Assignment 3: Yearbook Cover Drafts - Due Tues Sep 22

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 3: Yearbook Cover Drafts - Due Tues Sep 22

Post  Admin on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Design your dream yearbook cover for AAW. You must include "Arts Academy in the Woods," and "2015-2016" somewhere in your design. You can incorporate additional typography, graphics, and/or photography. Make sure to also include words on the spine of the book. I understand at this point the design might be an unfinished draft (for example, with stick figures representing where a photo would be placed).

Include a description in your post that explains what you want to communicate about our school with your design.

Objectives:
Learning to design to a client's specifications/using a template.
Using design as a form of communication.
Explaining your design concept.

Post these up as jpgs. 600 pixels wide should work for making sure the entire image shows up in the forum.

2 points: Concept: originality and aesthetics (color scheme, memorable eye catching design - more than just slapping a giant logo on the front.)
1 point - Formatting: Use the template to make sure your file is the correct size. Think about what will be the front cover when it is folded. Avoid wrapping titles or captions from the back to the front.
1 point: typography and layout (margins, readability, having the text on the spine, etc.)

Last edited by Admin on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 3: Yearbook Cover Drafts - Due Tues Sep 22

Post  BaileyM on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Now this is VERY rough the colors,font and there will be a finished picture just thats there for now as a placeholder.

Now this was really exciting to make,the reason why I inserted a dragon is because there's many types,variety, and very magical fantasy like.But with this dragon Its going to be the symbol of all the genders/sexualitys here at the school  all the scales ( you cant see much due to the crappy image) will have different flags in each scale. I putted also a artsy sort of hat because why not, also the tail holds a pencil and a paint brush kinda symbolism the academics and artsy side of the school. This was based on the "unusual hoards" dragon photo sets by a artist. But I decided to put in all the arts ( im still trying to incorporate all the arts because none should be left out). (some of it is cropped but there's a easel,sheet music,piano and a sculpture). This includes why some people love this school. The dragon i feel like is smiling because its loves the arts and the academics along with loving to sleep.
The "dragon" will have a name soon enough.

I realized i need to find a better font and placement for the spine also i didnt know if the back had to be done or anything its really underdeveloped in a way but i hope its okay
BaileyM

View user profile http://orgin8.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brys W on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:41 am

My yearbook cover has a 70's designed theme because the 70's were a time of different culture and art style, which is what we aim for at AAW. So far I have music and dance, but I'll include the other arts we offer here soon enough.
Brys W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  David E on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:54 am

In my yearbook cover, the main thing is beams of light coming down. I also showcase some arts in the school, which i will add more of. Right now, I have a paintbrush and a music note, which I will make better. I will add other arts that we have to offer, however. I might take away the outer glow on the beams of light , I am not completely sure yet. Also, the white text looks kind of out of place, I will fix that.
David E

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jacob;-; on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:03 am

i don't expect to get the cover to get any praise but it is the words on it i want to get on there sorry if bad grammar it is only a rough draft until i know if it will get to be on the year book
jacob;-;

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dominiquenicole on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:03 am

The colors are bright and the font is basic.
I drew hearts because this school is more accepting than other schools. It's okay to be different. You can get more into art at Arts Academy In the Woods.

dominiquenicole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh.B on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:09 am

I going to do a Graffiti cover the color will change. Also I might change the style of the lettering
Josh.B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Megan_S on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:52 pm

I decided to do a night and day theme for the yearbook. Just like the sentence placed in the moon, I want to show how bight the art shines at our school!
Megan_S

View user profile http://megasourusrex.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LucusM on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:59 pm

This is a very rushed sketch of what my idea of my yearbook will look like. The theme of it is to have AAW represented as a play; complete with a stage and canvas for the cover with the AAW logo and a backstage scene on the back cover with props to represent the other arts. I've been tossing a few ideas around, so I dont have too much done yet... but I made some nice curtains so far! Very Happy
LucusM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EmmaFrasier on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:11 pm

Just the concept for what I am going to actually do. The women represents a free spirit to encourage people to think openly.
EmmaFrasier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  yasminthomas on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Just a simple concept art to display the joviality of the school. The sunset and trees and flowers are set to capture a lean and light mood that I think is very characteristic of AAW. The color scheme is of dark beiges and almost gray greens and light yellows and salmon to give a light and carefree feel. School is school, but out of all schools, AAW is not a particularly stressful one to be completely honest.

yasminthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  calebrose22 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:34 pm

calebrose22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine J on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:42 am

For the yearbook cover design I want to make sure there is a lot of color. I chose doing a stain glass look, which I might add gradient to, because I thought it would give the artsy look I am looking for. I made black the background to make sure it is not too feminine like. Also, I will be incorporating the school's logo and maybe a small column for photos on the front cover.
Jasmine J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiffany M on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:00 pm

Tiffany M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sarahj on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:32 pm

for this i decided to use actual paint and charcoal and color pencil to illustrate what AAW means/feels/looks like to me.
I still haven't figured out what to do with the back cover yet.
sarahj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bhayes on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:41 pm

" />

bhayes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy M on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:22 pm

Lindy M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Megan_S on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Megan_S wrote:

I decided to do a night and day theme for the yearbook. Just like the sentence placed in the moon, I want to show how bight the art shines at our school!

I fixed the formatting for the binding!
Megan_S

View user profile http://megasourusrex.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiffany M on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Tiffany M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GriffinH on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:33 am

Kept the design very simple but still eye catching and memorable.
GriffinH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EmmaFrasier on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:53 pm

EmmaFrasier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BaileyM on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:02 pm

BaileyM wrote:

Now this is VERY rough the colors,font and there will be a finished picture just thats there for now as a placeholder.

Now this was really exciting to make,the reason why I inserted a dragon is because there's many types,variety, and very magical fantasy like.But with this dragon Its going to be the symbol of all the genders/sexualitys here at the school  all the scales ( you cant see much due to the crappy image) will have different flags in each scale. I putted also a artsy sort of hat because why not, also the tail holds a pencil and a paint brush kinda symbolism the academics and artsy side of the school. This was based on the "unusual hoards" dragon photo sets by a artist. But I decided to put in all the arts ( im still trying to incorporate all the arts because none should be left out). (some of it is cropped but there's a easel,sheet music,piano and a sculpture). This includes why some people love this school. The dragon i feel like is smiling because its loves the arts and the academics along with loving to sleep.
The "dragon" will have a name soon enough.

I realized i need to find a better font and placement for the spine also i didnt know if the back had to be done or anything its really underdeveloped in a way but i hope its okay

(NOTE!) its cut off and the exporting was pretty bad but heres what i got so far
BaileyM

View user profile http://orgin8.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bhayes on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:20 pm

[img][/img]

bhayes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ej Dumas on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:49 am

for my idea i decided to fuse colors and what not to create a smoke like effect for the background and made it look to be easy on the eyes since its a rainbow, and since i used black to make it look interesting for the first layer, i used white lettering and recolored the logo to be white and transparent to get the colorfulness into the logo explains "WE ARE A ARTS SCHOOL" on the back cover at a later time will be a picture of the school to make it somewhat traditional looking for a yearbook

Ej Dumas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh.B on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:02 am

I changed the cover to be simplistic and I incorporated different colors to make it less plain
Josh.B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top