Assignment 6: Weekly Update due 10/15

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 6: Weekly Update due 10/15

Post  Admin on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:03 am

Part 1. Upload your new work from this week. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Planning:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 6: Weekly Update due 10/15

Post  chelsea1998 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:35 am

Part 1.

Part 2.Self-critique:What worked well was the text I used for the logo. I think it's like, sophisticated but dope at the same time. I think the crown is coming together well, too. I just need to see how I'm going to do the front.

Part 3. Warping/ testing warping pen tool shapes around text, shading objects for a 3D effect, "realism" I guess you could say

Part 4. I want to have this finished by next week. So I plan on finishing the crown and doing all the other extra things to bring it to life yet maintain that professional sleek look.

chelsea1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katieb on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:58 am

^^^^
little icon for my friend just a side project

I need to go back to what I've finished so far and make it look more crisp because I was using the wrong brush tool T-T
Also need to fill in in betweens
I hope to finish lining this next week
Also drew myself an icon for this site

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ej Dumas on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:06 am

'I'

'II' i used alot of bright colors for this work or as usual alot of contrast to my old ways of simplifying colors by using a select few colors mostly bright on a dark background, I'd like to develop further in using colors to attract people say ahh and ohh and shiny with rainbows of neon-fluorescent.

'III' This week I worked on a mini Project call "funkadelic" i used the smudge tool for it, what i did is for each project i used bright colors as the centre piece with dark background for a contrast that will attract people.

'IV' i'd like to do more of the funkadelic but i might change the color scheme up a bit, but i downloaded the camera FV-5 app for my nexus 6 Its compatible with a select few phones for android 5.0/5.1 and i'd like to start using it in situations that will create the cool night situation with it...

afro I also did some extra work helping the Great Master Mantey with the battery issue in her drawing tablet!
Ej Dumas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan a on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:18 am

[url=http://s778.photobucket.com/user/hipooterd/media/stuff_zps8qqdsb8q.gif.html][/u

I just need to keep working on making more frames. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to cleanup.
jordan a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Hill on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:38 am

This week I worked on some lighting and contrast and some "FX" and some photo alteration.

What I think worked really well is working on some levels with the shoes to bring out the colors more. I learned a new way to get new colors from the Hue/Saturation tool which I should've learned a long time ago but alas, I didn't.
Thomas Hill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaylaMc on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:39 am

Im trying to get better at making icons for different blogs for myself. Ive been finishing up the coloring for the first picture. (also added eyebrows) Im almost done, all I need to so is figure out where the shadows go for the rest of his hair. Im slowly getting better at the blending tool as well. The second picture I will also add where the shadows go and blend them in better or make the shadows more realistic.
KaylaMc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AshijaUnholey on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:54 am

Ok, so I have been making shadow characters and it seems to be looking really good because it like you don't know if the line are there.

Really, I have only learned how to do shaow figures. Everything else is just basic learning knowledge.

Next week, I may try other brushes and see how that pans out.
AshijaUnholey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:13 pm

1)

(Autumn Iphone background screen)

2)
This week editing went well, but I was too busy to set things on fire. Sad

3)
I have been working on editing, and ways to use brightness/contrast without depleting the quality of a photo when enlarged to extreme size.

4)
Next week there will hopefully be things on fire to show everyone.
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tedij on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:33 pm

In Pre-Calculus, we are assigned a project based on a lesson we'll learn and combine it with an art medium.  I'm doing mine as a quilt, but in order to make the quilt I need to know what pattern the quilt is going to use.  So I've been making a few possible examples of what the would look like using different patterns.

This one is basically what four blocks together would look like.  In the grey stars are the equations, the rhombuses would have iff (if and only if), and the pastel colored squares would have some mental notes to remember when simplifying the problem.

This quilt is still a work in progress, but it's another possible quilt pattern I might use.  Using the octagons to hold the equation, I figured it might be easier to read the problem.
These turned out good for rough drafts.  I just need to come up with a better concept of a quilt and think of how to express the equations.
This week, I made 0 (theta) using a zero and painting a line through it.  I used the magic wand to make use it would only show up on the inside.
Next week, I plan to create more quilt blocks and concepts.  I can fill the shapes with patterns to get more of a feel of the fabrics.
tedij

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:15 pm

I am currently working on making an intro video for other videos i make. It should be uploaded by the end of this week. I took a few recording last week so i can upload this week, but i may make some new recordings for the intro so that it all looks fluid.
clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:34 am

Grades are in for this.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content