Assignment 19: Waking Life reactions due 11/16

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Assignment 19: Waking Life reactions due 11/16

Post  KimberD on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:35 am

Waking Life 11/10/15

I think the producers decided to use animation instead of actors because of the detachment from reality. It emphasizes that our perception of things around us is different than what could really be happening and the perceptions of others compared to anyone elseís. There is no such thing as fate, your decisions and everyoneís decisions around the world affect the future in every way possible. Existentialism, as said in the movie, can be perceived as sad because it leaves you to contemplate things that you will never be able to comprehend which can lead to a state of crisis which I happen to experience often. It makes one feel insignificant in a world of infinite possibilities and realities that we will never be able to grasp. Depending on how you go about contemplating this unexplained and intricate paradox, it can be empowering as well as debilitating. Your actions affect all of those around you in infinite possible ways which gives you infinite and terrifying power over everything around you as well as your own life. As hard as anyone might try, words can never begin to describe (much less accurately describe) these themes. We are not advanced enough to grasp this concept which is why it is so overwhelming to our minds and causes to feel extreme emotions and go back into a state of crisis. Today is my motherís birthday and she is now 45 years old. This means nothing. It is insignificant in this way of thinking and in any other way possible other than our social climate which we have created to live in a more simple way than it exists.
11/11/15
The extra animations such as the highlighted whites of the manís eyes and teeth distracting and disturbing. I found that the serious and interesting topics that the character was talking about, I could not take seriously. I found that I immediately disliked the characterís appearance. I was trying to focus on other details of the face other than the eyes and teeth that were difficult to recognize because of the low contrast. I did not find the scene visually appealing even in the context of the animations previous.
11/12/15
Why were the walls moving and shifting?
It emphasizes the disconnection of waking life and our unconscious mind. It disorients the viewer and prompts the question ďis this real?Ē to be asked.
11/13/15
I find that the filmmakers did a great job at dehumanizing the film. Though we donít know for sure or have the idea of death until the end, I was already questioning the validity of their life, are they actually real? And the answer was always no even though I had nothing to support this conclusion.
KimberD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  brandonp on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:23 pm

I think to the express the characters emotions and feelings when the one guy had bubbles kept coming out of his mouth that to me was distracting. I think it shifts around because there more than just one person working on it and everyoneís art work isnít the same you can inmate but not duplicate
brandonp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahm on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:17 am

(Day 1): They have more control on what happens and have more room to be creative.

(Day 2): Absent.

(Day 3): Absent.

(Day 4): Absent.

hannahm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  loganbaker on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:05 pm

I think that they used animation for this movie instead of live action because they wanted the audience to pay more attention to what the actors where saying in the movie. It also might have been something that the producers wanted for their movie.

The animation in the scene were the man was driving in the car and his face was changing colors while yelling into the microphone was very interesting and made me pay attention more to what he was saying about the 21st century.
The backgrounds were probably moving because it was edited like to hint at the fact that the characters were dreaming

I think the style of the movie relates to the topic of dehumanization because they made the actors look like cartoons instead of leaving them as just normal people.
loganbaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahm on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:28 pm

(Day 1): They have more control on what happens and have more room to be creative.

(Day 2): In my opinion it wasn't distracting, in fact, the part where the man was talking and the images pop up while he was talking (ex. brain, muscles, atoms...) really added to it.

(Day 3): I think the walls are moving because it creates a dream-type of effect and gives it a detached/disconnected feeling

(Day 4): To me, dehumanization basically means less than human.. vulnerable almost. In the movie, the main characters is always in a dream-like state making him disorientated and dehumanized

hannahm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Martel66 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:25 pm

1. The animation on the person body was okay I understood it because the things they were talking about went great with the mood of the person body that part was a great seen.

2. The scene where the characters are changing to match what they are talking about

3. I think the background was shifty because of the program but the most of it was decent.

4. The walls where moving cause the animation was detached like the music but I like how it was all together nice movement.

5. Everything was real nice!!!!!!!

Martel66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  erikm on Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:34 pm

(Day 1): Why do you think the creators of this movie decided to put it together as an animation instead of using life actors?
So viewers would be more attracted to it

(Day 2): Pick one of the scenes we watched today where the animation was more creative than just tracing the characters. Did the animation add to the story or meaning in some way? Was it distracting?
A guy lit himself on fire and it was vary poetic in many ways.

(Day 3): Why do you think the walls are moving in many of the scenes?
It is very annoying because thatís all Iím looking at

(Day 4): Several times the characters mention the idea of dehumanization. What does this concept mean to you? How does the style of the movie relate to the idea of dehumanization?
It is about dying and being dehuminalize and going to heaven

erikm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SethChristopher on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:53 pm

I think that they used animation because you can be more expressive with animation than just acting.
And the animation itself conveyed a lot that could be a personís view of reality

The animation in the scene with the guy with the bright yellow shirt was a bit more cartoony and I think that that kept you watching because it was interesting to see the bombastic way they made it

I think the background moves because it it is an animation that is supposed to look sort of dreamy

I think dehumanization is when you deny people their basic rights and I donít think that plays much of a part in this movie

these are days 0ne through Four
SethChristopher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanm on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:15 pm

(Day 1): Why do you think the creators of this movie decided to put it together as an animation instead of using life actors? To show off what Photoshop can do
(Day 2): Pick one of the scenes we watched today where the animation was more creative than just tracing the characters. Did the animation add to the story or meaning in some way? Was it distracting?
The monkey really threw me off guard.
(Day 3): Why do you think the walls are moving in many of the scenes?
The wall was moving because the charter was walking.
(Day 4): Several times the characters mention the idea of dehumanization. What does this concept mean to you? How does the style of the movie relate to the idea of dehumanization? It means to make some one not human or to treat them like there not human.

nathanm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oliviar on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:24 pm

1)I think they used animation so they could really over exaggerate the scenes.

2)When the mans face turns to gear

3)Because the whole animation was moving.

4)Not making them look real dehumanized them.
oliviar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gerame on Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:23 pm

Waking life
1. think that they used animation instead of live actors because it gives it a more detached feeling that fits the story and makes the viewer feel differently than they would if they used live actors.

2. I think that the changes in the animation like the manís face turning redder as he talked more and got seemingly angrier and more passionate and the other manís face turning into a gear as he talked about wanting to be a gear added to the story because they visually represent what is being said.

3. I think that the walls are moving because it gives a sense of detachment and that the scenes in the movie arenít actually happening it is a dream.

4. To me the concept of dehumanization means that you are not fully there and you donít feel connected to things which relates to the movie because the main character is experiencing many disconnected things and the places that he is in are always not completely connected and have a sense of detachment.
gerame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  luxpom on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:13 pm

(Day 1): Why do you think the creators of this movie decided to put it together as an animation instead of using life actors? so that they could get their point across and make it interesting enough that people would want to watch it.

(Day 2): Pick one of the scenes we watched today where the animation was more creative than just tracing the characters. Did the animation add to the story or meaning in some way? Was it distracting? it made it more interesting and it was very distracting. the characters almost looked scary at some points.

(Day 3): Why do you think the walls are moving in many of the scenes? to get the viewer's attention.

(Day 4): Several times the characters mention the idea of dehumanization. What does this concept mean to you? How does the style of the movie relate to the idea of dehumanization? to make it less human. almost animalistic.

Sleep Sleep
luxpom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:49 pm

Grades are in for this.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down