Final Exam: due on day of finals

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Final Exam: due on day of finals

Post  Admin on Thu May 21, 2015 9:22 am

Post up three of your strongest pieces from the semester/year, that show a broad range of photography or photoshop skills.

For each work, discuss the quality and effectiveness of your artwork. This should be a paragraph long for each piece, and should be written in the style of an academic paper. Include:

1. What is the image intended to convey? (Artist's statement about the purpose of the piece)
2. Is the entire composition created with a sense of purpose? (Is the background contributing to the image, detracting from it, or neutral?)
3. Are the images in it all your own creative work?
4. Does it rely on cliches or are the concepts original?
5. How do colors, compositional decisions, props and techniques used convey meaning?
6. What creative techniques did you use?

Grading: 80% portfolio quality and range of skills
20% Self-critique

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Exam: due on day of finals

Post  CaitlinM on Tue May 26, 2015 12:08 pm

This piece was for the title page in the yearbook this year, it was meant to unite all the majors in the school under the category of art. The composition was meant to match the cover of the yearbook, so it has a brown hue with white lettering. The background contributes a lot to the piece considering it's just words and a background. I obviously didn't make up the words, but I did make the entire image solely in photoshop. The concept has been done before so it is a bit cliche, but I added many of my own ideas to it. The words together show unity between all the majors in the school. I used different fonts and a gradient as well as a color adjustment layer to create this.  

This piece is conveying a lonely girl in the woods. The background of the piece is definitely contributing to the image, the whole purpose was to combine the two images. The images were taken from Morguefile, I only combined the two images. The concept is a little cliche, a lonely girl alone in a picture is a commonly used thing. The colors in the image are kind of on the darker droomier side, contributing to the lonely factor. I combined the two images and edited the curves and the contrast/hue of each picture so they blend together more to look like they belong together.

This piece was for Donovans senior picture, he wanted it to be a dramatic gray scale picture. The background for this definitely contributes to the picture as a whole, it makes it seem more dramatic. This image is a picture I took as well as edited so I do own it. The concept is pretty cliche it reminds me of those cheesy romance books. The colors are gray scale so it all makes it seem more dramatic. I used the gray scale filter in this picture and used a aperture priority mode that complimented a portrait as well as something that wouldn't make his hair a blurry mess from moving in the wind.
CaitlinM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaileyM on Fri May 29, 2015 11:49 am

1. This is a commission from Dawon. He wanted me to take his picture, and place it on a white background.

2. I took Dawon out of his original surroundings and placed him on a white background to avoid people seeing the wrinkles in the white fabric previously behind him.

3.All of the images used are my own creative work.

4. The concept isn't necessarily original since it's just a portrait of Dawon.

5. I wanted all of my colors to compliment each other nicely. I brightened the whites of his eyes, the the jewelry.

6. For this image I erased the original background using the polygonal lasso tool. I used dodge and burn to lighten and darken certain areas of his body, I created a shadow by duplicating the image and making solid grey, changing it's placement, and blurring it Gaussian blur. I also tanned his skin a bit because he requested it, not because his real skin color isn't good enough.

1. I wanted it to look spacey. I think space is beautiful.

2. Well, yeah. There was no photography used in this, so everything is in it's intended place.

3. I didn't use any images.

4. The concept is probably not original. I was influenced by other people's work, and images of space y'know?

5. Well, I mean I wanted everything to look extraterrestrial. I wanted people to know it was intended to look like something you'd see in space. I used soft brushes, tiny star shapes, pen tool lines, and other tools to help me achieve this look.

6. For this I used soft brushes for the spacey clouds, I used pen tool and glow to get the white lines, I rendered clouds for texture, I used a space hard brush to create little star-like things.

1. This was intended to show you just how magnificent and endearing Hozier is.

2. Everything in this is in it's intended place.

3. I had to look at pictures of Hozier to do this. So I guess not.

4. I mean, the concept isn't original because it's just a portrait.

5. It was hard for me to pick colors that looked nice together, but I'm pleased with them. I'm not exactly sure how to answer this though.

6. For the most part I used pen tool and stroke, but I spent a lot of time getting in the little details. (them lips)
KaileyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  avab on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:46 am

I chose this image because it shows my views about how women are very powerful and should be celebrated. I pushed myself to make a professional logo that is polished but still fun and intriguing. The composition is balanced, all the colors flow together well and the background neutralizes the whole image since it is plain. All the work you see is my own creation. All concepts are original and my own. I used a more abstract placement for these piece for a fun look, i also used bright colors to contribute to its carefree nature. I tried to make it look more youthful with those same components as well. I also chose pink and blue to convey that it's okay to like “stereotypical girly things” but also like other things, feminism is about accepting all women and their diversity. I used the pen tool for these piece, i didn’t have much experience with it so I decided to get more practice with it and to go out of my comfort zone

This image conveys the benefits of yoga. Everything is made using words so the background and the focal piece works well with each other and flows well. I used a silhouette for reference but the rest of it is my work. I chose the words strength, peace, and mind for the background to represent what yoga helps. I put energy inside the silhouette of the girl because energy needs to be surging throughout your body when doing yoga, I put it in green because your body becomes one with the earth and your surroundings. I used the word breathe where her lungs are because breath is what yoga is centered around, I put it in blue to show that breathe is cooling. I used typography techniques.

I tried to convey creativity and interesting uses of color. I think the background contributes to the text in front or else it would be bland. I took the background photo, edited it and added the type so yes the work is my own. The concept is not totally original but it's a unique take. The dark, rich colors contribute to the theme of an evening of arts. I used my photography skills to capture an interesting shot and edited it to make the colors stand out more.

avab

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katieb on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:48 am

This represents the struggle between good and the bad in myself. Like when you look in the mirror and all you see is a battle in your mind. The background is contributing to the image. Its plain and barren which was the look I was going for. This picture is my own work. It is cliche but the way it’s presented is my own concept. The props play a huge part in the image. Flowers represents inner peace and good judgement. It also represents beauty I see in myself. The bars on my wrists represent the stress, guilt and anxiety I face everyday. The yin yang on my face shows the inner conflict in my mind of the physical things represented. The black and white filter on it shows how people tend to look at themselves. But it isn't always just black and white. That's where the grey background comes to play. Creative techniques I used are my props mainly. The flowers representing good and the chains representing bad instead of just saying or showing blankly here's good thing here's bad thing. Also the using black and white concept instead of leaving it in color.

Represents fine lines we live in. The one across my eyes are to represent how I'm are blind to things that are not visibly there and it could also show my judgement. Some lines are thicker than others. This represents the way my mind is more open to certain things. The thick line is my art (Open minded, try to think outside the box) and the thin line below my eye is more for my lack of knowledge for dealing with anxiety just to give examples. The background doesn’t really contribute to the piece and it isn’t distracting from it either. These are my own pictures. This is my own concept of thinking. The colors are bold but not distracting. It was actually an accident with layers that lead to this. I just took this picture of sky I took and overlapped it to create shrieks across the image and different filters.

The artist statement of this piece it to make goals and follow your heart. Someone will always be there to guide you. The font is supposed to be calming and easy on the eyes. The moon and star represent the quote "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." The colors are also supposed to be calming and not bright but a gentle reminder. The background is contributing to the image. They're stars that contributing to the message overall. This is my own work. A bit cliche. The technique I used is pen tool and choice of soft colors so it's not overpowering.

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  samanthas on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:08 am

This represents the struggle of trying to be what society views as beautiful. I used pictures of a dying flower to represent the struggle. I took all of the pictures used in this. I made it black and white to show how dark and sad it is that people feel the need to try to be what society thinks is beautiful in order to be excepted. The background in this is supposed to be similar to the flower’s color to represent trying to fit in.

In this project I used a layer mask. I used the dull and sad looking background to symbolize negativity. I put a flower on that background to represent the positivity or good things in some bad situations. The flower is my picture but I used a picture from morguefile for the background. I also used a flower that was a brighter color than the background to convey this as well.

In this piece I wanted to convey the different sides of myself. I used three pictures of myself in different positions and making different faces to represent three different sides of myself. On the right I used a picture of me smiling to represent the fun and happy part of myself. In the middle I used a picture of myself making a little more of a serious face to represent how sometimes i'm serious but also happy. On the left I used a picture of me making a more serious face. I faded the other pictures and made the the most serious face the most prominent because I feel like its what people see me as more. All of the images used are my own.

samanthas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  armaniee on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:38 am

armaniee wrote:

this picture was for a project we were working on in the beginning of this year, basically this picture was a tribute to the whole Trayvon Martin situation. i just made the picture because i thought it had character and at the time it was just needed i guess. obviously for this project i didn't make everything i basically made it to my own. for the pic i used the faded tool for the background i also used hue/saturation and that's all i really remember

This picture was again for an older project, the concept for this picture is not original. basically this pic was just something fun and out of the ordinary and its different. for this pic i really don't remember too much about the tool i used but soft brush the sharpen tool and hue/saturation.

this again was an older photo, the concept for this picture was not original, this again was another pic i had fun with, i mean a biker jumping from hot to cold is pretty awesome lol. like i said before this was a older photo so i really don't remember a lot of the tools i used except for the sharpen tool hue/saturation a little color balance and that's all i remember

armaniee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tedij on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:46 am

This image was supposed to state "Evening of the Art", with a not too dark blue background with little stars.  I decided to use this concept of the guitar because it was more of what I like most about AAW, I love the acoustic guitars.  When I drew the guitar I traced over a photo of a guitar, but I added some shading for the wood and made it look more like an acoustic guitar.  I dis-formed the shape of the Arts Academy logo so it would look like you're looking at it on an angle, and it is also the hole in the guitar.

This animation is a little sloppy but I haven't done animations much.  Anyways, this is supposed to represent what typical people see and how autistic people feel for what they see and hear.  I left the background white at first because I didn't want to make the background too bright, too dark, or stronger than the animation. Then, the background goes an Autism Awareness Blue to add a little more color and for advertising a t-shirt design in my mom's t-shirt business.  The entire thing is my own work, even the t-shirt design, I made that well.  I decided to do an animation because I couldn't describe what autistic people see and what typical people see in a photo.  In the t-shirt design, the colors represent me and my three non-verbal siblings.  This project was kind of hard for me because I've been treated this way before and my siblings are being treated this way, it breaks my heart that people will say things like that about an autistic person.

This photo is actually part of a book my mom is writing.  Basically Elli is in the tub because she is sticky.  The background is a light color so that the main object of the photo is Elli in the tub.  For all of the pages of the book, there is another person that does the sketch of the photos, and I would trace over the lines with the pen tool and color everything in.  The tricky, but fun part was the shading of the bubbles, and the shading of the spots on the cats.
tedij

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ianm on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:19 am

This is a typography of tanner. The background makes the letters stick out. The picture and the typography were both my own work. This is an original concept. The shading of each letter adds to the composition as a whole

The image is intended to convey a “fear of the unknown”. The darker background brings out the white light. The image is my own creative work. It could be satirizing some cliches of fortune telling, but it is an original concept. There’re fortune telling props, the crystal ball and tarot cards with a light trail to convey different meanings to fear of the unknown, as in the future or the supernatural. I used a high exposure setting on my camera to make trails of light.

The photo conveys the big sound of the concert band. The fisheye “funnels” the center of attention to the concert band and Mr. Conaton. It’s all my own work, The concept is original. The fisheye shows much more area.

ianm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  avih on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:48 am

This picture is supposed to convey a wistful almost sad and calm feeling. This work was inspired by the song “Moondust” by Jaymes Young. The composition and colors used in the piece all tied into the song and the sad feel of the sound the song has.
This work is all my work.
Though pictures of the moon are an overdone thing, I used quotes from the song to make all the different parts of this art. For example I used the line “I’ll bury my love in the moondust” to make the moon and I used the word “sun” to make the stars because stars are just far away suns.  

This self portrait was trying to convey several things about me. The first, my love for nature, the second, my disillusionment with America, and the third my feeling of isolation in the world.
All photos and Photoshop work is done by me.
As this is a self portrait I don’t think it can rely on cliches.
The black and white flags are there to show my disillusionment with america and our society today. I'm the middle picture both I and the trees are black and white because it contrasts with the other pictures where the trees are still in color, representing isolation.      

This image is trying to convey how the beauty of nature can overcome even the obstacles that mankind puts in it’s way.  
The setup of this image is dependent on the contrast of the bright sun shining on the snow and the dark black shadows created by the trees.
This is my own photo.
avih

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JustineM on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:49 am

1. In this photo it is conveying that once you grow up you lose the childish feeling you use to have.
2. The purpose of this photo is that once you grow up you sort of start losing the child inside of you, since you have to work each day.
3. Yes, I took the picture and did the photo shop work on it.
4. This technique probably has been used before, but I thought it would work well with what I was aiming for.
5. The playground in the background is suppose to represent the childish feelings you have inside of you, but how you cannot follow them.  The photo is black and white because the playground represents how lonely it can feel without those childish wants.
6. I duplicated the layer of the main photo and made the layer underneath black and white. Then I began to erase some of the top layer, so I could make everything black and white except the playground.

1. This image is showing how beautiful nature is.
2. I believe that everything in the photo works well. The mountain is right in the middle and the river looks like it is leading up to the smaller mountains.
3. Yes, I was the one who took this photo.
4. I don’t believe it is a cliche. It is a photo that anyone, who had the opportunity, would capture.
5. The mountain and the river are right in the middle of the photo. That way It grabs your eye more towards those two things.
6. I tried to get everything in the middle, that way they would work well together.

1. This photo is meant to convey two different parts of nature that have their own kind of beauty.
2. I believe that the sunset works well with the two mountains on the side. It comes up right in the middle.
3. Both of these images were taken by me.
4. I do not believe there are any other photos like this.
5. The flowers look like they're surrounded by water when combined with the sunset picture. Originally the sunset was bouncing against water.
6. This piece was when we did the Layer Mask assignment.
JustineM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MorganCa on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:34 am

The purpose of this piece is to show who I am. When people look at me the first thing they see is my blue hair. Depending on the person, they either think I'm a freak or they think it's cool. I believe the color gives me character, so that was my main focus for this piece. The background contributes to the focus by being kind of dark but still colorful. The brick wall represents how there's so much more behind the blue hair. There's more than meets the eye. The whole image is mine. The concept is original. Since this picture was taken in a pitch black room, I used the dodge tool to brighten my hair and the brick. I brightened my hair a lot since it was the main focus. I used the burn tool to darken the brick so the red wasn't too bright and uneven.

There wasn't really a meaningful purpose to this piece. I was just messing around and wanted to make a regular picture look like a painting. The background is darker colors with a small amount of brighter color. The background does not distract from the person. The image is mine and the concept is original. The dullness of all the colors blend well together and the yellow of the apple fits in well with the darkness. I used the smudge tool and the blur tool to get the painting look. I used the burn tool to darken areas and the sponge tool to turn her skin grey.

The purpose of this piece was to show how society thinks girls should be and how some actually are. Society wants a girl to have clear skin, big lips, perfect eyebrows, a lot of makeup on and straight hair. The background is sort of dull so it doesn't distract from the face. The image is mine and the concept is kind of unoriginal since I'm sure other people have split faces in half but I didn't see one and then decide to do this project like that. The colors are mostly neutral with the little bit of teal. They're easy on the eyes so people can see the meaning instead of the work. I used the smudge tool and the blur tool to get the smooth face, smudge tool to make her lips bigger, paint tool to spread some colors and the smudge tool to make her face thinner.

MorganCa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tannerj on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:15 pm

This picture shows me coming to like myself a lot more than I originally did. I wasn't always the funny, cocky, and cool dude you know today. I used to be really down. On myself and the outlook of life all together, but that started to change. I'd say about 5 months ago I really started reaching out to people and started liking myself a lot. The color is me coming to love myself, while the black & white is what I used to feel. This was made around December so my outlook on things is way better now. This whole picture was all my work. The concept is really cliche, but I mean I added my own thing to it so I guess it works.

This photo is the logo I made for the branding project earlier this year. I did a logo for a coffee shop. I wanted something that was kind of simple, so when people see it they'd recognize the logo really quick. Sort of like the Bigby or Starbucks logo. I took the simple approach and put a big letter s for soul coffee, with a cool design around. I could see this logo being put on a cup or store, because it's something you could remember. I made the logo completely on my own. I got the concept from big coffee shops like the ones I listed earlier, but I used my own logo to represent it. I went for kind of a light brownish-tan color for my logo. I would think that color suits it well.

I made this photo a little bit after winter break. I did this for the displacement assignment. To me this photo represents are youth of today wanting to be free. To do their own thing and do what makes them happy. But with all the schoolwork and drama that goes on in the average teen life that's hard to come by. But this pic shows that you should find something that makes you happy. Whether it be enjoying nature, hanging with your friends or whatever. Do what makes you happy, because in the long run your happiness is what's really important. The original photo of me was mine, but the flowers in the background I edited in Photoshop to make it my own before applying it to the picture. Obvious the concept came from the assignment, but I tried to add my own flavor to the picture.
tannerj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  samanthas on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:19 am

This was for the typography assignment. This doesn't really have any particular message. I used lyrics from the song “Do I wanna know?” by Arctic Monkeys, which was my favorite song at the time. I used white text on a black background because that's what they use on their AM album. I used the band’s lyrics and mimicked the way their AM album cover looks. But the concept of using different fonts and changing the shape of the fonts was my original idea.

In this project I used a layer mask. I used the dull and sad looking background to symbolize negativity. I put a flower on that background to represent the positivity or good things in some bad situations. The flower is my picture but I used a picture from morguefile for the background. I also used a flower that was a brighter color than the background to convey this as well.

In this piece I wanted to convey the different sides of myself. I used three pictures of myself in different positions and making different faces to represent three different sides of myself. On the right I used a picture of me smiling to represent the fun and happy part of myself. In the middle I used a picture of myself making a little more of a serious face to represent how sometimes i'm serious but also happy. On the left I used a picture of me making a more serious face. I faded the other pictures and made the the most serious face the most prominent because I feel like its what people see me as more. All of the images used are my own.[/quote]

samanthas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alaynas on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:21 am

This piece is one of my personal favorites, it makes me feel calm and spaced out. its hard to comment on the composition, because the foreground is very blurry and going by fast, but the background is clear and can be focused on, but the background is essential to the photo. This is my photo that i took in the car while i was on the way back from up north canada. the photo conveys a feeling of calmness and is meant to make you space out and feel serene.

the piece conveys a calm yet cold feeling. The colors all compliment each other, and hold the theme of winter. This was my own original photo that i took of the string lights in my room. I feel like it is a little bit cliche, just because people associate string lights to christmas, and christmas to winter, but i do think i made up for that with the composition of the photo. The whole theme of blue and lights conveys winter well, and the font reminds me of ice and cold for some reason. this is a photo i took that i filtered to match the font color.

The image’s purpose is to represent each faction of the ‘Divergent’ series, i did that by using words that relate to each of them, and the story as a whole.. The design was inspired by a character’s tattoo to be in touch with that character’s personality. The symbols i used are from the series and are not of my own design, but i did use the pen tool to create the white spaces on my own. The high contrast between black and white is a device i used to my advantage, because I find it important to convey the sharp differences between the faction system, and the “divergents”.
alaynas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  richardv on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:05 am

I originally took this picture for the yearbook around the middle of February. The background kind of blends into Clintons hoodie and guitar strap. This picture is completely mine. It’s pretty cliché all I did to it was brighten it a bit so you can see the whole image.

I took this picture over the some while on vacation. I really like how the trees almost create an arch. The background is contributing with the sun trying to go through the tree. This is completely my work. It is kind of cliché with it being a nice picture. I like how the sun brightens up some of the leaves in this picture. I made some of the trees in the background lighter.

I worked on this in the first semester this year. It really wasn’t made to convey anything, I just made it for fun. I really like how the red in the smoke blends with the black background. I made this all myself with tools in Photoshop. I don’t think it is cliché they are getting more popular but not mainstream yet. I wanted the colors to complement each other nicely and I think black and red did that nicely. For this image I downloaded some brushes and used those and the pen tool for the smoke.

richardv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CaseyF on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:40 am

Omnichromatic is Skylar Bisel's debut album. I had the honor of doing the cover art of it. The music on the album is full of color and happiness, I tried to convey this with my choice of color, and with the whit background. Inspiration for the album art came to me before he was even anywhere near done with the title song, and the idea is 100% mine own (He didn't even know that I wanted to do this until I showed him the sketch  I came up with.) I put a lot of time, energy and love into this piece. To get the watercolor texture I used the liquefy tool and manipulated each color until it was exactly the right shape. It  took up to half an hour for each color.

Heart Breaker is named after a magic act that I don't exactly know. This photograph is named Heart Breaker because of the card. It is the joker of hearts. With the photograph I tried to convey manipulation, the card is the joker of hearts, love being just a joke or a game, notice how the card is slightly bent,its manipulated. I feel like the concept is original... I've never seen people try to convey meaning with a deck of cards before this.

Trapped is meant to convey what it is like to live with anxiety. The use of light represents the constant fear and worry that surrounds you... constricts you. Using long exposer and turning off all other lights, using myself as the model i was able to take lots of techniques I had almost no experience with and make something I think is great. The concept does rely on a bit of a cliche, but I think I was able to capture it in an interesting way.
CaseyF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AaliyahH on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:42 am

This Photo is intended to convey motivation. I used the quote " Together we can face any challenges as deep as the ocean and as high as the sky," basically meaning we can do anything no matter how difficult the challenge is, and also to inspire and show encouragement. I used the sun to show how uplifting the quote is along with a blue background to represent the sky with white clouds around it. This is an original piece that I used typography to create.

This piece "The Perfect Body" was created to show what most people think what a perfect body shape is. There are three different body types in this photo "Too Skinny," "Too Fat," and "Perfect" being in the middle. The "perfect" body shows a women with big boobs a skinny waist and thick hips, while all the other figures are lacking there traits. This piece is suppose to make people think about what they call the "perfect body" and maybe be mindful of how that could make a person that is "too skinny" or "too fat" feel. I made all three females wearing bright pink bathing suits to make the piece pop more and I also used the pen tool to create this piece.

This piece was intended to show a goofy/ funny side of things. I used my own photo of myself to portray a more silly side of myself. I used the liquify filter to stretch my out my mouth and to enhance my eye to make it bigger. I also brightened up the photo to give it a more clownish look.

AaliyahH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mackenziek on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:42 am

This image I made by taking the figures out of various old paintings and put them in front of an eastern orthodox painting. I gave the background a halo by using the brush tool and smudging it, then decreasing the transparency. The message the image is trying to convey is that you don't need to be religious to enjoy religious art. The picture does rely on cliches, but I think it gets the message across.

This picture was made simply by taking out Clinton's outline from the original photo and using the magic wand tool to color over him. I don't think there is really some kind of message with this photo. The closest thing I can think of, is that, despite the lack of a broad range of color, you can still tell that it's Clinton. The message would be that little features don't matter.

This picture was made with the gradient tool and lens blur. The blur makes the clear part of the image, specifically the cars, buildings, etc. look tiny. The message of this image, is that the world is smaller than most people think. The image is not my own, which is because I don't have the means to take an aerial photograph such as this. I think the concept may be cliche, but not the work I have done here.
mackenziek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DakotaHaba on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:43 pm

1.Its meant to convey a sense of being alone and unsure of the future
2.The background defiantly adds to what the environment conveys
3.Yes the entirety of the work is done by me
4.The concept is original not some cookie cutter piece
5.the sky gives a sort of apocalyptic feel which adds to the feeling of being alone and the solid plainness of the structures adds to being constricted and alone
6.the creative technique in which you convey an environment that is new and different to the viewer  

1.It was made to convey silliness and uniqueness
2. neutral
3. yes the entire work is my own
4. the concept is based on the art of Samuel Carol
5. The odd shape and uniqueness of the creation conveys the image
6. I used the technique of recreation and translation

1. Made to convey Passion and love for something that i live for and would die without (literally)
2. it adds to the whole graffiti style with a sort of art surrounded by garbage thing
3.the entire work is mine
4. concept is based on my love of food a original and obviously unique love
5. The attempt to make it look dated shows the deepness of my passion
6.The creative technique of bleeding where you let the ink run for a more generic graffiti look

DakotaHaba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaylaMc on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:00 am

1. The image is a drawing of my persona representing myself, hiding my true self from the world.  

2. For the background  I used type of brush and tone to show how fitting the drawing was showing my persona fitting in and not different.

3. I drew the image and designed the background but for the x-ray and tag blocking the eyes, the little sparkly part was a morguefile image.

4. To drew this I got inspired by one of Mekakucity Actors’ official art then got the concept of holding an x-ray showing who I am on the inside.

5. The color of the clothing matches the background then I took some of the color out of the skin to show dullness. Using a brighter color in the x-ray shows a major difference from hiding and show yourself.

6. The techniques I used for this image was digitally drawing the image then put it into photoshop to change the tone, adjusting the layers, and use mask to give me detail into the x-ray.

1.When I look at this i kinda of think of spring mixed into fall.

2. The background was an image of a tree in autumn with adjusted colors.

3. No, to make this image i used to tooken pictures from morguefile.

4.Well I wouldnt say the concept was original because I used someone else’s photo.

5. The colors are very bright which gives the feeling of spring, then mixed in is an orange and red color making the butterfly standout and making the fall feeling.

6. To do this concept I turned the image black and white in the channel then adjusting the layer. After that i deleted some parts of the butterfly image and toned the back image

1. What I was showing in this image was that I express myself as different characters sometimes or consider myself as an character.

2. I darkened the background to get a clearer view of the digital drawings in the imaged and so the setting behind me wasn't distracting.

3. Yes these are all my own work, the taken picture and the drawings.

4. One concept I used was the character on my shoulder. I mostly use him as myself at times so I had to add him in the photo, other than that the concept is original.

5. I made the colors dark to make it more dramatic. I tried not to have the characters too bright or too dark so I darkened them just a bit.

6. After I took the photo i put it into photoshop and digitally drew onto the photo. Then I toned down the characters and background with the burn tool.
KaylaMc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:28 am

1. With this picture it shows who i am...I'm a card, you never know what to expect.
2. I created this because I am my own person and i want to show people that.
3. These are all things i have created.
4. This is all original
5. It show im a dark person
6. The cropping tool

1. That there is beautiful color everywhere
4. This is all original
6. The cropping tool

1. This shows a girl who is lonely but still has hope
4. This is all original
6. The cropping tool
clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  briannah on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:43 am

Self Portaits
1. The image is to display who I am and help the viewer understand who I am as a person. The first thing that stands out is that I am an old soul and I love the 1950s and I am very artistic.
2. The composition is literally perfect (at least in my opinion). The background is totally a 1950s diner and I look like a pin up girl or something from the 50s so it really fits. And the bright red background, checkerboard and painting photoshop effect display how artistic I am.
3. Yes, the photo and ideas are completely mine.
4. The concepts are original, and it's hard not to be original when doing a self-portrait of yourself!
5. The 1950s had bright red and blue walls and checkerboard patterns everywhere, especially in diners. My bedroom reflects my personality 100%, because I am an old soul and I love the culture and themes of the 50s. My outfit also represents this with the blue polka-dotted dress on which adds a vintage touch and feel. My facial expression shows how outgoing and dramatic I can be, and I photoshopped the photo to make it look like a painting. I am very artistic and I love to draw and paint so a painting effect definitely cries out how creative I am.
6. I took the photo on an interesting angle instead of a straight forward photo of me, and I photoshopped it too look like a painting (using some brush stroke effect)

Evening Of The Arts Cover
1. The image was meant to look old school like a 50s or 60s drive in movie theater or something. It kinda goes with how our school is- we aren't exactly up to date in technology or materials for classes yet...
2. As explained above, it looks like an old movie theater. So I took themes from the 50s like bright red and blue neon lights and created a border that looked similar to the photo. The background is plain black, so the bright lights and text can pop out "in your face" like a movie.
3. The photo is not mine, but I took out majority of the original photo and made it my own. Some thing I did was erase the original text and put "AAW" and "4th Annual Evening of The Arts" in its place.
4. Both... it was my own idea to make the cover look old school, but since the image wasn't mine, it still wasn't 100% original.
5. Well, like question one, I picked an old school theater because it represented our school well. We are not up to date with technology and  we are very unique and fun, just like that time period. We stand out and we're special, and that's one reason why lots of people associate the 50s with fun and positive times. For the colors, red and blue defined the 50s, as well as neon lights (which inspired the border).
6. I used the clone stamp tool a lot to "erase" the original text. The pen tool helped me create the border, and I adjusted the contrast and lighting on the photo to make the colors and black background pop out.

Conflict Photo
1. This whole concept is based off of how people's perceptions of pit bulls are different. On the left, you have the typical family pet who loves to run, jump and play. On the right you have a very serious, dark dog who looks like you could be its "next meal".
2. When I took the "happy" photo, I made sure that my dog's facial expressions looked like a happy pet. The background is bright and colorful with plants and flowers blooming everywhere. In the "dark" photo, I made the image darker, with less saturation and color to make it look dim and scary. There are weeds, leaves and chained fences around her.
3. These photos are 100% mine, and the dog is mine, and the house is mine, and everything is mine.
4. And the concept is completely mine, too.
5. In the "happy photo"...
- My dog looks happy and she is smiling
- The background is bright and colorful
- She is dressed with a bright bandanna and has a ball next to her
- The photo is taken at an interesting angle
In the "dark" photo...
- My dog is staring with a serious look on her face
- The background is dark, dim, and ugly
- She has a heavy chain around her
- The photo is taken at a boring and straightforward angle
6. Majority of this was explained above, but the goal is to make these two images look as opposite as possible. Some photoshop techniques I used was adjusting the saturation and contrast. I used the lighting effect on the "dark" photo and I made the "happy" photo with a vignette effect.
briannah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:53 am

Grades are in up to here. Great work so far, folks!
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  andrewi on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:56 am

This image was intended to display the conflict of America over same-sex marriage and how the fight is dividing the country (socially and politically). I chose this topic because I and a large majority of my friends are a part of the LGBTQQA community. The background is neutral in the composition, where the main focus is the states that accept same-sex marriage are colorful, lively, and free, where as the states that do not recognize same-sex marriage are darkened and have jail cell bars to represent how they're treating homosexuality as a crime and denying basic human rights to citizens because of prejudice. The images are all my own work, only using a reference to map out the map. The concept is my original concept based on how I feel about the controversy. The rainbows convey happiness, joy, liveliness where as the black represents prejudice, depression, sadness, and defeat. For this project I used Photoshop, using the pencil tool to trace the states and border of the US and used different tools, such as the select, magic wand, paintbrush, paint bucket, gradient, and eraser. I used several different layers for the rainbow, black, bars, and the states outside of the body of the states.

For this photo, I was just messing around on my cellphone's camera and discovered it has a setting similar to long exposure, where it would absorb all the light it could see at the time the picture was taken. My aunt then noticed that the light looked like a cross and I thought of the idea of it being the "light of the holy spirit" making a cross as it shines across the desk. I then took this picture trying to get the light to look as much like a cross as possible. The concept is my own and original, making the light look like a cross on a wooden desk. The light is the "light of the holy spirit" and red to represent Jesus's blood, and on a wooden desk because he was crucified on a wooden cross. I mainly used long exposure and changed the IOS setting on my phone and focused on different areas to get this result.

This piece is intended to convey how simple but intricate old paintings can be. Casey and I used typography to make shapes of every little object in the painting making it all original, using nothing of the picture we originally used. The colors all agree and work well together and look good together. The concept for the typography is not ours and original but all the work is. The shades blues in the sky contrast with the yellow stars and moon to make them look bright as stars. The different shades of blue and green in the sky can easily outline the lights in the sky. The different shades of green show the hills and farm land and the different layers of the world.
andrewi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top