Assignment 38: Good and bad poster design comparison due 6/3

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Assignment 38: Good and bad poster design comparison due 6/3

Post  meshap on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:59 am

i personally like this movie but the poster for this is all wrong. Even though this was in the 1980s the picture is still terrible. It looks like the creator just took a picture and put a filter on it much like an armature would do. But if you're being paid tons of money to make a poster then i believe that you can put in much more detail than that.

meshap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sarahj on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:31 pm

This is a good poster, in my opinion, because of it's simplicity. It doesn't take a lot of words to say something. Especially, when the message is portrayed through a picture. The colors blend well, the yellow accenting the black and the white lettering is set there just to help the message but not to take your eye off the main point. It is also very loud, as well as subtle.

This is a bad poster, in my opinion, because of all the crazy colors that blend, but not in a way for a poster. The lettering is weird, also, the subject 'a midsummer's night's dream' should be symbolized in some way, so that viewers would recognize it better. The smiley face is pointless, and the poster looks a bit like it would be more suitable for advertising a gathering of flower children of the 70's, rather than a young people's play.
sarahj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dominiquenicole on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:33 pm

dominiquenicole wrote:
Good: This is the good movie poster because it contains a striking contrast between the bright red petals and the dim, somber background and model. It doesn't have too much going on, but still tells you what it's about in a creative way. -Brys

Bad: It's a bad movie poster because the picture is dark. It doesn't have much color to it. I believe that the poster needs to be more vivid  in order to attract the audience. The words at the bottom are really small. It's hard to read some parts of the poster. It doesn't really show what the movie is about. If someone was to look at this poster,they would probably be so lost that they wouldn't want to see the movie. -Dominique Bonds

dominiquenicole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  amberc on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:37 pm

This is an example of a bad poster because the colors do not mix well together, it gives it an overwhelming and chaotic appearance to it. Also, the boy's face is looking blurry or distorted in places so it gives it a rushed appearance.

I consider this a good poster(s) because its appealing and neat looking. It uses identifiable characters from each film as a silhouette and having the setting inside the silhouette. The title and style of the font is identifiable and does not take away from the poster, it adds character to it.

amberc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiffany M on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:37 pm

Bad Poster

Good poster

why the bad poster is bad.
There just doesn't seem to be that much creativity. The font is pretty boring and all together everything just looks kind of bland could honestly be pieced together in maybe 5 minutes at the most. The colors used don't really stick out. and the stock photo of the man on the front isn't very original. Heck the stock photo it's self seems like it was just copied and pasted on the background with no editing done.
Why the good poster is good
The poster is really eye catching it kind of gives you a feel for what the movie shall bring. The dark grittiness is interesting and leaves the viewer curious for what may be in store. The colors really blend together bringing a nice sense of balance to the poster. batman in posted in the right place as well. Everything seems great.

Tiffany M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissyb on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:00 am

bad - I think that its a bad poster design because nothing in centered and the picture, and the words go over the picture, and a lot of things are spelled wrong and the picture isn't like cropped to get the thing on the top off, and a lot of things that don't need to be capitalized are capitalized, and I don't think that the yellow words and red background look good together.

good - I think that its a good poster design because its like simple and there's not too much stuff going on, and everything's centered and I think that it looks good

chrissyb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Giovanni on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:58 pm

Good Poster- To me this is a good poster because it's colorful and its cluttered and i like how they made some parts difefrent colors. Like different contrast on the poster. I Like how they made his hand lighter then his face.

Bad Poster- To me this is a bad poster because its so plain it doesn't have any type on contrast or any excitement to it. It's pretty boring to me. Then its just three basic colors they didn't be creative with this poster.
Giovanni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AshijaUnholey on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:50 pm

" />

This was being worked on instead of the assignment.
AshijaUnholey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyenneb on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:36 pm

This poster is clearly very bad. Andrew's what? What are scutters? Stocks is spelt wrong. It's unattractive.

This poster is very nice. It is clear with the date and clear with who is showing. Its artsy and makes you want to look at it for a moment.

cheyenneb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyenneb on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:08 pm

cheyenneb wrote:
This poster is clearly very bad. Andrew's what? What are scutters? Stocks is spelt wrong. It's unattractive.

This poster is very nice. It is clear with the date and clear with who is showing. Its artsy and makes you want to look at it for a moment.

bad poster: very simple, but not specific, without any information. Not eye catching, no images

Good poster: warm artsy design, clear information in a fun and big font. The orange bear stands out against the cooler, darker background comfortably.

cheyenneb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:39 am

Grades are in for this.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content