABEL YOUR RESPONSE WITH PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4
Studio Work

Part 1. Upload new work. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Looking forward:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 10: end of week review Due Nov 7

Post  lindsayf on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:12 am

Finished the second part to the person backround layers with sculptures.
In this weeks work im trying to clear up edges on images.
This week i worked on deleting backrounds.
Next week i will continue working with backround layers and smoothing out images and using quick mask mode.

lindsayf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zacharyo on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:05 am

I like my energy balls arms and how they are positioned i like some of the floating eyes but some aren't blended quite right depending what type of light is around them. i want to try on working on blending different things with different light.

I learned a bit about positioning and enlarging things to make it look like they are in different parts of the hallway.

zacharyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:48 am

1)

This week for Part One of this assignment I was able to work with eight of the most common skin tones and create an easy eyedropper chart for a set of three analogous colors. I tend to use more blues, greens, and yellows in my work so this works. However, I intend to create an easy pallet for the fade of every color, and possibly make some complementary ones, such as seen in the "Tumblr Pallet Challenge." Which, if I might add, creates so much beautiful eye popping work.

2)
This week I was able to work with shading and color pallets, I worked with flow, brush opacity, used brush rotations, and various setting under the brush swatch. Unfortunately, it still has a "plastic" feel as one would see on a doll, I found some brushes which add a pore effect to the skin, I am also experimenting with this video
http://vimeo.com/30142858 and this one at home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDR1NR_NCxc
I hope to achieve at the very least the first video's effect on all the balls over next week, and then work with a face. (A much larger project, so I will start at home, possibly scan an image in to work off of.)
(I can't find my logo brush... When I find it I will edit.)

3)
This week I learned more on smoothing, layer blending modes, various shortcuts using the keyboard, and on what shades look best together, depending on what kind of monitor you have, since many show colors in variation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kQllLy_X4I
I did research this week, because this is an important assignment to me. If I wish to be able to draw and paint realistically in 2D Art then I should be, at the very least, on-par with my Photoshop skills at the same tasks.

4)
Next week I will continue said project, (I'm sorry, I truly want to go in depth on this) and if I finish, embark on different studies. I promise results.
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EricF on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:28 am

4th hour

2. The piece looks odd & different however I think the background doesn't fit.
3. This week I worked a little bit in Premier and learned some of the audio techniques and effects.
4. I plan on working more in Premier and learning more techniques

6th hour:
3. I worked in Premier and learned the title tool and learned how to do different styles of text and using the fill types to make the text have different shadings.
4. Working on filming some things and bringing them to Premiere to make a project (Possibly the film school thing).

EricF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adamh on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:37 pm

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?with  this week i really liked what i have done.

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)
with the first photo i used 3d along with some blending option and the second photo i used diffrent effect to make the picture feel more alive.
Looking forward:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
next week i will try use more render settings

adamh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DakotaHaba on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:41 pm

2. I have developed better icon/logo design but i still am not completely satisfied with the out come

3. I worked with 3d design that i was having difficulty getting a screenshot of and logo design and the strange image was for a green liquid vile but i couldn't get a picture of i also worked with icon creation and a Shadow effect with those icons

4. i plan to continue working on 3D creation and also get into creating desktop designs that you may have seen on my pc

DakotaHaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Part 1.

In addition, I created two video files I will show you on my monitor because there isn't enough space for me to convert the files to post them on YouTube.

Part 2. I think this week I've done a good job of applying my skills to professional-looking commercial pieces. I'd like to continue to do this to build my portfolio.

Part 3. I learned how to loop video in After Effects.

Part 4. I'd like to learn more about tracking motions in After Effects

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaliahA on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Part 1

2. This week I was able to do the rest of the coloring that was needed, but unfortunately I did not get the chance of doing more detail.

3.I learned an easier way to feel in spaces with color, rather then making a space and coloring it in with the brush tool.

4.Next Week I will be working on detail for the picture.
KaliahA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:53 am

Grades are in.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content