Assignment 16: Weekly update 1/15

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 16: Weekly update 1/15

Post  Admin on Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:17 am

Part 1. Upload your new work from this week. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Planning: 

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 16: Weekly update 1/15

Post  katieb on Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:40 am

Working a ref sheet for my tv head character
I hope to finish it next week
I haven't learned anything new

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan a on Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:49 am

concept art for character design
been trying out all types of shading techniques
will keep on practicing all through next week
jordan a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chelsea1998 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:12 am

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: Everything went as planned.

Part 3. I worked with patterns a little bit on Cassidy's edit. I also used the brush tool for literally the first time in my life, and left it as it. I liked the effect of fluffiness.

Planning:

Part 4. Next week, I'm going to be working on retouching my senior picture for the year book.

chelsea1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaylaMc on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:33 am

Ive been adding shades to the huge project drawing Im doing and ive changed the color of the background seeing what colors work for this drawing. Ive also done warm up drawing on mouths and eyes a bit. Next week I want to work more on the first picture and work on blending colors more.
KaylaMc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AshijaUnholey on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:33 am

I am drawing Papyrus a little better then last time.

Also sans on his arm.

I will try to draw the bone bros better.

Also Papy and Sans are from Undertale.
Undertale was made by Toby Fox.

That is all.
AshijaUnholey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:51 am

I.

II.

This week went well, I was able to take photos while I wait for my Geology class to start at MCC (4-6 is a long time after all), and I was able to manipulate those photos to make surreal effects.

III.

My iphoneography (real word for it now!) has gotten better, and although I have not posted it ( I failed to upload it before class started), I am now able to take night photography in city areas. I am one step closer to taking pictures of the stars!

IV.

Next week I shall be running prints and making mats for the upcoming Scholastic Art Show at MCC. A silver key has made me very jubilant all week.
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:52 am

Additionally I worked on editing Jeffery's video, which is almost completed except for a shot of his painting "Scribble Buddies" that I want to include, which I keep forgetting to shoot (silly me).

2:  For the photo: I think it came out pretty interesting, not sure if it needs more work or not. For the video: I think it came out well, I wish I hadn't screwed up and lost the external mic recording. I was forced to use the sound from the internal mic on the camera, which picked up a ton of background noise, and isn't really fixable. At least you can hear what he's saying. Ugh.

3: This week I learned about how to do color correction in Premiere, and more about editing in Premiere in general (I haven't used it much before.)

4: Next week I hope to finish Jeffery's video and do more After Effects stuff.

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Hill on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:03 am

Apart from being absent I finished up my Winter Wonderland Poster and also helped do some senior photo scans and cropping this week.
Thomas Hill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clintonh on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:57 am

redoing my opening video. I have more footage so I decided to do this.
clintonh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tedij on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:29 pm

This card is decent.  It has a nice blend of colors, the words are easy to read, and has a nice affect around the words going from white at the top to a pinkish-purple.

This one has too much pink in it, and could use more colors.  The words are readable.  The problem is the hearts blend in with the background too much.

This has a nice blend of pink and purple, but could use more red.  The font could have been thicker.

This has a nice blend between the glowing red around the font to dark purple in the background.  The words are readeble, but the color of the font should have been something darker than white.

This card has a decent concept of going from light, around the words, to dark, around the edge.  The hearts stand out well with it's red glow around it, except for the heart behind the font.

The concept of this card is sloppy.  The words don't have that blending glow with the heart it's in.  The background is too simple and sloppy.  This card isn't very well done.

I was just messing around with the settings of certain layers, but was drown to how the bottom is bright while the top is a faded, dull background.  The words are readable.

This card has a good background, the hearts are noticable.  The issue is that the words are likely easily lost with the background.

This one has an okay background, it's too sharp.  The words are readable, but the outer glow makes the words pop too much.

For this card, the background is okay.  The red heart are easily lost with the background,along with the words.

With this card, the words are easily readable, but also follows the color scheme, fading from purple on the bottom to red in the middle to pink on top.  The black glow around the words makes the words pop from the background but also blend with the background.  The only thing is that the hearts on the top left should have been more purple than blue.

With this card, I was trying to steer away from the pink and try going for a monochromatic color scheme.  The hearts and words have a red glow to make it pop/blend with the background.  The only thing was that the words should have been something besides white.

For this card, I was steering clear of the pink and sticking with red and purple.  The words are readable, but the color scheme doesn't go with the background as well.  The hearts have a nice affect of making the spots in the background pop, and the outer glow shows the position of the heart, but also having a comfortable blend with the color scheme.
For this week, I worked on changing the setting of certain layers to create certain affects.  Next week, I intend to continue working on changing the setting on layers to create more affects, creating more cards, Valentines Day ones, more or less.
tedij

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:28 am

Grades are in for this.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content