Assignment 4: Weekly Update due 10/2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 4: Weekly Update due 10/2

Post  Admin on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:23 am

Part 1. Upload your new work from this week. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Planning:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 4: Weekly Update due 10/2

Post  jordan a on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:33 am

So I've finished the character and I've found a gradient type I'm satisfied with, think of this as one of those character sheets typically found in animation. And speaking of animation, that's what I'll be working on next week. Rotoscope animation test. It might take a while.
jordan a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katieb on Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:02 am

My colours and blending worked well this week
Something I could work on is the lighting I'm not very happy with it
I haven't really learned anything new
I also helped some students with their projects in digital imaging one
Planning:
Done with backgrounds for now
Going to move forward with the animation

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:20 am

1.)

2.)
This week I worked in art studio on many senior project pieces, revising my submission for the Fall Ball poster contest, and creating the cover for my senior project as planned. Although I took many hots for senior project, and uploaded the revised versions as jpegs to the flash drive, I am going to post the rest of the images up in senior project section.

3.)
This week I learned more about editing levels on individual layers, folders, downloading brushes without logging into administrator, and solving level problems pertaining file corruption.

4.)
I will edit, and capture motion photography images, and edit them.
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaylaMc on Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:51 am

I have been working on drawing digitally and working on my coloring. Well Ive been drawing Sora alot because its for icons, and headers i want to do in the future. Im also doing a Halloween project with the two drawings at the top.

KaylaMc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:27 pm

Part 2.Self-critique: I like the color schemes I made on both of these pieces. I'd like the design of the grey one to be a bit more complex perhaps. I feel like it's lacking something.

Part 3. I learned some new filters and how to create a circle pattern using the action key.

Planning:

Part 4. Next week I'd like to work on more complex animation in After Effects

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katieb on Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:48 pm

katieb wrote:
My colours and blending worked well this week
Something I could work on is the lighting I'm not very happy with it
I haven't really learned anything new
I also helped some students with their projects in digital imaging one
Planning:
Done with backgrounds for now
Going to move forward with the animation
Here's wip

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chelsea1998 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:29 am

Part 1.

Reflecting:

Part 2. What worked well was me being able to warp better than I thought I would be able to. My downfall was how much practice it took to not only warp correctly, but also to make the ribbon shape its self. I literally had to redo it so many times.

Part 3. Warping and making specific, intricate shapes with the pen tool.

Part 4. This week I want to finish my photo strip. I will be working on * shading, shadows, lighting, coloring, E.T.C to add that pro touch. cat

chelsea1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ej Dumas on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:08 am

Part I:

Part II:
i'd like to improve in learning to draw with my mouse, so i dont have to spend money on a tablet, so i can freehand draw if id like on the pc for projects and stuff, id also like to further use the blend tood for leaning how to do a sceane with a blurred out backround.... for my critqueing i feel that "im restarting up and old car and letting her run for a bit so we can go places again" i mean in context that ive been out of the game for a bit so im a tad rusty...

Part III: I've noticed that in this weeks work I've been doing a lot of contrast in my work and also used in my yearbook cover that i used a brush that make the rainbows all smoky and "yarn like" which is very neat to look at, another skill i worked on is the feature of the little jack skellington faces i rotated, I forgot the button for it (haha).. but now remembered it and used it to create a pattern around the "tunnel of light" in my work to create the contrast i needed.

Part IV: Learn to draw with the mouse so i can freedraw stuff for projects and relearn photoshop.
Ej Dumas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Hill on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:35 am

1) I really think just my design layout worked well this week, I won Fall Ball ticket contest.

2) Something new I worked on this week was doing more creative art work and working with my alignment for this Fall Ball poster.

3) Next week I'm going to probably work on working with levels and and curves for pictures.
Thomas Hill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:13 pm

working on a quick silver effect/ flash effect. Not finished yet but working on it. i would like to make sure i get the fast motion effect down. So far i like.
clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tedij on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:57 pm

I was just trying to improve on shading objects, I figured a pumpkin would be good, especially for Halloween.  This also a practice on concepts of cards/posters.  While shading the pumpkin, I learned how to shade the inside of the pumpkin because the light inside.

The animation went decently well, but I can improve on making the animation neater.  With the animation, I learned how to do the motion of the mouth and chin.

Next week, I plan to add shading to the animation.
tedij

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Grades are in.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content