Assignment 19: Weekly update, week ending Feb 27

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 19: Weekly update, week ending Feb 27

Post  Admin on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:04 am

LABEL YOUR RESPONSE WITH PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4
Studio Work

Part 1. Upload new work. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Looking forward:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 19: Weekly update, week ending Feb 27

Post  HealyG on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:39 am

1)

2)
This week I worked mainly on fixing up edges, paths, and colors within my work. When finished, I sent the two document files to my client. I am awaiting his response, and positive/negative feedback/critique. I wish he had told me what motto, or mission statement he wanted for the banner.

3)
This week I applied Typography to the logo, when no more work could be done without client feedback, I worked more on coloration/curves in photos that I took during the summertime. Hopefully, at least one of these can be used in upcoming art shows.
(Learned about transparency gained with .png, lost with .jpeg)

4)
Next week I will finish the final piece of typography, and then email off the finished version.
I will also be taking the ACT...
If I finish early, or my client cannot message me back (he's in the hospital right now for Air embolism), I will work with more images, perfecting them for art shows, and portfolios.
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaileyM on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:39 am

2.Self-critique: I think the font and colors are going together nicely, but overall it's a little dark. I'd like it lighten some of it a little.  The idea is a little plain as well, but oh well. I had like, less than a week to do this.

3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week: TEXT TOOL. TEXT TOOL IS RIDICULOUS AND FRUSTRATING AND I DID IT.

4. Next week I want to find something new to do. My work this year has been a bit repetitive. I'm thinking I'll take some pictures soon.
KaileyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Part 2. This week, I made a pretty sweet design for the Evening of the Arts. I wish the image was sharper, and I wish the stars looked better.

Part 3. This week, I learned how to make a decent-looking moon from scratch on Photoshop.

Part 4. Next, I hope to start working on more complex motion tracking in After Effects.

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cameryno on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:08 pm

This week, I started working on another album cover for Clinton. It's called "Paws and Nip" and I'm creating it to look like the style of a cat claw ripping the words through the box, and this is what I have so far: (I'll probably finish it this weekend.)

Then today, I started an Evening of the Arts pamphlet, doing the same style (the only difference right now is I don't have the shading and stuff as complete as the album; Plus, I'm trying to make the pamphlet a little more eligible.) This is as far as I've gotten so far:

cameryno

Location : the elephant emoji is my trademark so stop versaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaci

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cameryno on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:11 pm

1.)

This week, I started working on another album cover for Clinton. It's called "Paws and Nip" and I'm creating it to look like the style of a cat claw ripping the words through the box, and this is what I have so far: (I'll probably finish it this weekend.)

Then today, I started an Evening of the Arts pamphlet, doing the same style (the only difference right now is I don't have the shading and stuff as complete as the album; Plus, I'm trying to make the pamphlet a little more eligible.) This is as far as I've gotten so far:

2.) I really like the way that these are coming out, especially the first one (since I'm more ahead in that project than the second.)

3.) I learned how to make the font look some-what realistic.

4.) I'm going to work with the lighting inside the darker parts of the boxes, and I'm going to attempt to merge two pictures together.
cameryno

Location : the elephant emoji is my trademark so stop versaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaci

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WilliamVA on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:46 am

Step 1:

Step 2: I learned how to make a portrait-like glow. I will make it more subtle next time so it's no over done.

Step 3: I learned about blending options, more about opacity, and how to install fonts.

Step 4: Next week I will make a collage for my cell phone background. (Resolution is 1920 x 1080). So working on making large files look good and not grainy.
WilliamVA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:50 am

This is my Evening of the Arts cover design in which I corrected my font size

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin B on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:11 am

We had a discussion.