Assignment 24: Weekly update, week ending Apr 17

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 24: Weekly update, week ending Apr 17

Post  Admin on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:48 am

LABEL YOUR RESPONSE WITH PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4
Studio Work

Part 1. Upload new work. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Looking forward:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 24: Weekly update, week ending Apr 17

Post  HealyG on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:05 am

1.)

2.)
This week's work went well, I spent all my time on projects, and nearly completed my two page spread. My one vexation is that I will be unable to get NHS events (other than the bake sale) in the school yearbook, like our upcoming trip to the Hopecenter, the Relay for Life, or the school's open house, as all these large events take place after May first.

3.)
This week I took numerous photos for my own, and the school's yearbook pages. I edited them in Photoshop, nearly completed my personal two page spread, got a photo shoot done, and uploaded school photos to treeing. I could post more here, but I'll spare you the data space.

4.)
I will finish the two page spread, and try to help out the yearbook class by obtaining more pictures. I'll also update my resume with bake sale community service hours.

(Excuse me for my WoW characters, I like to chart their yearly appearance progression...)
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaliahA on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:54 am

Part 1. I have been working on the baby pages and mock election pages in the yearbook. I focused more on organizing the photos this week.

Part 2. This week I was able to get everything done and start to help out with extra pages in the book and organize those.

Part 3. I have worked on perfectly setting up pictures and making sure that there are not to many or to little pictures on one page.

Part 4. I will find more pages that need help and take the initiative to get pages done.
KaliahA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:27 am

A simple animation I created in After Effects

A picture I took in Paris (more European trip photos coming soon)

Part 2 - I think the brain came out pretty cool, I'm satisfied that I was able to play around with effects and make something interesting. I'd like to add more stuff to it in the future.

Part 3. I learned how to apply wiggle functions to the alignment of an image.

Part 4. Next week I'd like to learn more about improving photos in Photoshop.

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cameryno on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:32 am

I was absent all week, but yesterday I started making a picture using the pen tool.
cameryno

Location : the elephant emoji is my trademark so stop versaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaciversaci

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin B on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:32 am

1: I helped Kaliah align photos on the mock election and baby photo pages.
2: Aligning the photos wasn't hard at all. I also finished my instrumental pages.
3:I learned an easier way to align pictures.
4: I will add different photos to the assembly pages.
Justin B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam.C on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:56 pm

I've been experimenting with creating line art in Flash and then coloring in Photoshop and I gotta say in my opinion, making line art on flash looks MUCH nicer than line art in Photoshop. Flash lines are really easy to edit so I was able to create this very smooth line work that looks really nice! I think my coloring skills could improve... I'm good with flat pallets and basic shading and blending but I would definitely like to get stronger in shading and blending! I was going for more stylized in these doodles so maybe I could try something a bit more realistic... But all in all it looks really good to me!
Sam.C

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EricF on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:27 am

2. I like the piece and how it turned out with the brushes and the smoothness/texture of it.
3. This week I worked with the mixer brush to make different textures and backgrounds.
4. I plan on using the mixer brush more and learning the other functions it has and applying them into different projects.

EricF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaileyM on Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: This week i've just been working on getting yearbook photos

Part 3. I haven't been :[

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week: Well, next week I want to work on a resume and gathering images for a portfolio flower
KaileyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WilliamVA on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:49 am

Step 1:

Step 2:
I like how I can start to tell when to use the clone stamp and when to use the healing brush because before I didn't know the exact times which would work. But after this I do understand.

Step 3:
I learned more about clone stamp and healing brush differences. I liked doing this because it will help me if I ever need to block out a logo for copyright purposes.

Step 4:
Next week I'll learn how to use different blending options and opacity levels to create a cracked skin look using a portrait of someone and a picture of pavement.
WilliamVA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri May 08, 2015 2:32 pm

I have grades in for this.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content