Assignment 10: Weekly update 11/13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 10: Weekly update 11/13

Post  Admin on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:25 am

Part 1. Upload your new work from this week. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Planning: 

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 10: Weekly update 11/13

Post  katieb on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:31 am

I needed more practice with shadows and highlights so I practiced on some fanart I wanted to draw
I learned I could use curves in adjustments to make the colors brighter for highlights in the hair
I've decided to pros pone the animation I was working on due to it not having a story and there would be a lot I would have to go back a edit. It was good practice though.
I'll plan something to work on next week.

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chelsea1998 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:33 am

Part 1.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: Well, I am doing a greeting card for a scholarship What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face . I need to find what I'm going to use as the main focus point of the card, text, text placement E.T.C. this is just the beginning stages.

I also found a tutorial on how to make wrapping paper, which I ended up using the same pattern for my greeting card.

Part 3. Worked with offset filter

Planning:

Part 4. I need to finish the card, also I didn't really put bleeding and stuff into consideration soooo I'm probably going to have to redesign this. I guess I was just using this as a template. I have to figure out what saying I am going to use and try to put the whole card together.

chelsea1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan a on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:10 am

Current W.I.P. Been working with smudge tool and I've been trying to make the fabric look realistic. It's been very difficult and taxing but I'll find a way to make it work. I'll keep trudging along with this one. hopefully it'll look really sweet when I'm done.
jordan a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaylaMc on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:29 am

Ive just finished this drawing. I added a little background to fit the drawing (since I never give a picture a background), But Ive practice shadows, drawing clothing, and outlining. I wanted to add highlights to the hair but Im pretty bad at that so I left it how it is. The next practice drawing will have highlights in there I guarantee Embarassed
KaylaMc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:48 am

1)

2)
This week went well, wish I had been here on Wednesday to work a little more; also wish that my phone cable worked so that I could upload all my work.

3)
Worked on collection, Garfield matting, and senior t-shirt.

4)
Finish collection of photos.
I hope to take motion shots over the weekend.
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AshijaUnholey on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:51 am

So...this is all I really made good.
The moving frames are all just...there.
Next week...I really have no idea.
AshijaUnholey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:34 pm

I'm not done yet, but I'm putting together a video of my experience at Americas got talent. This was defiantly an amazing experience. I shall be done by next week.
clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tedij on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:26 pm

For this animation, I was trying to combine animation with words.  The words were moving from right to left, changing colors, and saying "Live, Laugh, Love".  "Live" was on top, "Laugh" was in the middle, and "Love" was on the bottom.  I'm just having difficulty trying to get it to work properly on the website.
I know it's too early to start Christmas stuff, but I figured now would be a good time to get started on cards for the holidays.  I'm already in the holiday spirit, so I figure why not.

I was just messing around with the shading and the lighting.  I simply used the pen tool to make the shapes, added the shading/lighting, and blurred it.  I know I can do better with the snow.

With this card, I was mainly experimenting with the fuzzy white on the stocking.  I do like how the wood that the stocking is on turned out.

When it came to this card cover, the most challenging part was the bow.  I had to draw faded lines for shading/lighting and then smudge it.  I like how most of it came out, but I could do better on it.  The tag that says "Happy Holidays" should have been a different color so it wouldn't look like it was blended into the wrapping paper.

While I was working on this card, it was challenging to do the shading on the handle of the mug because I had to make it look like the handle it actually attached to the mug.  I had to smudge the shaing of the handle and it's shading to make it look attached.  The color scheme is nice and simple.  I need to do a better job on the hot chocolate and marshmallow that's in the mug.
Next week, I'll continue working on the lighting and shading.
tedij

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ej Dumas on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:18 am

I was sick last week but i managed to get a few things for Photoshop done and a new project that'll be my major last part of a project...

this gives off a dream like feel looking at the bright sky.

This has a somewhat 8bit feel to it but doesn't...

And my new project which is using the same backround from tipsycity/the D-vibe
but I;m having my phycodelic feel to this time and its only on part one at this time.. my last project before I leave aaw for illinois!

2. i feel like this week I did pretty good on putting my kinda style into my work.

3. this week at the one point im using my tipsy filters mixing with my funkadelic feel for my project1

4. this week Im gonna finish my last project and then enjoy packing...
Ej Dumas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Hill on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:50 am

I was absent Friday (11/13) but last week I did research on healthy eating and I'll be posting up a research paper next week about it. Other than that I just submitted photos for the gallery and also some basic edits for class working on remaking and adding more defined colors.
Thomas Hill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Dauntless on Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:41 pm

I'm currently working on smoothing out the turn as well as adding shading to the animation. This is displaying the basic colors and motion. The final product will be quite a bit better.
Jake Dauntless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:59 am

Grades are in for this.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content