Assignment 2: Weekly Update due 9/18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 2: Weekly Update due 9/18

Post  Admin on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:28 am

Part 1. Upload your new work from this week (9/14-9/18). If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Planning:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 2: Weekly Update due 9/18

Post  chelsea1998 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:40 am

Next week, I plan on working on my friends album cover. I'll be using and testing out different techniques and styles based on her personality and who she is as a person. I'm just trying to reflect who she is as a person through my art. So yeah alien alien alien I plan on doing one photo as the cover and the other as the back. She provided me with the photos and I have permission to use them. so yeah Twisted Evil

chelsea1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan a on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:45 am

So this character is nearly finished, I'm really digging the lighting and shading, I'd like to try to add some more visual nuances to this, there are just small things with the lighting that I want to work on. In terms of skills, I've learned how to be more efficient with the blur tool, that's really starting to make my work pop.
jordan a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katieb on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:51 am

I created a background for my animation short
I drew it in firealpaca and edited in photoshop
I have been working on story boards but it is not yet finished yet
I hope to say consist with each frame and be more patient
That is what I need to work on

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaylaMc on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:51 am

This week Ive been drawing headers and icons for my role playing/ask blog . I have improved in drawing digitally. At first I wasnt as good til now. What I need to improve is blending colors for shading, lighting and etc.
A new skill I worked on was the selecting tool. Sometimes the head or eyes were too big and not equal to the others (not to mention it was on the same layer.) So instead of redrawing it I just selected what needed to be re-sized. A new skill I will develop on is using different brushes. To shade and color better

KaylaMc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:52 am

I have a picture selected for my album. Now im creating an effect for it. should be finished buy monday no later then tuesday

clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tedij on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:33 pm

In this week's work, some of the shading was good, but could improve.  This week I was working with on the details of shading and learned how to do faded folds on the shirt.  Next week, I plan to continue working on shading, and maybe add a bit more detain into the picture to make it more real.
tedij

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:38 pm

1) I have taken, and done editing on many photos, improved my Senior Project ideas, and spoken with fellow Senior Project student Jack Thomas about places where we could host an art show. The best bet at the moment is this quaint little Starbucks in Grosse Pointe.

On to the photography!

I have more, but I'll save the forum from the wrath of my hard drive.

2) This week went well in my opinion, I took plenty of photos, and I have collected supplies to take photos for this weekend. While motion photography is going well, I would still like to learn of more places where people congregate in large droves in Detroit; all Eastern Market/Cons would be repetitive.

3) During this week I improved my editing, technique, and interview skills. I also looked for places to get book publishing, art shows, and places to print out the advertisements. I have also been looking into underwater, and aerial photography (see Senior Project, assignment 3).

4) Collect street photography photos over the weekend, get more pictures of water, work with the manager at Starbucks to secure a date for the show, and collect some of the supplies for the long exposure photography shoot in October.

Picture day is the 21st!
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:24 pm

" />

" />

I created these two promotional gifs using After Effects and Photoshop for my upcoming short film "Fountain of Youth." I apologize for their asymmetry, if you click on them you should be able to see their full size.

Part 2. I think I was able to create two pretty cool, aesthetically pleasing pieces. I'm pretty satisfied with how they came out (they're finished now) and I was able to do it through receiving critiques and making changes.

Part 3. I learned how to draw a fountain in Photoshop using strokes with oval marquees. I was able to sort of teach myself how to do it while looking at pictures of fountains as well as fountain logos (I didn't steal the design from anyone).

Part 4. Next week I hope to work on motion graphics skills in After Effects, particularly typography

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Hill on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:33 am

Thomas Hill wrote:So I was confused about what exactly I was supposed to do so I'm only uploading the things I did during class time, during this week and last, some things are finished, others are still in progress.

Worked on putting a tattoo on a body (not finished, want to add more)

I like this but I might redo because the lines look to thick.

Just some photoshop to try to improve the picture (Still working on)

What worked well this week was focusing on my creativity and trying to really get my concept down. Something I would change is my lines for my grime photo so that they look way more steady and clean.

Some new skills I worked on was my lines and trying to make the my photo of the tattoo look realistic.

Next week I'm going to work more on just photo design and since it's nearing October I'm going to do some Halloween themed Photoshop ideas.
Thomas Hill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:19 am

Grades are in.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content