Assignment 25: Weekly Update 5/1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 25: Weekly Update 5/1

Post  Admin on Fri May 01, 2015 9:15 am

LABEL YOUR RESPONSE WITH PARTS 1, 2, 3 & 4
Studio Work

Part 1. Upload new work. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Looking forward:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 25: Weekly Update 5/1

Post  WilliamVA on Fri May 01, 2015 9:50 am

Part 1:

Part 2:
The different levels are working well, I went into the different color channels and edited them to get different light effects.

Part 3:
I worked with different color channels and the gradient overlay.

Part 4:
I will work on an original collage of pictures from Detroit.
WilliamVA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Fri May 01, 2015 10:30 am

1)

& my yearbook two page spread was finished and ordered.

2)
I would have liked to make my school photo look a it better using glare correction, but we're on a deadline. I'm just happy to have slipped in.

3)
This week I worked on my yearbook, correcting the color of my yearbook photo to match that of those taken here on school-picture-day, the National Honor Society poster for the Relay for Life, and creating a template for my next print I will make.
I'm making a set of two prints, which doubles for 2D advanced, so that we'll have gifts for the Cancer Survivors, and for the families of those who have passed away. For my second print (posted above), I'm still working on the boarders, I can't leave that much blank space, it looks bad.
Prints that say "Survivor" will be given out for free to those who have had cancer, or those fighting, the print above will be one of the items students of NHS are to supply, to be sold as memorabilia at the event. The Relay for Life has a luminary walk, and to place the name of a lost loved one on a hand made print may help honor some people.

4)
Next week I'll bring in a drawing, scan it in, and work with shading and coloring (starting from black and white) in Photoshop. Still a skill I want to learn more about mastering, as it is quite difficult with a mouse. If I finish that, I'll bring in some photos to do adjustments on so I can slip them into a portfolio.

Have a good weekend!
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EricF on Mon May 04, 2015 9:13 am

2. I like the piece itself but the levels are messy and some of the back end of the text is hard to read.
3. I worked on making this poster for a show I have up coming in May and worked on learning the vibrance adjustment.
4. I plan on working on more band posters from upcoming shows and using things I learned from school and applying them to the posters (Gradients etc)

(This file does not wanna upload not blurry so I don't know what to do) Edit: I guess the forum hates PNG so it looks ok now.

EricF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri May 08, 2015 2:30 pm

Thanks. I entered grades for those of you who were on the jazz band trip or if I knew you were jamming on yearbook business.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top