Final Exam: due on day of finals

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Final Exam: due on day of finals

Post  Admin on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:35 am

Post up three of your strongest pieces from the semester/year, that show a broad range of photography or photoshop skills.

For each work, discuss the quality and effectiveness of your artwork. This should be a paragraph long for each piece, and should be written in the style of an academic paper. Include:

1. What is the image intended to convey? (Artist's statement about the purpose of the piece)
2. Is the entire composition created with a sense of purpose? (Is the background contributing to the image, detracting from it, or neutral?)
3. Are the images in it all your own creative work?
4. Does it rely on cliches or are the concepts original?
5. How do colors, compositional decisions, props and techniques used convey meaning?
6. What creative techniques did you use?

Grading: 80% portfolio quality and range of skills
20% Self-critique

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Exam: due on day of finals

Post  Megan_S on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:10 pm

In this piece, I tried to convey the closeness of my friends and I while incorporating a cute pattern filter that I created. There is not much of a sense of purpose surrounding this particular photo. All of the images in this photo are mine that I took or created (the pattern). This photo is based on a “hipster” type cliche of pictures of feet of a group. The colors do not contribute much to the meaning of this photo, but instead just gives a softer aesthetic to the photo. However, the composition of the photo in terms of the posing of the feet and legs is what makes the meaning of close friends. Some creative techniques I used is I overlapped a pattern over the picture. I outlined the feet with the “stroke” function to keep the attention on that. Then, I simply just erased the background and replaced it with a dark color.

This image was created to make me look like someone else. However, I always admired the Gothic style, black lipstick, and anything in the style. However, I am unable to wear dark makeup and I don’t have a lot of Gothic attire. So I created this with what I did have. It’s supposed to convey an alternate persona I wished to have. The background of this photo is contributing to this piece. This concept is original to me. How the colors and composition contribute to the piece is the white background keeps the attention to me. I use other white props as well to counter the great amount of black in the photo. The outfit, wig, and the mask is all supposed to convey my desired, alternate style. I did not use many creative techniques for this photo. It is mostly just photography with some Photoshop touch ups (dark eye shadow colored on, contrast and brightness adjustments).

This image is intended to convey the mask people wear over the internet. When chatting online, most people lie about who they are or act a certain way that they usually don’t in reality. When chatting or interacting online, you can’t really know how someone is like. So, I replaced my head with a screen so my real identity is hidden. I used a simple text emote to be a place for my actual face. All of the images in this photo are mine. This concept is original to me, however there is a possibility it could be a cliche. The composition of this picture did have a purpose to it’s meaning. Some creative techniques I used to create this picture is simply copying a separate picture of my T.V and erasing everything but the screen. I added a noise filter to the screen to create a static effect. Then, I typed out a smiley emote and set it at the center. At the end, I desaturated it for effect.
Megan_S

View user profile http://megasourusrex.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  marissap on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:34 pm

This image was taken simply to show a monochromatic picture. Everything in this picture contributes to each other, because everything had to be the one color, or at least a close shade of it. Everything in the image was original. It is all my own creativeness from the placement of the camera to the color I displayed monochromatically. The concept is a little cliché because there are a lot of photographers who do a picture with flowers in a person’s hair or something similar. The colors were the only important thing to me, making sure everything was red. Although I did try to take the photo in a dramatic, creative way. There weren’t really any techniques that I used.

In this image, I was trying to represent the drastic amount of water pollution by using, well, garbage. The background (containing the piles of garbage) contributed to the rest of the image because I tried to fill about 88% of the background with the piles, which is representing the statistics also. The large picture itself was my original photo. The concepts, in my opinion, are all original. The props (garbage) contain the real message of the image. I took the picture from a specific angle so that I could get my desired lighting, and I took the piles of garbage from other images and inserted them into my original picture.

This image was done in my free studio time, and its intention is just to show a fantasy, surreal theme. The entire composition is neutral mostly. Each piece is a stock image and they are kind of random, but they all have a purpose and in my opinion think they all fit together nicely. The concepts are taken completely from an online tutorial, but are also entirely original. Everything in this image has a purpose. The whole thing is also meant to give the fantasy feeling. (Because a child on the top of the Eiffel tower is unrealistic along with 99% of the rest of the image.) There were a lot of techniques that I used for this, such as curves, lens flare, tinting, etc.
marissap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brys W on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:03 pm

This image is meant to convey how many hate crimes are committed against the LGBTQ+ community each year. The background compliments the image by having flowers made of weapons, as the work is titled "The Seeds of Hate". Any and all images pictured here are mine and were not borrowed from anywhere else. I'm going to go ahead and say that this is an original concept because I've never seen any thing else like this and it's not cliche. The colors are darker and the models are holding weapons to show the dark truth of violence against members of the LGBTQ+ community. My technique was to make everything a little darker, to fit the mood of my topic.

This image was meant to be aesthetically pleasing to the human eye. The background is a neutral grey, so it doesn't add or detract from the subject of the image. The image and patterns in this photo are mine, however the pose is based off a stock image I found, so it's a little cliche. Looking back, I personally think the colors don't work together very well. I tried to make it colorful and beautiful, but it has a little too much going on.

The image is meant to depict me as a bionic/robotic being who is lacking her heart, which powers her. The purpose was to make the image compliment the text of the "album cover". The images and props are mine, the font(s) were made by various artists. This "album" was based off of lyrics from a song called "Shut Me Down" by an artist by the alias of totalspiffage, so it has a cliche background to it that supports it. I chose monochromatic green for the color scheme because uranium is usually green, or yellowish green. I made my image grey-scale, then changed the color to green to match up with everything in this image, including the text.
Brys W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alisonbudzyn16 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:09 pm

This image was meant to convey the objects in our quantified life. I was trying to let others see how many words are read in 12th grade.  There really isn’t a background, it’s just the picture being rotated over and over again. I took the photo with Mrs. Mantey’s camera and used Mr. Campbell’s poem book. The concept isn’t really cliché, it has a lot of originality, because how many people rotate words into the shape of a star? The prop, which was the words in the poem book, was the most important thing. The only creative techniques I used were changing the blending mode between darken and lighten.

In this image, it was taken to show a monochromatic picture. The background light is definitely natural.  The image was taken with my camera. It sort of is cliché, because a lot of photographers take landscape/scenery photos. The colors, which are predominantly different shades of green, all seem to blend together and show that the landscape is very beautiful. I didn’t really use any creative techniques.

This image I was to convey myself, in a different light. The background contributes to the image, sort of blending with it.  The image was taken with the camera in my phone.  It is cliché because many people nowadays take selfies. The colors in this photo show that everything works together to make the picture look nice. The creative techniques I used was mostly consisted of the pen tool, and the eyedropper tool.
alisonbudzyn16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie5 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:50 pm

I feel that this image conveys a nap taken in a very comfy place where you feel at ease. The background does contribute to the piece. As it appears that I am taking a nap on a the cloud shows that I am very comfortable and resting well. Every image I used I took on my own using my phone camera. When you think about it the image is one of the oldest cliches. When people are very comfortable the sometimes relate it to being on a cloud. I decided to make that in the most literal sense. The colors I used make it a very soft inviting piece beckoning you to come and rest with me. I used quite a few techniques such as curves, brightness, clipping layer, paint tool, ect.

this image is meant to convey the gore of self harm and to bring attention to the problem of cutting. The background contributes to the image by being plain, the blood and reds stand out and are more noticeable. All of the images here are my own creative work. I don't think it is a cliche but it isn't an original idea either. I see no cliche in self harm I do not want to romanticize it. The reds represent the wounds the people inflict on themselves but as they fade and 'heal' it is showing that nothing lasts forever. I used color burn, brightening, curves, and clone stamp along with some others.

This image conveys that we are all made out of very different pieces but all together those pieces make a beautiful person. The background is neutral in this one mainly for you to be able to focus on the face. i made this image by using the pen tool to track over an image I took of myself. It is mostly original work not working on a cliche. The colors contrast brightly across the face to to draw your attention to the face and eyes. I used only the pen tool for this.
ellie5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MaKayla W on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:15 pm

The purpose of this piece was to create a shape using other materials and fit it into background that works well with the shape. The background is a big part in this piece. At night you usually see stars so it fit well. The stars could’ve been duller since they kind of distract the tone. I did take both pictures and set them up to make them work well. Its cliché since I’m not the first person to take a picture of the night sky and make Doritos into a star shape. The background is dark to show that it’s nighttime. The stars are brighter to make them stand out more. I didn’t use any props or technique.

This image was to make myself to look younger. The background wasn't a big focus since the main point in the picture shows. I wouldn't say it’s distracting the picture but it doesn't contribute to it in any way. The image isn't my creative work since selfies are mainstream. For this assignment (false identities) it was original because most people were changing their gender appearance; I made myself look younger. Selfies in general are cliché. Colors are brighter for a younger looking stage. I didn't use any prompts or techniques. Just lots of makeup, a different hairstyle, and younger looking "face pose."

For this piece I created a CD cover of an imaginary band I have with my best friend, it is to show monochromatic colors. The background doesn’t really have a purpose in the picture. The background isn’t distracting since the main focus is on us. It’s not my own creative work because selfies with friends aren’t original in any way.  It is cliché to take a selfie with your best friend. The colors are monochromatic giving the picture a settle look. I didn’t use any props except for my best friend. I used a blue hues filter making the picture monochromatic.

MaKayla W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BaileyM on Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:50 am

[/url

• i just thought it looked cool with all the colors

• its what makes the picture look cool with the blur then the focus of a the bug

• well the bug isn't mine it was in a store  

• original i think i based taking the picture from animal documentaries

• the colors are very neutral with each other a good balance of each

• well i just took a picture of it i don't think i was so creative

1.This is basically a photo of a python?I dont really know how to do this really for photography
    2.Well the snake is the foreground with it mouth slightly above the water bowl while the fake leaf interacts with the bowl in the back ground
    3.Well i took a picture i don't really own the snake or anything really in here because this was at the same store as the bug
    4.its based off of the animal documentary sort of thing
    5.well there isn't very meaning in these its just a cool snake i suppose
    6. i did do a few editing things like sharpen and clarify the image it didnt need much change i think

(My favorite out of all of these)

• The image is supposed to convey about a event happening in a newly released Game.

• well the composition is supposed to be arrows the character in the image is a judge for a game called Splatoon where his tail has a arrow at the end of it i was
      • [/list

• ]trying to get the splatoon feel but due to my bad arrow making it's not fully conveyed

• Yes except the character ( i drew him but i don't own him) and splatoon’s Splatfest as in the name and time and the font i used the clipping mask to add the splatters inside the text to get more of a feel.

• I was basing this off some college posters with arrows i have no idea why but it's half and half i suppose

• Yes  well kinda the cat and its arrow tail supposed to be sort of a urban theme
      • I used the custom arrow tool to make things easier to put in place i used clipping masks a lot of them line tool for the lines in the arrows I also used a lineless style the cat was drawn in painttool sai to make things easier to get done faster i also used a overlay layer for the shadow of the cat and lower opacity for the splats on the bottom text

BaileyM

View user profile http://orgin8.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bhayes on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:15 pm

This is one of my own works that i made in my free time its purpose was to see if i could make a cool 70s piece.
it is all my own work
its suppose to remind you of the 70s
i used the paint and paint bucket tool

the image is conveying my true self which is a fat kid who loves food
all the pictures in the photo were taken by me
i think its original
i filled my self up with food because im slim now but still a food lover
i used the clipping tool

the image is suppose to convey how much tv we watch in america
i took all the pictures myself
its an original way of conveying an american stereo type
i used the transform tool

bhayes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haley Newton:) on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:51 am

Haley Newton:) wrote:Picture #1- Monochromatic Photo. study  

1. What is the image intended to convey Question
In this photo I was trying to create a wonderland scenery flower , the color scheme for this photo came out really well, giving it a dramatic visionary look. I positioned myself in this photo to give a wonder-less feeling. What inspired me to create this piece is I was going toward a original look, I wanted it to be a explosive bright venturesome piece.

2. Are the images in it all your own creative work Question
This photo was taken place in the backyard of my house, I was sitting on top of a bench, underneath a tree. The sun was going down creating a luxuriant look sunny . This was all original work. Exclamation  Exclamation  

6. What creative techniques did you use Question
Some of the additional effects added to this photo was some tweaks on the contrast, brightness and some blending tools on Photo Shop.

Picture #2- Revisiting a historical painting. farao

1. What is the image intended to convey. Question  

In this photo I was trying recreate:idea:  the scene by inserting myself into the image in place of the lady in the original photo. Instead of completely following the design of the photo, I decided to to recreate this photo of myself in a different scenery, but keeping the originality of the photo strong. I created my own version of the "Miss Dior" Bag:P , with a slight different design. But overall this photo came out the way I wanted it to... I believe keeping originality in my photo's are important. Exclamation

2. How do colors, com-positional decisions, props and techniques used convey meaning Question

I believe that my idea of using the flower bush, in the background created a essence of exquisite work.
I also chose a darker dress, I had this idea of the blending of colors would work well, I believe if i would of used the brighter pink color it would override the stimulating      

Still in Progress!!
Haley Newton:)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauren S. on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:40 pm

This is the photo used for the monochromatic album cover assignment. I took my viola (which has red wood) and a red blanket, set it up and took a picture from above. I intended to make the photo look calm and peaceful, despite the intense bright red color. The background is very close to the color of the viola and it kind of blends into the instrument. This photo was taken by myself. The position and idea of this picture was all original. I thought the way it was set up would look really still and calm, while the red color is depicting emotions of anger or something hectic. I experimented with different angles and placements of the bow, then picked the best one to crop and post.

This picture was from the pattern fills assignment. I used the bright, pale colors to give a feeling of lightheartedness. The background provides contrast to the blue, and gives the piece more color (If the background was a different shade of blue, I thought it would look rather bland). The photo used is my own, that I took a few years ago of my cat. The pen tooling is also my own work. This idea was original, I had an image in my head when I was thinking about what to do for this project. I thought about how to link my pattern to relate to whatever photo it would go to. Cats like to play with little things, whether that be mice or insects, so that's why I chose this photo to pen tool. I focused on making the cat's color scheme more blue, to go with the blue in the pattern, making it look more monochromatic and unique to the background. I centered the cat and cropped it square to make it look more neat.

This was turned in for the "quantifying our lives" assignment. It is meant to represent the amount of money the average person spends in a year. The whole image is made up of pictures of coins, the number 365 in the middle represents the days in a year. I took many pictures of coins put together in a grid pattern, with specific measurements depending on the type of coin. They were taken at a specific time of day so the photos would come out with similar lighting. I sorted the coins by contrast, so that when I made the pieces making up the number “365” in the middle, they would be easy to read. I put this picture together so that the background sort of melded with the numbers, but made sure it was clear that there was something in the middle, along with what that something was. This concept is original and uses photos that I have taken.

Lauren S.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyenneb on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:00 pm

--This is a pop art style piece of an image of a cheetah i did on my own time. I've always liked how pop art looks, I did it once with colored pencil before, so i decided to use digital media this time. The colors are much brighter this way. It's different from actual pop art because it doesn't portray anything that is currently "popular," and i changed the shape of the spots and it has a fun background (instead of a solid bright color). I used pen and paint tools.

--Here, i recreated the painting "Son of a Man." It is one of my bests because i used multiple Photoshop skills to put it together, and you can still recognize what it is. I am proud that i was able to get rid of the chains and pins that were originally on my tie.

--Though this is much older, I am proud of my pentool portrait. I took a lot of time on it, and looks great for me being a beginner. All the colors come together just right, and the background is simple but still what it is.

cheyenneb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EmmaFrasier on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:15 am

This image is intended to convey how some people feel tied down due to other people's thoughts and opinions. She is masking her true feelings with fake happiness. The background adds to the sadness of the image. All the images are my own work. The concept might be cliche, but I like how I conveyed it. All the colors seem to work together and look good. I mainly used the pen tool and the gradient tool.

This image is not trying to convey anything specifically, I like to create different designs for creatures and this is one of them. The image is my own work. I am pretty sure this is not cliche. I like how the red and blue look next to each other. I zoomed in a few times and created pixel art to make this.

This image is not intended to convey much, I liked the way it looked when I finished. There is not really a purpose to this either. I used a stock image of a flame and I warped it into the hair and the image on the body. The original image under the fire is my own though. This might be a cliche, I'm not sure. All the colors tie together and the black background makes the fire pop. I used free transform, warp, and I changed the filters multiple times.
EmmaFrasier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  amberc on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:12 pm

1. This image was trying to convey a business card idea. It was meant to advertise a corporation called Rhinox.
2. I think the background contributes to the logo, also it is neutral. It does not distract from the important information on the card.
3. All of the art on the card is mine, I created the logo with the pen tool in Photoshop.
4. The concept I believe is original, I created it myself and I haven;t seen anything similar to it.
5. Personally I find that the colors convey the more neat and technical aspect, so it fits a corporation's buisness card.
6. I used the pen tool to try to convey the shape of a rhino because the company's title was Rhinox.

1. I don't think there is anything to convey with this image.
2. I would say the blends in with the image, for the project the background was not important. Personally I find that the background could have been better.
3. Yes, everything in the image is my own, I took the photo of the flower and used the pen tool to create the silhouette.
4. The concept is kind of cliche, it is a flower dress so I'm sure many people have had similar ideas.
5. The picture of the flower was flipped upside down and it had a ball gown appearance to it. The silhouette conveys that it is a dress and the color matches the theme.
6. I used the idea of having a flower as a dress and used the pen tool to create a woman's silhouette in the dress.

1. -
2. The background compliments the image with color but I feel that it is kinda chaotic.
3. Yes, I created the pattern and the dress. The only thing that is not mine is a dress I used as a template to trace over with the pen tool.
4. I believe the concept is original, its not cheesy.
5. The shape conveys its a dress and the pattern shows color.
6. I used the pen tool to trace a dress, then I created a pattern and used it in the image.

amberc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaela S on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:58 pm

1. It isn't really conveying anything, it's just something I made during some free time.
2. I don't feel like the background is really taking the viewer's attention from the artwork itself.
3. It is my own creative work.
4. I feel like it is original.
5. I believe the way I put the picture together makes it seem like something you would maybe see in a cartoon. Like the colors and just the way it's drawn.
6. I used the pen tool on Photoshop.

1. We were assigned a project for us to make us someone other than ourselves. So I chose to make myself look like a criminal, but obviously, I'm not.
2. The background doesn't really contribute to the image, all it is is my bedroom.
4. It's original.
5. I wore dark colors and a from some pictures of criminals that I've seen, they're portrayed that way.
6. I didn't really use any creative techniques.

1. Doesn't really convey anything, just another picture I made during some free time.
2. The contributes to the image. It's dark so the marshmallows stand out and the viewer's attention might focus on them.
4. It's original.
5. The background can maybe tell the viewer that this is just a few marshmallows outside burning.
6. The pen tool on Photoshop.
Kaela S

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissyb on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:26 am

1. its conveying how many homeless people there are in the united states
2. the background is supposed to look like sidewalk and bricks so it looks like they're outside because they don't have a house
3. its my own work
4. I don't think it was cliche
5. I tried to make it look like a person was inside a box
6. I used the pen tool

1. its conveying that cat ears kind of look like the triangle things on dollars
2. the background was my room so its not contributing to the picture
3. its my work
4. I think its original
5. I didn't use props or anything
6. I put the triangle thing on a picture of my cat

1. its not really conveying duotones with analogous colors
2. the background wasn't contributing to the picture
3. its my own work
4. I think its original
5. I used only two colors to convey the duotone color thing
6. I used the thing in photoshop to make it two colors

chrissyb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine J on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:33 am

~ Brochure ~

This is a brochure that I created for an assignment. I planned for this to have earthy colors and different shapes put together to create something interesting. The colors helps create an earthy flower shop look. I tried my hardest to make it have its own original look than the usual bakery style that most brochures I’ve seen in flower shops. The majority of the work, the flowers and shapes, had been done with a pen tool.

~ Similar Shapes ~

I created this for the Similar Shapes assignment. It was taken and photo shopped by me.  This piece was meant to make an object look like another object. Using a railing I made it look like a pair of glasses. I planned for the model to pop out in order for there to be a contrast with the background. I made the darker colors a dark purple and the lighter colors turquoise colors in order to make everything monochromatic. I shook the railing and had the model move to try creating an interesting look, which fortunately, somehow gave me the glare effect.

~ Life is Strange Look ~

I did not make this picture for an assignment, I created this when I had free time. I took the image myself and photo shopped the image.  It was inspired by the video game ‘Life is Strange’. I purposely showed the background from the car to kind of give off the feel that it is from the game. I used the duotone option to make everything monochromatic. I filtered everything to make it look blurry, similar to the photos in the video game, and added bars on the top and bottom to finish the look.
Jasmine J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meshap on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:52 am

This is probably my favorite project that I completed because it has a lot of meaning behind it and even though it doesn't look like it this picture took a lot of time and a lot of editing and its very special to me.

This photo to me took a lot of time to do, more than I thought it would. Also I think its very creative, original, and very colorful. I personally believe that i stepped out of the box with this one.

This last one was not only done more than once but took a while to think of. It may not seem like much but to me its very creative.

meshap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BaileyM on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:19 am

1. It was a assignment to showcase the event evening of the arts,with a children illustrator work
2. The background doesn't distract the main points of the image the sheep contrasts from the background it has a slight blend
3.yes except for the AAW logo,website,and font choice used.
4. pretty original
5. The colors bring on a mostly calm feeling not too over the top its also with a cool palette to signal that its evening/night
6. This mostly is with the pen tool since i had no idea how to draw without lines,used the tablet for the tree,swirls, and grass.I used a ton of clipping masks along with the outer glow setting at the blending options.
BaileyM

View user profile http://orgin8.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Dauntless on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:24 am

[url=http://www.servimg.com/view/19128443/33]
1. The image is trying to covey the fact that we may be radically different, but we all strive for one goal.
2. The images were separate works from diverse sources.
3. Are the images in it all your own creative work?
4. I'm not entirely sure whether this concept is used enough to be considered cliche.
5. The elements of fire and ice with the given color and physical contrast show the diversity and radial difference, but the two put together in the center convey the meaning.
6. I used the sharpen and blur tools to put more definition on the elements as well as lighting effects.

[url=http://www.servimg.com/view/19128443/34]
1. Though we are surrounded by shadows, there is always a light ahead.
2. The dark background helps bring out the light center of the work.
3. The images used are all my own, taken just outside my current residence.
4. The concept itself is an old one, and the contrast of light vs dark is cliched.
5. The contrast of the black and the bright light help to convey the meaning.
6. The technique used transformation and rotation with recorded actions.

[url=http://www.servimg.com/view/19128443/35]
1. This image was meant to convey who I am as a person. With a straight face i look to the sky and hope for a better tomorrow.
2. The background is more neutral, although it adds more of a natural look to the scene.
3. The image is entirely my own.
4. As far as I know, no cliches are used.
5. How do colors, compositional decisions, props and techniques used convey meaning?
6. I used special photography with art effects.
Jake Dauntless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David E on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:25 am

" />
This image conveys that crayons are similar in shape with McDonald's french fries.
The background is also similar to McDonald's advertisements, just black.
The image is my own.
I thought of the concept of the photo myself.
The background contrasts the foreground, making the fry container look a little brighter and better, opposed to if I had just taken the photo with the container up against a window.
The crayons are similar to the fries that actually belonged in the container, but you wouldn't eat the crayons as you would the fries.
I put a black blanket on my couch and set the fry container against the back of the couch so it would stand up so I could take the picture. I did not use photoshop.
" />
This image conveys that a lot of the things are monochromatic, the color being green.
The background is also green, contributing to the fact that most everything in the photo is green.
I thought of the picture myself and set up the camera on a timer to take the picture.
The concepts are original, my own idea.
All of the props that I have in the photo are green, (yes, even the umbrella, it's a very dark green) and help portray that the photo is monochromatic.
I used a timer on the camera to run back to the lizard I am laying on in my morph suit, also, I used a lot of green props. I did not use photoshop.
" />
In this image, I tried to make myself look like Andy Warhol's "Mao," in which Mao Zedong is the subject.
The background is making the whole thing look bright and happy, which I like.
I took the photo and did everything myself.
I had to rely on the painting "Mao" by Andy Warhol in 1973.
Everything in the picture looks bright and happy, which I liked about it.
I used photoshop, in which I darkened my shirt, made the background blue, and used a paint filter.
David E

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dominiquenicole on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:18 pm

dominiquenicole wrote:
This piece conveys my inner personality. Music makes me happy. The background is neutral. It doesn't really go with my emotion in this portrait. I took this photo with my camera. The concept is cliché since a variety of people take pictures in this particular position. My headphones in this picture shows that listening to music puts a smile on my face. I didn't really use any techniques.

This photograph conveys that everyone should be their true selves. Individuals shouldn't have to imitate someone else just to fit in. I think this picture focuses on the person but the background doesn't contribute to this image. This image is in all of my work. The concepts are original. The colors in this photograph indicate that it is fine to show your true colors. I duplicated, transformed and rotated this photograph.

The whole purpose of this photograph was to disguise myself. The background contributes to this image because it makes this image look more vivid. There isn't anything in the background that distracts attention from this photo. The concept of this photograph is cliché. Many people dress up as a boy. The props in this photograph convey meaning because they are items that a boy would wear. I altered the color of this picture,duplicated and flipped it vertically.

dominiquenicole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Dauntless on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:33 am

1. The image is trying to covey the fact that we may be radically different, but we all strive for one goal.
2. The contrast of fire and ice give it an appealing design. The background is darkened to give way to the hands and the hearts.
3. The images were separate works from diverse sources.
4. I'm not entirely sure whether this concept is used enough to be considered cliche.
5. The elements of fire and ice with the given color and physical contrast show the diversity and radial difference, but the two put together in the center convey the meaning.
6. I used the sharpen and blur tools to put more definition on the elements as well as lighting effects.

1. Though we are surrounded by shadows, there is always a light ahead.
2. The dark background helps bring out the light center of the work.
3. The images used are all my own, taken just outside my current residence.
4. The concept itself is an old one, and the contrast of light vs dark is cliched.
5. The contrast of the black and the bright light help to convey the meaning.
6. The technique used transformation and rotation with recorded actions.

1. This image was meant to convey who I am as a person. With a straight face i look to the sky and hope for a better tomorrow.
2. The background is more neutral, although it adds more of a natural look to the scene.
3. The image is entirely my own.
4. As far as I know, no cliches are used.
6. I used special photography with art effects.
Jake Dauntless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Final

Post  Josh.B on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:34 am

" />
This image was to show how school is both theatrical arts and visual arts.In the image the background is neutral as it doesn't take anything away but doesn't add anything.All done with the pen and brush tool.the green paint is to show that the front cover was painted along with  the red carpet as it shows that your invited . The look of the the curtains and the lights is showing that it's not real just a painting
" />
the image is showing that these rich collectors still value the art artistically not just worth.The background plays a major role as it shows their art on display and a back view of their home. I took the pictures of the characters but the background comes from the original painting by David Hockney. I think that the concept is original as it sort of tells a story without words. the look of the picture was done to blend the painting with the real people. I used real people and blended them with a painting.
" />
the image's purpose is to show the main character  Rock Warrior a music based action star. The background shows the main setting an american desert(like Nevada)Which let's you make assumptions about Rock Warrior. Created the background and text in Photoshop and shot the photo of my friend Merlin Koprin. I was trying to make the poster look like an old school 80s action movie poster. the cactus makes most people think of desert and the road makes people think of highway so if you put it together you might think of desert highway or roads. I used glow effects to give the lighting a effect closer to real lighting
Josh.B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  yasminthomas on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:44 pm

I find these pieces to be my visually, stylistically, and technically strongest.

This piece has a significance that might not be visibly accessible, but it definitely is there. This one I had experimented a lot with colors and shapes and the dynamics between the two. I like very sharp look that it has and the drawing of shakespeare. I was going to do something more photorealistics but I happily opted out for something my stylized and warp. It definitely steered a path in sticking meaning in wordless imaged, which I have become accustomed to by making political cartoons revolving around replacing breasts with food Surprised

This piece was a good self portrait. It was interesting to dress up and try to mimic the photo. My original intention was just to post the photo as is but I'm glad I got to play around with mutating colors and sharpening the image to match the painting. I take selfies but have a religious vestigial aversion to looking at mirrors too long or taking pictures of myself, so this pic and class certainly loosened that a bit. General changing of shape, editing things out, editing things in, and colors were experimnted with a lot.

The original painting was impressionistic, and I really wanted to take that quality and blur and pixel it to make it blurry and abstracted yet sharp. The lettering was to stand out among the puddled painting, with a  mist of color, definitely a strong one I feel, visually. I just find it visually minimal yet rather impressive, like the shakespeare one.

Style goes to the shakespeare piece, visual goes to the IJK poster, technical prowess goes to the self portrait.

Last edited by yasminthomas on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

yasminthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top