Assignment 14: end of week review Due Dec 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 14: end of week review Due Dec 12

Post  Admin on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:59 am

LABEL YOUR RESPONSE WITH PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4
Studio Work

Part 1. Upload new work. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Looking forward:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 14: end of week review Due Dec 12

Post  lindsayf on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:11 am

1. http://cdn.morguefile.com/imageData/public/files/v/veggiegretz/04/l/1397835807a3a64.jpg
2. In this weeks work im trying to focus on getting all apple baskets all in the same color.
3. Putting more color into picture.
4. Next week i will work on the picture and getting the picture all the apples that are in the baskets all together with the equal amount of apples in each one.

lindsayf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zacharyo on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:29 am

i took this photo a while ago, ran it through the liquefy tool and the neon edge filter to make the line look like they are moving which i thought was a nice touch
if you zoom in you can still actually see the bubbles in the puddle around the dandelion

the green dandelion looks kind of gross honestly i just couldn't get it back to yellow

zacharyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:49 am

1)

2)
This week I had originally planned to work on fractal imaging, however as soon as I got halfway through the tutorial, I was instructed to purchase this Photoshop expansion package. Leaving in disgust I searched for more ways to complete the action, however all the tutorials with the desired affect stated the same thing:"Buy this package."
Seeing this I turned to touching up some of my own images I took during the summer vacation and resent months for the winter showcase. I would still like to learn how to create a dissolving or breaking effect in Photoshop, just in a way that costs nothing.

3)
http://artsacademy.forumotion.net/t1447-submissions-for-noel-night-and-the-holiday-concert
Not only the work above, but I also uploaded the raw files and more to the Noel Night/Holiday Concert thread. Hopefully something is to your liking.
I learned more on adding new lighting affects on multiple layers to change an image from night to a believable day. (Try to spot it!) And worked with shimmer effects. I'll show the glitter dandelion, but I'm keeping the shimmer to myself as I don't really like to post pictures of myself online.
I also learned of the forum's color choices. Sweet.

4)
I want to learn more about enhancing a picture to make it more "Retro," not just simply adjusting the colors to black/grey/white. I want to copy the Chrome of the 60's, the Fade of the 50-early 60's, the Lomo of the 90's.
Retro shiek is in style, and so one would be likely to see these types of coloring in the music/fashion industry advertisements.

http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/video-tutorials/yt/69aVpRcFOfE/[/color]

I'm going to have fun with this new option of color in the forum! Twisted Evil
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adamh on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:39 pm

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further? this week i really like how both my picture came out.

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)This week for my first one  worked on my skills with hue and saturation and  with neon glow for the eye and the hair using the lasso tool. the second picture i used text to make the block affect then colored it using hue and saturation

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
next week i will try to make amazing art

Last edited by adamh on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

adamh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DakotaHaba on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:40 pm

2. I have more work at home but have been having technology problems so i'll turn that stuff in for the next end of the week review but this week i had worked on these two images and was having an off week with the creative inspiration but managed to create this stuff i like the way the house one looks which i accidentally created when making a blue print effect and the city picture was also an accident when trying to make a night time effect
3. i worked on stuff much different stuff then this and these two were an creation of pressing the wrong button i was working on designing 3D skins for objects and creatures
4. next week i wanna work on making things look more HD and Smoother

DakotaHaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaliahA on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Part 1
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/design-logo.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/create-print-business-cards.html?set=illustrator--get-started--more-step-by-step

Part 2
This week I was able to learn brand new techniques in 2 different adobe programs. It was a challenge to figure out somethings because the versions of adobe may not be the same that the tutorials go through.

Part 3
I learned how to use Illustrator some more and I learned how to use a brand new program called Adobe InDesign and I learned how to make a business card different from making it in Photoshop.

Part 4
Next week I want to continue learning how to do different things in those two programs.
KaliahA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Kq41v7MfM&list=UUbGf6NFIP21ju6AG_d5aUTg&index=1
This is a title I created for a video I'm editing for AJ and Kristina. I used techniques from multiple tutorials to create an interesting shaky, lo-fi aesthetic to the text.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgIufXFnN6M&list=UUbGf6NFIP21ju6AG_d5aUTg
This is a lameish animation I created from the glitch art image I made last week.

Part 2 - I think as far as the titles go, I did a good job of using skills I learned from videos along with some experimentation to create a unique title sequence. As far as the "vhs man" animation, I wish I had created something a bit more complex and/or interesting.

Part 3. I learned how to use displacement, posterize and masking animations in After Effects.

Part 4. I'd like to work on some photography skills next week.

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EricF on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:33 am

4th hour:

2. The piece looks ok but could be consistently a little better
3. I worked on some glitch art but done in Photoshop (because I can't do it the proper way without corrupting the file)
4. I plan to work on more different styles of art in photoshop and use different tools and incorporate them.

6th hour.

2. I think the piece looks different and cool and is good with using the color replacement tool differently.
3. I worked with the color replacement tool again but used it with different settings to get different results (Like the background)
4. I plan on working with the color replacement tool differently and using it to get different results.

EricF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:11 pm

Grades are in for this.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content