Final Exam: due on day of finals

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Final Exam: due on day of finals

Post  calebrose22 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:02 pm

My art is showing that the new movie Jurassic world that is coming out. †But this is also showing that the thing is basically for the people see the dinosaurs that they have saved before extinction. †The background is showing what climate these creatures live in on the island but also where they lived before the humans saved them. †This was mostly all done in pen tool and that's hoe †I made the logo, the dinosaur, and the entire background, the only thing not done in pen tool is the grass line which was the painting tool.

This art is my cousin Collin who I did the pen tool on the whole picture by the color of all of the photo. †There are a bunch of different colors on it by the shading making it dark or light. †The background is in a room while it was dark in there but the person showed up brighter than the background. †This shows the color of a some people by the shading.

This is a picture of a turtle with mainly its shell with a certain design to show the patterns you can on items and creatures through out the world. †The background is shown the environment that a turtle lives in which is by the water. †The pattern is shown on the shell because it's where the pattern shows up and that's another point of the art is what have unique patterns on them. †This was all done with the pencil tool by trying to evenly match the patterns in the photo.
calebrose22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy M on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:46 pm

1.The image conveyed the painting i was trying to remake
2.The background was pretty neutral colors (black and grey). The background does go along with picture because the picture is in gray-scale and the background is also black and grey.
3.Yes, I took the picture myself and make the background.
4.The concept i think is original
5.The two colors i use conveyed mystery to me. I am not sure if the original painting was trying to convey, but that's what i think it conveys.
6.I used my phone to take the photography and i used brush tool and the smudge tool to make the background.

1.The image conveyed to stop gun violence around america.
2.The background is a neutral color. The background goes with image since the gun was dark grey and the red circle and writing.
3.Yes,The design was my own work
4.I would say the idea is pretty cliche. Everyone want peace and that what it really conveys.
5.The design conveys everything about the image
6.I mostly used the pen tool for the design. I used the brush tool for the circle. The n i used the pen tool for the gun and the cross over the circle. Then obviously i used the typing tool for the typed part.

1.The image conveyed how many trees are cut down every year in the U.S
2.The background is neutral colors since its black and grey.
3.Yes, The design is my own work and idea.
4.I think the idea is different because no one thinks about how many trees the U.S cuts down every year.
5.The design really doesn't convey the plot of the image
6.I used photography for the tree and then the brush tool to color the tree. Then i used the brush and smudge tool for the background. I used the burn, dodge, and brush tool to make the moon.
Lindy M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GriffinH on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:19 am

I set this photo up to try to bring into light the lack of concern that is growing on everyone in our society today, as well as the encroachment of modernization into the wilderness that is so quickly declining. From the ground up, the colors continue to dull and fade, creating a contrast of beauty and death.

After watching a few space design tutorials, i was able to create this, entirely from scratch in photoshop (100% from scratch). The lens flare indicating a large star acting as the sol (solar system/ sol=sun) in this area of the universe, casting a large deep shadow on the far side of the planet. The gasses circulating and storming on the planet create an interesting visual effect and contrast

This edit of my friend Marina was aimed to create a comic book effect on the picture and give it a textured/ drawn look. It took me a long time to perfect the filter combinations as well as the effects. Entirely my own work. Mostly meant to say that for a large part of the population, most of our personalities are just a guise to hide behind, and although its scary to put yourself out there, not everyone does.
GriffinH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haley Newton:) on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:25 am

Haley Newton:) wrote:
Haley Newton:) wrote:Picture #1- Monochromatic Photo. study

1. What is the image intended to convey Question
In this photo I was trying to create a wonderland scenery flower , the color scheme for this photo came out really well, giving it a dramatic visionary look. I positioned myself in this photo to give a wonder-less feeling. What inspired me to create this piece is I was going toward a original look, I wanted it to be a explosive bright venturesome piece.

2. Are the images in it all your own creative work Question
This photo was taken place in the backyard of my house, I was sitting on top of a bench, underneath a tree. The sun was going down creating a luxuriant look sunny . This was all original work. ExclamationExclamation

6. What creative techniques did you use Question
Some of the additional effects added to this photo was some tweaks on the contrast, brightness and some blending tools on Photo Shop.

Picture #2- Revisiting a historical painting. farao

1. What is the image intended to convey. Question

In this photo I was trying recreate:idea: †the scene by inserting myself into the image in place of the lady in the original photo. Instead of completely following the design of the photo, I decided to to recreate this photo of myself in a different scenery, but keeping the originality of the photo strong. I created my own version of the "Miss Dior" Bag:P , with a slight different design. But overall this photo came out the way I wanted it to... I believe keeping originality in my photo's are important. Exclamation

2. How do colors, com-positional decisions, props and techniques used convey meaning Question

I believe that my idea of using the flower bush, in the background created a essence of exquisite work. I also chose a darker dress, I had this idea of the blending of colors would work well, I believe if i would of used the brighter pink color it would override the stimulating background.

May of 2013, my father Eric Newton was diagnosed with stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer, over this last year of 2014 the cancer had defeated my dad. January of 2015 my dad had passed away.
In this project you were asking us to insure what are best qualities were and what possess are true identity.....
Watching my dad suffer and seeing how he didn't let such a huge impact on his life and his ability to do things to live the rest of his life in happiness and didn't let the cancer take his happiness away, from what it already had taken. Watching my dad be so strong has made me want to stand strong for him. I believe my true identity reflects of my dad because I wasn't to sure what life was going to be without him. I wasn't really up for anything, nothing seemed to make sense without my dad. The day before my father passed, he told me that he was proud of the young lady I have become and that his daughter's represent him in every way possible. "Stand strong for me lady's, as I stand strong for you."

So i simple Simple stand Strong.... My true identity shines through you dad. I <3 U...

Reused this paragraph just explains it right to the point.!!! ^^^^^

The techniques I used on this photo was a blending and fading tool, also using some contrast tweaks.

Haley Newton:)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CatFlynn1 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:34 pm

1. I liked how i could redo an entire picture by using the pen tool and making it look more animated than real. It took me multiple class periods to do, and starting in December I finally finished this piece last week. I intended to convey how much detail goes into one music group, but using the pen tool and how long that took to finish just like it takes artists a long time to finish their music. the background is pretty neutral, but they all blend together a bit, which was past of the artistic take. The images were a photograph i got off of an album cover. The colors all convey part of the song that is in the album, I think. It is a photograph taken from the music video. I think this was an original concept.

2. i used the eraser tool and color adjustments to make different shades and colors in a black and white photo that I took at my house. This is all my own work. I wasn't trying to convey a message, it was more to take a trippy look at an otherwise normal and calm picture. The concept seems pretty original to me, but I can see how a bunch of other people would do the same thing to multiple pictures. Maybe it is a cliche.

3. I used a highlighter tool for this, making parts fo my face stand out in a lighter color, and shading in the rest of the body as solid. I think when people look at you the first thing they notice is your face. Eyes, hair, expression, so i took a bunch of pictures of myself with different expressions and poses and overlapped them, also kind of hinting at mental disorders and being bipolar. Like theres a bunch of voices in your head and they're all telling you something different. I can say that this is all my own artwork. They stand out from the solid background on purpose, so you get the point more easily. I think this concept was very original, especially because it had meaning behind it, personal and somethign that others can definetely relate to.

CatFlynn1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  douglas on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:10 am

not really a reason for the first one just the fact that youer toaster might come from space

the second is kind is that we all have a dark side telling us to go burn someones house down

the third is like a karma thing u stab the little dude with a needle so now he stab you with a needle

all of the work is original the background is neutral on all three the colors on the first two are kinda flat i guess is the word †not really bright but not dull and boring the third has some bright colors that make it pop a little more give it some more character on its own all of the the work is my own creativity

Last edited by douglas on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:01 am; edited 2 times in total

douglas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meshap on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:27 am

meshap wrote:

This is probably my favorite project that I completed because it has a lot of meaning behind it and even though it doesn't look like it this picture took a lot of time and a lot of editing and its very special to me.The picture is clearly stating that the one girl is left out and it means that's she's been abandoned. The background for this is very neutral even though they are just some lockers you can't really tell, also i believe i could have done better on blending but this is still my favorite picture.

This photo to me took a lot of time to do, more than I thought it would. I took some of my classmates and made the4m look like they were looking at real fireworks. Also I think its very creative, original, and very colorful.The blackish background keeps all of the attention on the art and people in the picture. †I personally believe that i stepped out of the box with this one.

This last one was not only done more than once but took a while to think of. It may not seem like much but to me its very creative. The floral pattern gives a sense of peace & happiness and the colors go perfectly with her hair.Although the background isn't the best as you can see there are people in the background, but since the image is so large it automatically gets your attention towards the hair.

meshap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandon M on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:51 am

these images are all of my own creative talent, the first two are pictures i took
the first one i took a picture of me in a sombrero and i painted on a mustache, it was for my false identity in the photo i am a Mexican mariachi member named Pedro Ricardo Manyano Rodriguez this is my original work.the colors in this photo contribute to each other because its really just a gray scale filter. i used an iPhone 5s and Photoshop to paint the mustache
the second one i was outside and i really loved how the clouds looked and when i took the picture the clouds were blocking the sun causing that cool shine it shows that nature is beautiful especially when something destructive may be on the horizon. i really didn't have a reason to take it i just thought it looked nice this photo is my original. all of the colors contribute to each other,they are naturally there. i used an iPhone 6 plus to take the photo the i took it to Photoshop and sharpened it
the third one is a picture i drew and i have been working on it almost all semester, it is an advertisement for a beat box battle that i just made up i came up with the name myself.the background was gonna be an abstract of different shapes and colors like red,grey black, and white
this image was from the strange place you may refer to as a brain i was just watching beatbox videos and started sketching i looked at a few photos for proportions it is my original piece all the colors match contributing to the image i used photoshop and i used the drawing tablet farao farao

Last edited by Brandon M on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Brandon M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noahh on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:06 am

this is titled "stalked" it conveys that uncertain feeling that you're being watched by someone or something
what i love in this is the uncomfortable feeling and all around fear and that completely fits the mood
the grainy look also complements the sensation of paranoia

say goodbye
as we dance with the devil tonight
don't you dare look at him in the eye
as we dance with the devil tonight

this work is simply titled "devil" and its just that a picture of the devil
however the shading and emotion behind this is more than impressive
the entire work is red the color of hate or anger
there's no real deep meaning to this i just really like how this turned out

this is called " to the moon" and the picture speaks for itself
its a journey to someplace new all the twist and turns †the entire adventure is all summed up in this picture
how going to this unexplored place can be mysterious and exciting but also odd and frightful this really works in my favor
the monochromatic is perfect for this piece showing how the emotions you feel are quite literally black and white

Last edited by noahh on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total
noahh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dymond on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:11 am

" />

This was a piece for the True Identities assignment and is suppose to represent my name. I purposelly chose a light purple background to insure that you wouldn't be distracted from the main point of the photo. This photo was taken by me. And I believe this to be a very original concept. I chose the purple background not only because it wasn't distracting but because the main colors are blue and purple. The diamond on my chest is blue and is meant to represent me. I also did i few Photoshop touch ups to extend the wall, for a more even background.

" />

This was for the Evening of the Arts cover. I used a rather plain background partly because I was rushed for time and partly because I wanted it simple. Yes, this all my work. Yes, this is an original concept. I used purple, red, orange and yellow because those are colors of the sunset and it took place in the evening. This was all done in photoshop. I drew it in photoshop and used a few other techniques in photoshop.

[url=]

This photo was for the False Identities project. The background is lightly colored. Yes this photo was taken by me. The picture is based on a few cliches but I like that because it was my "False" identity and since I'm original I wanted this to be basic. I made it grey scale to add a bit of "oldness." This piece is primarily photography.
Dymond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

elliot

Post  eblakebighero on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:13 am

For this one i use the transform and i brighten up the colors a little bit.

Last edited by eblakebighero on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total

eblakebighero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

elliot

Post  eblakebighero on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:14 am

here i took a photo of my comic book and add a picture of a hand to act like he is finishing writing the story

Last edited by eblakebighero on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:24 am; edited 2 times in total

eblakebighero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

elliot

Post  eblakebighero on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:16 am

this one i took a photo of myself and a photo of a video game i play and act like i was in the video game myself

Last edited by eblakebighero on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

eblakebighero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob;-; on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:19 am

i did this so that i could pass the project but i grew to like it it shows my friend brandon being taken apart like a robot †
\

this photo is also of my friend brandon it was a extra from the false identites project i a proud of this because it makes him look like an evil master mind

this is a picture of one of my friends eye its brys her eyes are blue so i thought they would look great in a photo i used one and played with the photo for a while trying my best to make it look even better im proud of this photo because it shows me im getting better at this ^^
jacob;-;

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cierra on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:42 am

† †

This piece was just a small piece i decided to work on for free time, but i actually like it. I wanted to see how different i could make her look, and I think I did pretty well with blending and making it look as if she was frowning instead of the original smile she had. The purpose of this piece was just for me to expand my Photoshop skills, and see what else i could do with different tools. For this picture i used the liquify tool a lot, the healing brush, and the pen tool.

I believe that this was one of my best pieces, and i loved the whole concept of this project, This piece was also just to expand my Photoshop skills , and see what things i could do. I admit i could've did better with the background and certain spots. Overall i really love the detail in this piece. This is the first time i used the pen tool, and I was really impressed on what i could do. I was proud to say this was my original work.

When i first started this piece it was going to be a poster, but i had made up a slogan that i couldn't really portray without it moving. At the time i hadn't done many animations because i had forgot, but i took this as an opportunity to expand my skills once again. So i made my picture come to life, and i think i did a pretty good job for my first real animation. Its not much going on, but its good enough for me. I took these pictures for our patterns project, and i wanted to do something else with. I made many versions of this projects, but this was the best so far. I am also proud to call this my original piece.

Cierra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  edward.j on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:56 am

This was about creating your own business card and show what you should have on it for promoting your business to where people can be able to contact you. All of it was my own creative work and the background I think is contributing to the image. I think that because the purple and black background looks nice with the orange pumpkin on the business card.

I think that this in some way can represent the way someoneís different personalities come together to make the person who they are, like how the one in the middle gets effected by the ones surrounded by it and as it crossover into the middle one the colors change and kind of show how the personality mix into that person. The background donít contribute to the picture and it doesnít take away from the picture either but the images in the picture are my own creative work.

I think the image was intended to show how you see yourself by using your creativity to show your personality by the colors you choose and the way the letters are made. So I have I guess a colorful background to show that Iím a positive person while the letters represent that I can be shy but when I get to know you Iíll open up and be myself.
edward.j

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adrianadurnell on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:44 am

1. What is the image intended to convey? (Artist's statement about the purpose of the piece)
2. Is the entire composition created with a sense of purpose? (Is the background contributing to the image, detracting from it, or neutral?)
3. Are the images in it all your own creative work?
4. Does it rely on cliches or are the concepts original?
5. How do colors, compositional decisions, props and techniques used convey meaning?
6. What creative techniques did you use?

This poster is presenting a band performing a concert. The purpose is to desplay a band's logo which i remade to inform of a future event. The logo idea is a copy of the original logo the band used as a album cover. Though it relies on that cliche the concept itself is more original. The black background with stars helps fill negative space, and leads your main focus to the bright pink. The bright pink adresses the band. The dim blue and purple adress information. Layering and using the oval shaper was used.

This is my friend at Dairy Queen. It's original. The purpose it to be more random. The hot fries eyebrow and the bag of cookies show that. Considering Dairy Queen doesn't sell those. I used the easer and filles ibn what i erased with the fries and cookies.

A tribute to The Nightmare Before Christmas. It was Christmas day so I thought it was a good idea. To protray Jack the skeleton I did my make-up differently. I used lighting to adjust the background.

adrianadurnell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zachw4lker on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:02 am

1. What is the image intended to convey? (no.1) Well I believe this picture describes my love for the forest and the trees in it.
no.2 shows a very detailed spider web
no.3 depicts the cost of cigarettes this piece was not my most proud work but I feel as if it fit well with the other 2, this photos' filters and contrast are highly tampered with but that's exactly what I wanted.
2. Is the entire composition created with a sense of purpose? The purpose is more of just an aesthetic moment.
3. Are the images in it all your own creative work? Yes, all pictures in this thread were made or taken by me.
4. Does it rely on cliches or are the concepts original? no.1 is a pretty basic, or cliche picture of some trees but my own so I found originality in it.
no.2 Is very original I've never seen a picture like it.
no.3 was made by me not my idea, but my perceptions and thoughts.
5. How do colors, compositional decisions, props and techniques used convey meaning? no.1 to me conveys dullness or sadness.
no.2 I think practices more of just an aesthetic captured moment.
no.3 is sort of a horrific startle shot and that's why I love it, it has more meaning itself than both of those pictures.
6. What creative techniques did you use? I used my eyes, to be able to see those aesthetic moments and capture them just the way I wanted them.

no. 1 †

no.2

no.3
zachw4lker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maxmassad on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:02 am

this first project was one of the first projects we worked on this year. It means a lot to me because it symbolizes that I have different sides of me. The triangle is an illuminati symbol, but to me it shows that I'm trying to show my best elite side all of the time, but the flashing red eyes that changes at the end of the gif shows that I have a bad side to me as well. This project took me a long time to make, having over 300 layers of the pen tool, then transformed into an animation. I have a lot of pride in this piece. The colors of my hair are defined, every single part of the picture is defined by the pen tool, including the room. This took 2 weeks of effort and quite a few errors in the process.

This is the pattern piece, and I wanted to incorporate medusa. I took a picture of medusa's face and used the pen tool to recreate her image and snake hair. Then took the steps to create the patterns of the snakes that come off of her hair. I took this home with me during the mid winter break, taking more time and effort than I had to. I worked hard on this, and the replication on both sides took effort as well. Medusa is one of my favorite mythological creatures, and incorporating her into a pattern was enjoyable, making this an enjoyable project to work on.

This last assignment has the most meaning to me. All of my life I have had perfect pitch. Perfect pitch is the ability to recognize any note by ear. This being so I tried to show this by me hearing notes and writing what the notes are down on the paper in my hand. This assignment was to show our true selves, and this is who I am and perfect pitch has been a part of my life every single day. I can hear notes at the doctor's office, I can hear the notes of a car alarm, I can hear the notes of people's voices, I can hear the notes of a microwave. Perfect pitch is the most important part of my life and showing how it is a part of my true self gave this assignment meaning.
maxmassad

View user profile http://stalkmeidareyou.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiffany M on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:25 am

Night of the Arts Program
This piece is meant to convey the beauty of the night of the arts. The background is supposed to not only symbolize the stars in the night sky but also the people that watch the stars in the crowd. The two people themselves are meant to show the diversity of each of our students here at AAW. In this photo, everything was drawn by me, except for the AAW logo. I suppose that a few cliches were used in this piece, but most of the concepts shown here were of my own creations. In order to create the two characters, I hand drew on a piece of paper. They were colored with colored pencils. Then, I scanned the two on to the computer and opened them up on Photoshop. There i went to work editing and adding effects and backgrounds. I tried my best to make it seem as though they were merely apart of the picture, and not just copy and pasted on.

Creature me
There is no real meaning behind this piece. But if I were to pick SOMETHING, it would probably be... That on the inside and out, I can be a pretty silly creature at times. Almost like a cartoon character. The only sense of "purpose" in this picture would probably be to make things as silly as i possibly could. All the images in this picture were of my own creation. They were really fun to make. I would like to say that the concept is original, but i did base the design on old Disney cartoons. I used different colors that are not on my actual to show the extreme contrast between the piece and I. For example, In real life i do not have large blue eyes and purple eye shadow. In real life I have average sized brown eyes.In order to create this photo I took a picture of my self doing a silly face. When i opened the picture on photo shop, I began to edit and play around with it a bit as i used the smudge tool in a few places. After that was done, I went about and added coloring in different places like my eyes and cheeks. when i began to add the silly stuff i want to make sure that it looked as "Realistic" as possible.

Squiggle dance
(this is actually a animation! Go here to view it in it's entirety http://gifmaker.cc/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2015061620B3llOZ8bm5NNVn4dJn40Qg&file=output_wct9Mj.gif)
This piece was drawn for a fellow classmate's pet rock project. The image is intended to convey a bright happy dancey feeling. It's composition is supposed to be based off of a happy go lucky Jpop music video. I animated every single detail of each frame. The whole gif itself is meant to be a cliche. †The super peppy happiness that you may sense in this piece is not very uncommon in many animes.
The light colors are meant to give the picture a nice light heart feeling. This picture would have a very different vibe if i used darker colors.
In order to create it i had draw the dancing and such step by step in sketch form. After i was sure that i was please with how the sketch came out. I outlined each frame. When i was sure the outlines were done, I went back and colored everything. I completed the background and a few things in the foreground, and then it was done.

Tiffany M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adiya J on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:27 am

For this piece, I tried to convey how its okay to be yourself and you don't need to hide no matter what. This piece was mainly talking about how people show one half of themselves but keep the other a secret. I wanted this piece to have a painting on canvas feeling to it. The background gives the drawing a lighter feel along with the floral/earthy colors. This gave the piece a happier feeling. The entire drawing is my own creation. For this, I used one of my own characters who I use to portray myself. I tried to keep this as original as possible, keeping the mind set of an inspirational poster or ad. The colors give the piece a light happy mood while giving the viewer an inspirational text. The character shows to viewer they can be themselves. For this I used the default brush tool with a few modifications to settings.

For this piece, I didn't try to convey anything. I wanted to try and remake a photo using Photoshop tools. The piece was never finished but the black background adds emphasis onto her face and bring out some of the smaller details like in the eye. For this piece I used a reference photo. The colors give the piece a neutral feeling with a sharp edge because of the background. I used the pen tool to create this piece.

For this piece, I tried to convey a chill whimsical feeling. This piece I tried to give it a chill calm feeling which would hopefully make the music more calming to the listener. The entire piece is my own work and character. For this I tried to make it very mystical so I used another one of my characters. The concept mainly rely on a enchanted whimsy world. I used the pen tool, default brush tool, and blend tool.
Adiya J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Three Best of the Rest.

Post  AshijaUnholey on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:53 am

" />

What I tried to show with ďStary Darling was to show a universe of stars inside a dress, meaning Stary is keeping things in balance with her dress, but really, itís just a dress with a lot of stars, but itís fun to think that her dress was created for her to keep the universe in check. The background is nothing, because I spend so much time on her dress, so I guess you could say her dress is like the background of this picture. Yep, all of Stary Darling existence is because of me. Stary Darling was an idea I had because I wanted to make someone with a long dress, and I guess I give myself the challenge of drawing the stars on her dress. At first I just drew the dress and added blue in, then the universe just flew into her dress. What I did was just put a lot of stars in, and this is just the uncompleted version of her.

" />

My love for Earthbound was much because this started out to be a normal girl with bowlcut hair, but then it became Jeff Andonuts, with a Prince Pu (Poo is the real name of the Prince, just look up Earthbound, heís there.) on his shoulder, Ness, the chosen boy, in a girl outfit, regretting his decision on letting Paula Polestar dress him up like this. The background is just blank, super white out. The idea of Jeff and Ness in dresses was my idea, but all the characters are from Earthbound, or Mother 2, and that was made by Itoi. I just drew them to the best way I could. There is no color and will be no color. I just drew them to the best of my ability.

" />

Really, Yo-Chan was a random drawing and just ended up looking PK Rockiní. Yo-Chan is supposed to represent a party hard life, but the background just makes it look like sheís partying in the darkness, that or she looks like she has some parts of her floating magically, which PK Rockiní as well. Yo-Chan, as I said before was a character I created, so she is my idea. Again, Yo-Chan was my idea, so no other ideas other nightlife parties. I started just coloring her with colors I thought that would cool on her, but her hair wasÖsomething else. I donít thing I did anything special other than somehow making her body look like it was not attached to each other by making the background black and drawing her with the color black.
AshijaUnholey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dutch.s. on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:57 am

I was trying to make a zebra pattern but this came out instead.

This was my layout of the 4th annual evening of the arts cover.

I don't remember what this was from but it was just a numpad from a keyboard spun at 30 degrees.
dutch.s.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sarahj on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:07 am

This piece conveys the message that, even though everyone else is being loud and obnoxious, you can be quiet, and solemn. The purpose of this piece was to encourage the quieter audiences to stay quiet, and that it's completely okay.
The whole poster symbolizes the typical group of people or friends, with the one 'odd person out' because they choose to be quiet. This also emphasizes me as a person, and was designed to motivate others the same way. Like all creations for this class, I used photoshop, but for this piece in particular, I used the blur tool, sharpen tool, and the text tool. I kept the image very simple, and made sure the colors were matching and helped with the organization of the piece. Though, the layout seems a bit cliche, seeing as a lot of magazines and adds have used the techniques I have.

This piece has no meaning. I was instructed to make a pattern, and then give a symbol, emphasizing said pattern. I used curls for the pattern, and added random things like scales and little designs, just to give it a different look. While the swirls may have been cliche, the things added bring me away from that. After creating the pattern, I realized how close this piece looked to the ocean, and decided to go with that theme. Adding tentacles and bubbles to mix in with the pattern as well as emphasizing it. I used the paint tool for most of this project, to give it a mysterious water look and to blend it with the pattern behind it. I think I could've done better, with a little more time.

This piece was my most favorite this year. It carries the message of who I really am outside of school. The lazy, comfortable, girl, who lays around on her carpet, drawing all day and attempting to make, in the best way she can, beautiful pieces of art. Art surrounds me, I love it. If it didn't exist, I wouldn't either. This piece, to me, really shows this. This was my original idea, and I was careful not to scatter my pictures(yes, all of those pictures were done by me) randomly, and instead, had them trace my body shape. I do not feel that this idea was, even in the slightest, cliche. Though, I still think I could've done better. Other than organize the picture, I also edited it so that the subject is both myself and my art. Giving the message that this picture, is very much, 'My True Identity'.
sarahj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:03 pm

Grades are done!
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content