Assignment 18: Business Card Discussions due 12/2

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Assignment 18: Business Card Discussions due 12/2

Post  Dymond on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:09 pm

1. http://cardobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/austin_walsh.jpg

2. How many colors are used on the card?
Five colors were used

3. How would you describe the color palette? Is it monochromatic? Does it use analogous or complementary colors? What do the colors make you think about the business?
The color palette doesn't quite match any of the categories. The colors look clean-cut but the pop of color make it look fun and creative.

4. Is there a noticeable difference in size between the largest text on the card and the smallest?
Yes.

5. Which information did the designer make large and which did they make small? What information on the card looks most important?
The company's name is larger, because they want you to remember it.

6. Is the largest text a decorative font or a plain font? (If you aren't sure, try googling images of plain and decorative fonts)
Plain font.

7. Is the smallest text a decorative font or a plain font?
Plain font.

8. Which type of font is easier to read? Which type of font is most effective for marketing? Is there a reason there might be a difference between the decorative nature of the largest and smallest text on the card?
The larger and smaller text is written in the same font. A decorated font would catch the eye, but some fonts could be too hard to read.

9. Are all the lines of text centered, or are left edges or right edges lined up?
The name of the company is closer to being centered and the smaller text is lined up to the top right corner.

10. When you read books, is the text normally centered, right, or left aligned? Why do you think that is?
The text is usually aligned to the left side, because we read left to right.

11. Is it written in all caps, lower case, or title case?
All caps.

12. Are books normally written in all caps? Explain your answer - why do you think they use the upper/lower case letters basically the same way in most books?
No,

13. Is the design work on the card mostly simple graphics and shapes or mostly a large photograph?
Simple shapes.

14.Think about the images on the card. What else might the company use them for, besides a business card? What sizes might they be used for? Which looks better both large and small - vector graphics (images drawn with the pen tool and shape layers) or photographs?
The card is made of simple vector graphics.

15. The unused area where there are no words or pictures is often called negative space or white space (even if it isn't white). Is there more area on your card that is white space - or that is filled with pictures and words?
Most the card area is being used. Small stripes are used to take up some of the blank space.

16. Do you see full sentences describing what the company does?
No.

17. If you see an email address or a phone number, is it labeled ("email address: xxx@gmail.com) or do they just put the address without telling you it's an email address? Why do you think it is or isn't labeled?
The address isn't labeled because it's common knowledge.

18. Is there a border or outline around the edge of the card like a frame? Or does a solid color "bleed" all the way to the edges? Can you think of any reasons related to the printing process that might make a border cause problems?
Color bleeds to the edges of the card. If printed wrong the border could be crooked and the image could be off center.
Dymond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MaKayla W on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:20 pm

1. Paste a link to the card you selected.
~ https://www.flickr.com/photos/ragsnehali/3046227913

~ 3

3. How would you describe the color palette? Is it monochromatic? Does it use analogous or complementary colors? What do the colors make you think about the business?
~ It has analogous colors. The colors make the business look nice.

4. Is there a noticeable difference in size between the largest text on the card and the smallest?
~ yes

5. Which information did the designer make large and which did they make small? What information on the card looks most important?
~The title was larger than the description and the contact information was bold.

6. Is the largest text a decorative font or a plain font? (If you aren't sure, try googling images of plain and decorative fonts)
~plain font

~plain font

8. Which type of font is easier to read? Which type of font is most effective for marketing? Is there a reason there might be a difference between the decorative nature of the largest and smallest text on the card?
~ Plain font is easier to read in most cases because you donít have the fancy distraction. Fancy font is most effective because it gets peoples attention. The larger font will be the name of your advertisement, the small font gives a description, and the bold is what they want you to remember.

9. Are all the lines of text centered, or are left edges or right edges lined up?
~ They arenít lined up all together but the individual font lines up.

10. When you read books, is the text normally centered, right, or left aligned? Why do you think that is?
~ The text is right because thatís how we read; it makes it easier for us too read.

~ It is written in lower case and caps.

12. Are books normally written in all caps? Explain your answer - why do you think they use the upper/lower case letters basically the same way in most books?
~ No because punctuation usually isnít all caps or all lower case.

13. Is the design work on the card mostly simple graphics and shapes or mostly a large photograph?
~ Shapes

14. Think about the images on the card. What else might the company use them for, besides a business card? What sizes might they be used for? Which looks better both large and small - vector graphics (images drawn with the pen tool and shape layers) or photographs?
~ The image is usually used for eye catching. Most business cards are small to fit your wallet. Both large and small fontís look good, eye catching images, and the title.

15 The unused area where there are no words or pictures is often called negative space or white space (even if it isn't white). Is there more area on your card that is white space - or that is filled with pictures and words?
~ There is white space.

~ No

17. If you see an email address or a phone number, is it labeled ("email address: xxx@gmail.com) or do they just put the address without telling you it's an email address? Why do you think it is or isn't labeled?
~ It just gives the email without saying ďemail.Ē It might not be labeled because most people know that if you put @xxxxxx.com itís usually an email or a way to reach them using technology.

18. [b]Is there a border or outline around the edge of the card like a frame? Or does a solid color "bleed" all the way to the edges? Can you think of any reasons related to the printing process that might make a border cause problems?
~ No. thereís two main colors as the background (pink and light pink). The colors are alike so if the ink is low it might look a little weird because the colors arenít correct.

MaKayla W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AshijaUnholey on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:51 pm

http://designyoutrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/160.jpg

Five colors are in use.

The colors seem to be complementary colors in my eyes. The colors seem to make the business very calming and mysterious.

Yep.

The card has every part of it at a size that isn't small. Everything but the name part.

The font of text is very plain looking, well, to me anyways.

Nope, still very plain to me.

All of the fonts, because it's the same font. The font that is used throughout the whole card.

Most of the card is right edges, though on part of the card is left edged.

Usually, It's centered. I think that's just the author wanted it.

Mainly, all caps.

Nope, they are normal not. Author wanted to fanny I guess.

Really, it's as simple as it can humanly go, but in a good way.

14. Think about the images on the card. What else might the company use them for, besides a business card? What sizes might they be used for? Which looks better both large and small - vector graphics (images drawn with the pen tool and shape layers) or photographs?
They could use posters or a website. Like a poster or something. Any kind that looks good I guess.

15. The unused area where there are no words or pictures is often called negative space or white space (even if it isn't white). Is there more area on your card that is white space - or that is filled with pictures and words?
I see more white space than anything else on the card.

Nope, none at all.

I see the label on the card. I think itís labeled on the card because that wanted to be informative.

18. Is there a border or outline around the edge of the card like a frame? Or does a solid color "bleed" all the way to the edges? Can you think of any reasons related to the printing process that might make a border cause problems?

The border is just a solid color bleed of black, just like the rest of the card.
Pretty much canít think of a reason other than the color becoming white if the printer doesnít print in color.
AshijaUnholey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BCDI Questions/Answers

Post  Cartonise on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:01 pm

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A3EBF9048A81811A!485&authkey=!ANtMf6YDEwge4-g&ithint=file%2cdocx

Cartonise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shania A on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:04 pm

BUSINESS CARD DISCUSSIONS

1.) http://freedesignfile.com/95770-creative-suit-with-business-cards-vector-set-01/
2.) 3 colors are used on the card.

3.) The palette is well put together. The colors are not monochromatic. The card uses complementary colors. The card tells me that they (the business) wants me to come and check out what they have for me to buy. 4.) There is a noticeable difference in the text on the business card.
5.) The designer made the place/spot where you put your name big so that everyone knows it you that does whatever it is on the business card.
6.) The card has a plain font.
7.) The smallest text is in plain font.
8.) I think plain font is easier to read, but decorative font is much better for marketing. Sometimes most people donít know what the card says when they are reading the card; but when the text is decorative and big so that people can see it, it will catch some or even most peopleís attention to see what great of whatever it is that youíre advertising.

9.) The text is centered on the card.
10.) When I read books, the texts are aligned in the middle of the page. I think this is because the reader needs to be able to read the words and there shouldnít be words scattered everywhere.
11.) Some are written in all caps and some of the other words are written in all lowercase.
12.) Books are usually not written in all caps because the reader should feel how the narrator is telling the story. But if the narrator is mad and all of the words were all in caps then you would know exactly how they felt and the pain they were feeling. They use upper/lower case letters the same way in most books because they need for people to see that theyíre just as any other book; it may be just worded differently, may cause you to cry your eyes out because your favorite character dies unexpectedly. 13.) It is mostly a large photograph of what they are advertising. 14.) The company might use the image for a dance or an elegant party. Large always looks better. 15.) There is blank space but itís not white, itís black with gray lines going on an.
16.) No but on the flip side there is a giant pic of a suit on it which has to mean that they are advertising suits.
17.) The email address example is blank with (your name) in the middle of it; I think it isnít labeled as their own email address because they donít want random people giving away their email address or anything like that. 18.) There is a solid color that bleeds all the way to the edges and that color is black. A certain color may not be noticeable to the person who wants the color to be there and it will probably frustrate them to do it again because the same thing might just happen.

Shania A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shania A on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:13 pm

BUSINESS CARD DISCUSSIONS † † † † † † † † † †

1.) http://freedesignfile.com/95770-creative-suit-with-business-cards-vector-set-01/
2.) 3 colors are used on the card.

3.) The palette is well put together. The colors are not monochromatic. The card uses complementary colors. The card tells me that they (the business) wants me to come and check out what they have for me to buy. 4.) There is a noticeable difference in the text on the business card.
5.) The designer made the place/spot where you put your name big so that everyone knows it you that does whatever it is on the business card.
6.) The card has a plain font.
7.) The smallest text is in plain font.
8.) I think plain font is easier to read, but decorative font is much better for marketing. Sometimes most people donít know what the card says when they are reading the card; but when the text is decorative and big so that people can see it, it will catch some or even most peopleís attention to see what great of whatever it is that youíre advertising.

9.) The text is centered on the card.
10.) When I read books, the texts are aligned in the middle of the page. I think this is because the reader needs to be able to read the words and there shouldnít be words scattered everywhere.
11.) Some are written in all caps and some of the other words are written in all lowercase.
12.) Books are usually not written in all caps because the reader should feel how the narrator is telling the story. But if the narrator is mad and all of the words were all in caps then you would know exactly how they felt and the pain they were feeling. They use upper/lower case letters the same way in most books because they need for people to see that theyíre just as any other book; it may be just worded differently, may cause you to cry your eyes out because your favorite character dies unexpectedly. 13.) It is mostly a large photograph of what they are advertising. 14.) The company might use the image for a dance or an elegant party. Large always looks better. 15.) There is blank space but itís not white, itís black with gray lines going on an.
16.) No but on the flip side there is a giant pic of a suit on it which has to mean that they are advertising suits.
17.) The email address example is blank with (your name) in the middle of it; I think it isnít labeled as their own email address because they donít want random people giving away their email address or anything like that. 18.) There is a solid color that bleeds all the way to the edges and that color is black. A certain color may not be noticeable to the person who wants the color to be there and it will probably frustrate them to do it again because the same thing might just happen.

Shania A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  michaelagay on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:10 pm

1.http://gdj.gdj.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Black-White-Business-Cards-Design.jpg

White and Black

They is analogous colors

Yes

5 Which information did the designer make large and which did they make small? What information on the card looks most important?
They made company name in Big Text and the other information small text.

Big text is regular font,

Yes

Basic font is fine for marketing. There are certain fonts that can catch peopleís eyes but normal font can catch peopleís eyes too.

They are centered and left edge

10When you read books, is the text normally centered, right, or left aligned? Why do you think that is? When I read books are usually centered

There in lower and upper caps

12 Are books normally written in all caps? Explain your answer - why do you think they use the upper/lower case letters basically the same way in most books?
Books are not in upper caps because that wouldnít make since, unless someone was yelling.

13. is the design work on the card mostly simple graphics and shapes or mostly a large photograph?
Simple text and facts

Large and small good for the card and it looks like they took the pen tool for the image and looks nice.

15. The unused area where there are no words or pictures is often called negative space or white space (even if it isn't white). Is there more area on your card that is white space - or that is filled with pictures and words? There is more white space then pictures ad text

16. Do you see full sentences describing what the company does? Yes

Yes there is a email address, a address, and a phone number

There is no frame around the edges of the card

By Michaela Gay and Lindy Mckenney 12/5/14

michaelagay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauren S. on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:27 pm

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fdzineblog.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2008%2F05%2F19.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fdzineblog.com%2F2008%2F05%2F36-cool-business-cards-you-should%25E2%2580%2599ve-seen.html&h=301&w=462&tbnid=DJt4pFxlky26dM%3A&zoom=1&docid=4P9c4XfY3sgUDM&ei=tUp_VJL_J4KmNtaYgNAH&tbm=isch&ved=0CD8QMygMMAw&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=264&page=2&start=8&ndsp=16

Blacks and whites aside; there are only about 2 or 3 colors used on the card

The color palette is analogous, they make me think of something bright and modern.

Yes.

The personís name and statis is larger than the contact information. I think the name of the person you will be contacting is the most important.

The largest text is a decorative font, it is a bright color, is bolded, and has a larger font size than the small text.

Itís a decorative font. It is the same as the larger text, but with a dimmer, less bright color, a smaller font size, and is not bolded.

The largest, bright and bold text is easiest to read because it stands out and shows importance. I think the contact information is small because if the name and occupation of the person gets their attention, they can look and know how to contact them. If the contact information was the largest and brightest, people wouldnít know who or what theyíd be contacting.

The largest text is on one side of the card and the small text is on the other side of the card; they are aligned left.

Aligned left. Because we read left to right, aligning it left keeps the left side straight.

All caps.

Books are not written in all caps. Writing in all upper case shows importance or exclamation. In a business card this makes sense because you want to pique the customerís interest, but it does not make sense in books because not everything in a book is meant to be taken as an exclamation.

Simple graphics and shapes.

The images look like they could be enlarged and minimized and youíd still be able to tell what it is. Vector graphics look better than photographs when they are both large and small.

More white space.

No.

They just put the email address as it is. People can tell itís an email address because of the @ symbol and the website after the name.

There is no border around the edge of the card. A border could be a problem because it could be cut unevenly and it would look unprofessional.

Lauren S.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haley Newton:) on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:34 pm

The Inspriation ----------

http://coolestbusinesscard.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Creative-Yoga-One-Business-Card_1.jpg

3 Main colors
The atmosphere of where the yoga will be taking place. Just simple colors. Yet are complementary

No
On the back has the location, number, etc. The basics.
Plain
Plain
They both are pretty much the same.
Centered
right and easy to read
title case
books usually are never all in caps. They usually are in normal text. And just easier to read and comprehend
Its pretty cool is a yoga stance. Kind of 3-d coming at you.
For my particular one it is kind of an inside joke to describing yoga!
There is extra white space.
No, not really! Sayís get stretchy. Doesnít fully explain. †
No it is not label. Probably, because itís pretty straight forward. †

No thereís no border. No itís just meant to have a simplicity look to it because of the main subject which is yoga.
Haley Newton:)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adrianadurnell on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:04 pm

http://designmodo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/jess-tan.jpg

Analogous

Yes

The name of the company looks bigger, and the contact information is smaller

Plain

Plain

I think that plain text might be easier to read, but decorative text might be more effective for marketing. if different fonts are used on a business card, it shows more of what the company wants to stand out

The four boxes on top are lined up light to right, but at the bottom the company is centered.

Left aligned, to help make it easier to read, ad fit more words on a page then if it were to be all centered.

The four squares are title case, and the company is in all caps.

No, what's upper cased is what the creator whats to stand out. The lower case, is details but aren't the main focus.

Mostly simple graphics and shapes.

To have easier access to the company. Larger sizes might be used for things like bulletin boards, or sides of builds. Vector graphics works better to change the size then photographs. Photographs can show up blurry, while vector graphics can be easier to change in size.

15. The unused area where there are no words or pictures is often called negative space or white space (even if it isn't white). Is there more area on your card that is white space - or that is filled with pictures and words?There's more words ad pictures then negative space.

Nope

Yes, i think it's labeled to help making getting into contact easier.

18. Is there a border or outline around the edge of the card like a frame? Or does a solid color "bleed" all the way to the edges? Can you think of any reasons related to the printing process that might make a border cause problems? The color bleeds throughout the card. i'm not sure of any printing press border related problems that can occur.

adrianadurnell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

business card 18

Post  jacobw on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:50 am

Assignment 18: Business Card Discussions due 12/2
Admin on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:05 am
The teacher will pair you up with another person in the room. Arrange your seats so you are sitting next to your partner. If you are absent for the class activity, complete the project as homework individually. Note to sub - if there is an odd number of students, one group of three is fine.

Do a google search on inďbusiness card design spiration.Ē

Pick one of the examples that you find, and answer these questions about it. Use Microsoft word to document (and save!) your answers. You can copy and paste the questions from the forum to your document.

3 colors gold black and silver
3. How would you describe the color palette? Is it monochromatic? Does it use analogous or complementary colors? What do the colors make you think about the business? complementary

4. Is there a noticeable difference in size between the largest text on the card and the smallest?yes

5. Which information did the designer make large and which did they make small? What information on the card looks most important?the name is big and the email address is small

6. Is the largest text a decorative font or a plain font? (If you aren't sure, try googling images of plain and decorative fonts) plain

7. Is the smallest text a decorative font or a plain font? Itís plain

8. Which type of font is easier to read? Which type of font is most effective for marketing? Is there a reason there might be a difference between the decorative nature of the largest and smallest text on the card? The plain font which is larger

9. Are all the lines of text centered, or are left edges or right edges lined up? No they are mixed

10. When you read books, is the text normally centered, right, or left aligned? Why do you think that is? Left side because we read from left to right

11. Is it written in all caps, lower case, or title case? Title case

12. Are books normally written in all caps? Explain your answer - why do you think they use the upper/lower case letters basically the same way in most books? No, easier to read

13. Is the design work on the card mostly simple graphics and shapes or mostly a large photograph? Simple graphics

14. Think about the images on the card. What else might the company use them for, besides a business card? What sizes might they be used for? Which looks better both large and small - vector graphics (images drawn with the pen tool and shape layers) or photographs? Stationary, posters, flyers, and mailings

15. The unused area where there are no words or pictures is often called negative space or white space (even if it isn't white). Is there more area on your card that is white space - or that is filled with pictures and words? White space

16. Do you see full sentences describing what the company does? no

17. If you see an email address or a phone number, is it labeled ("email address: xxx@gmail.com) or do they just put the address without telling you it's an email address? Why do you think it is or isn't labeled? Not labeled because it is not necessary

18. Is there a border or outline around the edge of the card like a frame? Or does a solid color "bleed" all the way to the edges? Can you think of any reasons related to the printing process that might make a border cause problems? No boarder or out line

When you are done, save your word files. I recommend emailing a copy to your partner at the end of the hour, so if one of you is absent, the other has a copy also.

jacobw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bhayes on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:52 am

[img][/img]

How many colors are used on the card? 3
How would you describe the color palette? Is it monochromatic? Does it use analogous or complementary? monochromatic
Is there a noticeable difference in size between the largest text on the card and the smallest? yes
Which information did the designer make large and which did they make small? What information on the card looks most important? they made the name the biggest and the other information smaller. the smaller information is more important.
Is the largest text a decorative font or a plain font? (If you aren't sure, try googling images of plain and decorative fonts) well its more colorful I guess
Is the smallest text a decorative font or a plain font? its a plain font
Which type of font is easier to read? Which type of font is most effective for marketing? Is there a reason there might be a difference between the decorative nature of the largest and smallest text on the card?
its all pretty easy to read.Also Im not sure which one is more effective.
Are all the lines of text centered, or are left edges or right edges lined up?
Most of the card is right edges, though on part of the card is left edged.
its on both sides of the cards.
When you read books, is the text normally centered, right, or left aligned? Why do you think that is?
Its usually to the left I think because it would be confusing if every book was read a different way.
Is it written in all caps, lower case, or title case? its in all caps
Are books normally written in all caps? Explain your answer - why do you think they use the upper/lower case letters basically the same way in most books? all books are in both lower case and upper case I think because you wouldn't be able to specify what was a new sentence or if something was said with more feeling.
Is the design work on the card mostly simple graphics and shapes or mostly a large photograph? I'm not sure because its just two cartoon pictures of a man and a woman.
Think about the images on the card. What else might the company use them for, besides a business card? What sizes might they be used for? Which looks better both large and small - vector graphics (images drawn with the pen tool and shape layers) or photographs? I'm not sure.
The unused area where there are no words or pictures is often called negative space or white space (even if it isn't white). Is there more area on your card that is white space - or that is filled with pictures and words? There is more words on the page then white space.
Do you see full sentences describing what the company does? no
If you see an email address or a phone number, is it labeled ("email address: xxx@gmail.com) or do they just put the address without telling you it's an email address? Why do you think it is or isn't labeled? Its only a website but yeah I think they are trying to make it easy to contact.
Is there a border or outline around the edge of the card like a frame? Or does a solid color "bleed" all the way to the edges? Can you think of any reasons related to the printing process that might make a border cause problems? The color bleeds through out the card I cant think why though.

bhayes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AarrrrronS on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:00 pm

1. http://carddsgn.com/business-card-gallery/zach-fuhr/

2.3 colors are used White, Black, and Orange.

3. I feel that the Duotone colors are to show the simplicity and sleekness of the company.

4. Yes the Larger text is the most bolded and shortest line

5. The Largest text is used for the name of the company where as the small print is used for the website and phone/fax numbers.

6. The Larger text is Simplistic giving a very basic look

7. The Smallest text is the same basic font to go with the simplicity theme.

8. The plain font is easier to read but the decretive font appeared to be more affective

9. The card is center aligned

10. The text is normally right aligned so it can use up less space on the page

11. Everything but the link is written in all caps

12. No books donít use all caps so you can clearly see where the sentence starts and stops and to emphasize certain words

13. the card is mostly a simple graphic and text

14. The company might use this for billboards or marker on the building

15. The card is mostly negative space

16. No

17. It isnít labeled because I feel itís implied that itís a link

18. There is an Orange border on the outside that makes it kind of stick out with other white basic business cards

AarrrrronS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edward.j on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:02 pm

1.http://bashooka.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/typography-business-cards-13.jpg
2.How many colors are used on the card?Blue, black.and white
3.How would you describe the color palette? Is it monochromatic? Does it use analogous or complementary colors? What do the colors make you think about the business? I would say that the color palette on the business card is complementary
4.Is there a noticeable difference in size between the largest text on the card and the smallest?Yes
5.Which information did the designer make large and which did they make small? What information on the card looks most important?The designer made the name of the company and manager of the company in large font and made the number and email and website to the company in an small font.
6.Is the largest text a decorative font or a plain font? (If you aren't sure, try googling images of plain and decorative fonts)The large text is in plain font
7.Is the smallest text a decorative font or a plain font? the small text is in an plain font also
8.Which type of font is easier to read? Which type of font is most effective for marketing? Is there a reason there might be a difference between the decorative nature of the largest and smallest text on the card?PLain font is easier to read but decorative font is more effective for marketing be cause it can show the creativity of the company
9.Are all the lines of text centered, or are left edges or right edges lined up?The lines are kinda of centered
10.When you read books, is the text normally centered, right, or left aligned? Why do you think that is?left because we read left to right
11.Is it written in all caps, lower case, or title case? some thing are in all caps and some all lower case
12.Are books normally written in all caps? Explain your answer - why do you think they use the upper/lower case letters basically the same way in most books? no, i think they use upper/lower case letters because its easier to read
13. Is the design work on the card mostly simple graphics and shapes or mostly a large photograph? I think it just simple graphics
14.Think about the images on the card. What else might the company use them for, besides a business card? What sizes might they be used for? Which looks better both large and small - vector graphics (images drawn with the pen tool and shape layers) or photographs? The company could use them for a billboard that has the logo on it so it can advertise their company and vector graphics looks better both big and small
15.The unused area where there are no words or pictures is often called negative space or white space (even if it isn't white). Is there more area on your card that is white space - or that is filled with pictures and words?there's more white space
16.Do you see full sentences describing what the company does?No
17.if you see an email address or a phone number, is it labeled ("email address: xxx@gmail.com) or do they just put the address without telling you it's an email address? Why do you think it is or isn't labeled? they just put the email address and i think its not labeled because people should know what the email is
18.Is there a border or outline around the edge of the card like a frame? Or does a solid color "bleed" all the way to the edges? Can you think of any reasons related to the printing process that might make a border cause problems? There's a solid color that bleed all the way through and i don't know what makes having border cause problems

edward.j

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  brittanybest44 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:47 am

http://www.cardnerd.com/card-inspiration/smoulder

-Two, red & black.

-These colors are not monchromatic. it doesn't use analogous or complementary colors. The colors are pretty primarily used.

-Yes there is a noticeable difference in size between the largest and smallest text on the card.

-The large text has the title & what they do. The smaller text has the contact information and address. The title and occupation looks most important on the card.

-The largest text is in plain font.

-The smallest text is a plain font as well.

-I would say the normal plain font is easiest to read. The most effective font for marketing is Ariel. There is a difference in the decorative nature or the largest and smallest text on the card, and the difference is what is most important and needs to be read from the naked eye, to what you can look at after seeing what they put in large text.

-The left edges are lined up.

-Normally when i read books it is alined to the left so there is more space to write the words.

-The title is written in all caps. And the other writing is written in title case.

-It depends on the book, novels are mostly written in upper case, as i've noticed but usually it's in title case. if it is a thicker book with a lot of chapters it might be written in all caps to make more sense? i'm really not sure.

-It is photographs in smaller form, they are all different and lined up.

-They could use the images for a logo possibly. they could be used to give you a picture of what the business does. I think smaller pictures look better.

-Yes, there is an area that is white space.

-No, i do not see full sentences describing what the company does.

-Yes it is labeled, they might label it so people know that is their email address and not the whole company's email address.

-A solid color "bleeds" all the way to the edges. i think a border could cause problems because it might overlap the words or pictures.
brittanybest44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine J on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:32 am

1.) https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.downgraf.com%2Finspiration%2F25-creative-business-card-design-inspiration%2F&ei=eiSHVMDzE8uqNtSJgZAC&bvm=bv.81449611,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNEEG0FThZNFlfxdSG4d_eWcmPPJ1Q&ust=1418229134888832

2.) There are 7 colors in different shades.

3.) Analogous Colors.

4.) Yes.

5.) On the front of the card the business name and on the back the personís profession letters are made large.

6.) A decorative Font.

7.) A plain font.

8.) The business name has the most effective font.

9.) The left edges are lined up.

10.) The text in a book is usually left aligned. The reason the words may be lined on the left is probably to not confuse the readers and make the book look neat.

11.) The text is written in title case.

12.) No. Books are not written in all caps. They may have chosen to make their text not written in all caps to be professional and to keep othersí interest.

13.) The design has colorful shapes, mostly Triangles.

14.)The design could be used for a website.

15.)There is white space on the card.

16.) No.

17.) They donít tell you if itís an email address. They may have thought that the person would know that itís an email.

18.) A solid color bleeds all the way to the edges.
Jasmine J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply to questions

Post  alisonbudzyn16 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:11 pm

1. http://www.cardonizer.com/business_cards/maxime_archambault

2. White, red, yellow, black, blue, and grey.

3. I would describe it as a variety of different colors such as red and yellow. It is not monochromatic. It does use complementary colors. The colors that make me think that the business is fun yet serious.

4. Yes.

5. She made her name, name of the business, and websites large, and the small font for her job description and her email. The info on the card that looks most important is the name of her business, her name, her fax and phone number.

6. Itís a plain font.

7. Plain font.

8. Both are easy to read. Both are considering they are the same. The large font is more important information to have than the smaller font.

9. Centered

10. Itís usually centered. Because itís how we read books.

11. All in caps.

12. No. The reason the use it is because it catches the attention of more people, and its easy to read.

13. Mostly simple graphics and shapes.

14. They could use them on posters and flyers. Small, medium. Large and small pictures.

15. Yes.

16. No.

17. They put an email address but not as an email address. They probably think that people already know that itís an email address.

18. No. Itís a bunch of different colors that bleed. It would get rid of all the graphics.
alisonbudzyn16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon M on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:31 pm

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdesignspiration.net%2Fimage%2F23853415181388%2F&ei=P1W5VImaAci1ggTkqoT4BQ&bvm=bv.83829542,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNFl7x4hX_0LqHIRHnf3xEqeJ08yWQ&ust=1421517815073208
3. How would you describe the color palette? Is it monochromatic? Does it use analogous or complementary colors? What do the colors make you think about the business? monochromatic

yes
the name and logo
6. Is the largest text a decorative font or a plain font?
plain
plain
both are very easy to read
the right edges are lined up
centered because the text could print off of the page or into the crease
title case
no because it will imply that the author is yelling at the reader.

17. If you see an email address or a phone number, is it labeled or do they just put the address without telling you it's an email address? Why do you think it is or isn't labeled?

Brandon M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:37 pm

Grades are in for this.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content