Assignment 5: Weekly Update due 10/9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 5: Weekly Update due 10/9

Post  Admin on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:08 am

Part 1. Upload your new work from this week. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Planning:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 5: Weekly Update due 10/9

Post  katieb on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:16 am

The thing isn't working so here's my update http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
I need to work on making the frames look cleaner
I need to work on smoother brush strokes

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan a on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:17 am

Currently working on rotoscope animation test, it is taking a long time to do, but the payoff will be more than worth it. Been using flash to render frames. Hopefully i'll be able to get a more complete looking animation.
jordan a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Hill on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:30 am

This week I stopped Halloween for a second and I've been working on my yearbook design, I don't want to post it till it's done yet.

(Decided to post my rough draft)
Some things I worked on during this week is proper alignment, and being able to put colors behind my text and make sure the text still stands out. Next week I'll be back on Halloween things, I'm thinking about making a short film but I'm not sure just yet (I'll need some help)

Last edited by Thomas Hill on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Thomas Hill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:33 am

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EAP5u-F6yBXcOx7276yFYsqRYzEqf2u7e-SM1ODEEbY/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16oSjzBp8NIsIVqQcIBcK7asm4EY3lkL3KkZV_dKBFtQ/edit?usp=sharing

This week I planned for a production meeting I'm having this weekend for my movie, as well as made this (incomplete) piece.

2) As far as the scheduling, I think I did a good job of figuring out everything I need to do. For the dog, I'd like to redo the edges, I cut it out in a bit of a hurry.

3) This week I learned how to schedule more efficiently.

4) Next week I'd like to work on the end credits for my movie, so I'd like to push After Effects skills.

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaylaMc on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:42 am

What I worked on was an icon design. Since the tablet wont work on my computer Ive been tinkering with shading and colors.  (The second picture isnt done yet)

Im bad at using the pen tool but I used it for the eyes and Im going to use it for the eyebrows. Making the them is going to be difficult but practice makes perfect.
KaylaMc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:44 am

1)

2)
This week I edited many photos, and worked on senior project necessities. I'll be getting a new camera soon, straight from a factory, so I'll be able to take better movement shots than I would with a two dollar app on my iPhone (still doing it though).

3)
This week I have worked more on 3D geometry in Photoshop, ways of using adjustment layers to my advantage, vector masks, and more.

4)
NEXT WEEK (WEATHER PERMITTING) I SHALL CAPTURE SOME MOTION SHOTS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weekend Schedule

- Gem and Mineral Show,
- Digging a well,
- Writing a college essay,
- Studying for a college test,
- Practicing piano,
- Painting,
- Lighting things of fire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQTE5_8EW40

finished product
clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tedij on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:08 pm

This is part of the animation I've been working on.  It's a ball bouncing and shows the shading changing as it moves.

I was in the Halloween spirit, i guess.  So, I figured I could make some Halloween pictures that would help me improve my shading skills.

For this one, I tried to put shading on the dirt that was on the tumbstones, as well as the cat and the flower.  For the flower, I used the pen toll to trace the basic shape, then I used the paint brush and smudge tool to add shading on it.  I really like how the flower came out, I just need to keep practicing on my shading.  When I was working on the fog, i smudged some white brush marks and faded it out, making it look like fog.

When I was working on this picture, I was ust brainstorming on other pictures I could do for Halloween.  Frankenstein came to my mind and, for the strangest reason, I imagined the Frankenstein was far away from a fire saying, "I'd join, but I hate fire!".  It's kind of choppy and I could have done a better job on... the entire thing, but I was "experimenting" on the light coming from the fire.  It came out okay, but I know I can do better.
Next week, I plan to use different paintbrushes to add more of a texture to the object.
tedij

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Dauntless on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:41 pm

This is an incomplete fragment of a full animation. I got the eyes and head to turn, and now I will proceed to work on the bodily details.
Jake Dauntless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chelsea1998 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:50 am

Part 1. I finished this.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: Everything worked really well this week. I was able to add the final touches to my photo strip.

Part 3. During the week I worked on a lotttttt of pen tool stuff and warping text to go with the shape of images.

Planning:

Part 4. I am going to be making my dad a logo and warping an image around text for the first time. I hope it goes well. I'd like to shoot for friday to be done.

chelsea1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ej Dumas on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:19 am

part1; I was here only half of one day, my work was posted to this weeks senior project.

part2; this weeks work was all photography, what I liked on it was i did try new styles such as paranoiacs, including one that's fisheye. some of it still messy but i'm trying new ways to use the camera.

part3; I learned different styles on paranoiacs (by accident i was trying to make a photosphere..) I've learned that a steady camera is good at pictures, i do need to learned auto focus better.

part4; keep learning on using the camera further, and keep drawing/using on Photoshop.
Ej Dumas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:35 am

Grades are in for this.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content