Assignment 3: Weekly Update due 9/25

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 3: Weekly Update due 9/25

Post  Admin on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:32 am

Part 1. Upload your new work from this week. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Planning:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 3: Weekly Update due 9/25

Post  jordan a on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:57 am

The character is finished, it's just trying to set up a better background is what's getting to me. I've been learning more and more about the gradient tool. Either it'll be the gradient or I might design something to make this photo pop.
jordan a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chelsea1998 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:04 am

1: This week, I worked on an edited self portrait of myself. I used an application on my phone for the drawing, and for the multiple transparent/overlapping layers, I used Photoshop.

2: What went well was that I was able to do one this week which usually I'm very slow at doing them. I won't be doing them for class anymore, but I still would like to develop focus and speed so I can get more out in time for the deadline of October, which is when I want to start selling my work.

3: A new skill that I worked on this week would be the overlapping of many transparent layers. I usually only do 2-3 but I did about 6 this time. I had to make sure each layer was at the perfect percent of transparency in order to get the look that I wanted.

4: Next week, I am going to work on a Photoshop tutorial I found here : http://webdesignerwall.com/tutorials/photo-strip-photoshop-tutorial and create a photo strip. I have never done this before. i'm trying to broaden my skills past erasing a background and drawing on someones face.

chelsea1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Hill on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:38 am

1) What worked well was my contrasting for this photo, I really liked the way it turned out. What I would improv on is my of the liquify technique so that you can't see the smudging marks from the nail.

2) Not sure what skills I worked on this week, I guess just working on balancing my contrast skills.

3)Still going to be working on halloween, but I think I'm going to do more work on my next photo, make it really fit a more Halloween themed.
Thomas Hill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaylaMc on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:59 am

I just finished the header and Ive improved in the blending tool and smudge tool.
A new skill I developed was basically the blending tool. What I need to improve in is mixing and blending the colors for shading.
KaylaMc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:11 pm

clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tedij on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm

I have slightly improved on the shading and lighting of objects.  I have used a pattern overlay for the table and used the smudge tool to add more lighting/shading.  Next week I plan to come up with simple and fun/funny concepts for cards.
tedij

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:31 pm

1.)

2.)
The work this week went well, I only wish I was able to work a bit more on the ticket before the submission.

3.)
This week I worked on editing, interviews, and contrast in posters.

4.)
Next week I will finish this up, and work on a cover for my senior project book.
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the first image is 5 secs long

Post  katieb on Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Fix the style a bit and also not be sick for two days so I can't really work on anything
I found a new brush that makes the lines look like paint strokes
I plan to finish story board and continue adding to it
A skill I've acquired is being more patient

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Part 2- I think I was able to make some pretty cool and effective titles. I like how they came out a lot. I'd like to continue to work on them and make more complex animations.

Part 3- I worked on animation in After Effects and learned a bit about how to animate liquid.

Part 4- Next week I hope to continue this title sequence.

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:16 pm

clintonh wrote:

I worked on making a energy ball, something like form naruto. I learned how to use the masks tool more but i dont really like using it. so far i like what i have done and this project it done.
clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:31 am

Grades are in.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content