Assignment 12: Weekly update 12/4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 12: Weekly update 12/4

Post  Admin on Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:19 am

Part 1. Upload your new work from this week. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Planning: 

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 12: Weekly update 12/4

Post  katieb on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:50 am

It isn't finished yet but I was putting together concept design practice. I just used my alien character that I made during inktober. I have to fix some of the lining and come up with a different color palette.
I didn't learn anything new over the week. Just that I could now export images into flash from photoshop by converting each image into .pngs.
I will finish this next week.
I'm not sure what else I will accomplish next week.
I still need to come up with a story to animate.

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaylaMc on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:33 am

this week my drawing havent been 100% so I just did a bit or warm ups and practiced shading and using just black, white and grey colors (and blue just for the eyes). I changed the quality of the colors to make it lighter or darker. I just made a header and icon for my blog, thats all. Razz
KaylaMc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:53 am

I

II
This week went perfectly well, the CD finally came! The only problem is I am missing one senior's photo, Shaccai Pittman. Hopefully she gets a picture to me soon.

III
I have very nearly finished my shirt, worked on simple shading with pen tool.

IV
Next week I shall assemble my book for senior project, finish layout on the shirt (make it look more pleasing to the eye design wise), and hopefully, I shall get photos while manning the booth at Noel Night.

(I've also been working on pine cone ornaments for Noel Night)
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:09 pm

Currently designing my own deck of cards.

clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tedij on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:12 pm

For this card, I was just playing with a paint brush.  I looked at it and saw a petal.  I copied the same petal and rotated it and shaped it a bit, not erasing anything.  Then, I added some shading to make it real.  The same goes for the leaves.  Personally, this is my absolute favorite card.

With this card, I was just messing around with the pencil tool, making it look like a kid's drawing.  It can use a lot of work.

The snowflake was something I was playing around with.  I was trying to make a snowflake card for a while, but could find a good concept for the snowflake.  I decided to put a little geometry, using rhombuses and squares, and work from there.

This card uses the same technique as the snowflake.  The difference is that it has a light that starts at the center and fades as it goes farther from the center.  I didn't want to go too far with the color scheme, so I stuck with a dark blue for the background and words, with a golden glow, in the star and around the words.

I also put some of the cards in Italian.
This week, I found a way to change the opacity of a folder, fading the layers in it.
Next week, I will continue to work on shading, but try to come up with other concepts of cards: birthday, Christmas, New Year, etc.
tedij

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:29 pm

Color grading test on footage from my new camera 

possible album covers

Part 2.Self-critique: I think I'm making some cool art, I think the first album cover could be a bit less cluttered (its aesthetic is supposed to be kind of ugly however) and I'd like to find a good font and color scheme to go with the second cover.

Part 3. I improved my knowledge of "Color Finesse" an After Effects plugin for color correction/grading.
Planning:

Part 4. Next week I hope to work more in after effects and improve my covers.

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan a on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:26 pm

plan on using all i've learned to work on this, just a sketch now but it'll be a full body shot and over the next few weeks working on this.
jordan a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Hill on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:48 am

Just did some more photoshop, I kind of worked on something new, I've been trying to explore some new area's in photoshop so the first picture I added some grain to it and just selected her skin and made it a different texture.
Thomas Hill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chelsea1998 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

Part 1.

I worked on this flyer for Maryse, it's coming together I guess.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What worked well was the pen tool acted nicely toward me. It was easy to make the city I guess.

Part 3. I didn't work on any new skills, but I am working on layering objects and perfecting that to get the desired look.

Planning:

Part 4. I will work on perfecting background erasing and blending real images with drawn backgrounds.

chelsea1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:01 am

Grades are in for this.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content