Assignment 8: Weekly Update due 10/30

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 8: Weekly Update due 10/30

Post  Admin on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:19 am

Part 1. Upload your new work from this week. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Planning:

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 8: Weekly Update due 10/30

Post  katieb on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:27 am

Made a side project
Found out to to use clipping masks
I will add inbetweens and continue my main project next week

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan a on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:30 am

So far so good. Frames upon frames made to make this. I'll keep working on this while making some new side projects to post.

jordan a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:17 am

This week I created a fictional cigarette brand to be featured in my short "Fountain of Youth"

2) I think I did a good job of creating a cool color scheme and simple design.

3) I polished my design skills (creating color schemes, looking for detail, etc.)

4) Next week I hope to work on motion graphics skills in After Effects

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaylaMc on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:23 am

The first picture is a emotion face chart. Im practicing drawing different faces by the emotions for future references(also testing out shadows  Embarassed .  The second picture is a practice of backgrounds, once Im finished with it I will animate the red light slowly turning on and off. Last is the third picture, I want to animate her floating but I have to finish the a background and finish the sketch. Razz
KaylaMc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Hill on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:39 am

I didn't really work on anything new this week.

Thomas Hill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:11 pm

This week I have started recording My own skit that involves a few of my friends. It basically about reflecting on te things we have seen and done in this school for the last four years. I have started editing the video and need to record more.
clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tedij on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:47 pm

This card is similar to another card that I made in the weekly update 10/23 assignment.  The difference is I made the tiers the same colors and I attemped to make frosting drip down the sides.  I made sure it was simple and not too overpowering from the colors used.  I did an okay job on shading the frosting making it look like it's on top of the cake and shading it to show lighting, but I know I need to improve on making the drips of the frosting going down the cake.  The plate and the table cloth can also use some work.

I figured I could take a break from the sweets and try to make either a birthday balloon or a present, so I tried to compromise to two and came up on this concept.  I am proud of the shading to the present, including the little piece of tape on the side.  I can improve on the shading in the balloons, and I know I can do so much better with the string connecting the balloons to the present and bow on top of the present.

When it came to this card, I decided to change it up a bit and do just a slice of cake and not just the exterior of the cake.  I added a cherry to create more of a color blend with the whip cream and the cake.  I tried to keep the color combination kind of warm with the tan colors and the red, then I added a blue candle to catch peoples attention to the cake as well as brighten the picture a bit.  It's not too boring, but it's also not over-powering with the colors.  The fire on the candle can use some more work with the shading and
With the last card, I learned how to do create an outer glow for the light on the candle, making it seem to glow.
Next week, I plan to make more concepts of birthday cards, maybe more things besides cakes!
tedij

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chelsea1998 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:49 am

Part 1. I took some pictures of the different art departments while those people were here

I also proved to myself that even with 4 years of experience in PS, the pen tool is still a tool from satan himself

Part 2.Self-critique: Everything went really well this week.

Part 3. I didn't really do anything new. I've just been practicing my pen tool skills

This week I will be finishing up my pen tool project and upload the few pictures I took to Tree ring. Like a Star @ heaven

chelsea1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:42 am

1)

2)
This week I had hoped to capture motion shots, but I have had trouble downloading exposure and ISO settings for my phone.

3)
This week I worked more with shading, lighting, and making the water droplets look even more 3D while preserving the natural leaf color.

4)
I will find a way to download these pesky apps, and then set things on fire.
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ej Dumas on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:04 am

COSPLAYERS

DETROIT

22. I worked on my photography skill I feel I did pretty good and took some very gorgeous shots of sceans of detroit and cosplayers.

33. this week I worked on photography and took some good shots some not so much, I used my nexus 6's google camera app (it comes with the phone) and its a pretty useful camera for a standard camera and the phone takes beautiful shots in the light and dark.

44. next week I'm working on work that needs to be done and editing pictures to bring a totally different feel to them.
Ej Dumas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:58 am

clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Grades are in for this.
Admin