Assignment 11: end of week review Due Nov 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 11: end of week review Due Nov 14

Post  Admin on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:44 am

LABEL YOUR RESPONSE WITH PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4
Studio Work

Part 1. Upload new work. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Looking forward:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 11: end of week review Due Nov 14

Post  lindsayf on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:06 am

In this weeks work i worked on gettting better at the quickmask mode for backround layers.
Currently i am trying to get better at deleting backrounds and focusing on the picture itself.
Next i will be working on sizing images .

lindsayf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DakotaHaba on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:22 am

2. what worked well was that one was handmade completely and will become animated at some point the other i wanted to make it blend with the forum so i did

3. I worked on being able to combine pics with web pages and hand making art for flash

4. i plan to animate the drawing and work more with blending in pictures with enviorments

DakotaHaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zacharyo on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:36 am

this week I tried learning a bit more about making things blend with different light sources. I also learned how to use a neat tool to erase and make smoother edges and lines

i really want to get a full handle on the clone stamp so i think next week i want to do something that uses that heavily.

zacharyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EricF on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:38 am

4th hour:

2. I think the pieces are what I originally planned on doing and are good representation of that, However the second one is kinda sloppy and could be be better.
3. This week i worked in Premier more and learned how to work better with the titles and using the text.
4. I hope to begin work on a project of some kinda (video project)

6th hour.
3. I worked in photoshop more and learned the smudge/sharpen tool and how to incorporate it into projects.
4. I wanna learn more about the dodge tool and other tools I have not worked out.

EricF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Step 2 - This week I worked a lot with textures and patterns. I think I've been able to create stuff that looks cool, but I'm not quite sure what it would be usable for. I'd like to find a purpose for the textures/patterns/designs, since they seem like sort of incomplete ideas.

Step 3 - I learned how to apply noise to gradients to create a unique effect.

Step 4 - I'd like to learn more effects in Photoshop and After Effects

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adamh on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?
i really like what i did this week ,i think that the picture has all its needs.  

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)
this week i worked on the lighting affect with the burn tool for shadows i  like the deep dark feeling it gives when you look at his glowing eyes with light shine through eye lids.

Looking forward:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
i really like the lens flare affect so i will try do more with this effect.

adamh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaliahA on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:37 pm

PART 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDR1NR_NCxc

PART 2:
This week I got the chance to edit my past project a little more because adding more detail was my mission. I also started on a new project with the same idea but I will be working on my painting skills and skin tones, with the help from the YouTube video I have been watching.

PART 3:
I have been working on mixing colors and deciding the more realistic colors I have to use.

PART 4:
This week I learned how to use the fill adjustment with the brush tool in order to mix colors in Photoshop to get an equal color between two.
KaliahA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:42 am

1)

(Excuse the hastily made, complementary colored, background.)
300/292

I first experimented with pore brushes on the skin wheel. I was able to find what pore colors look nice with each skin tone.
600/492

2)
This week I learned more about how to make skin painted in Photoshop look more realistic. Using my own custom made brushes  was able to create a skin texture effect on four of the experimental skin colors. I found the first three experimental colors too light to add shading to in the same fashion as the other spheres.
To add texture I used light shades of whites, yellows, and tans. Three colors that can be seen within the human face by the plain eye. To get more experience with lighter skin tones, I decided to draw a pale-skinned ginger. However, she looks more tan with all the shading now.

3)
I created custom brushes, worked with shading, discovered more uses of "Flow" on the brush and eraser tools, and that I should put more time into the basic outline, because as I know she is supposed to be raising her head to the wind, another person may not get that; then the face would look quite weird. Hopefully the shading I put underneath the chin will convey that meaning.
I also looked up more tutorials on human hair, and am pleased with the result.

4)
This week I will work on my own pieces of art, centering on the concept of focus. Bird's eye views, camera/ sniper shots, and possibly things that could be seen in a magazine.
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:44 am

Everything is graded.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content