Assignment 1: Research on Painting due Feb 2

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Assignment 1: Research on Painting due Feb 2

Post  AnthonyCronk on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:51 am

1. The author of this painting is William-Adolphe Bouguereau.
2. The title of the title of the painting is Before the bath.
3. William created this painting in 1900.
4. This painting was part of the realism are movement where they strive to have paintings look real and not having artificial objects.
5. Williams general subject is typically nude women.
6. Major elements of this photo are, the women getting undressed to take a bath.

http://www.judaica-art.com/william-bouguereau/272-before-the-bath-1900-by-william-adolphe-bouguereau-art-gallery-oil-painting-reproductions.html
AnthonyCronk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MeganM on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:34 pm

1. The artist of this painting is an unknown Bohn Master.
2. The title is "Young Beethoven".
3. The painting was was made in 1783.
4. I do not believe this was a part of any movement in particular.
5. To my knowledge there is no other works done by the unknown person.
6. Beethoven as a young child is painted, shown smiling slightly.

MeganM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EnchanteeW on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:14 pm

EnchanteeW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ClaireG on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:18 pm

His name is Giuseppe Arcimboldo, "The Vegetable Gardener" 1526 is one of his most prominent work, and the piece I chose. During the Nature and Fantasy movement (1526-1593) The quirky painting with fun ideas and interesting illusions, makes Giuseppe a known and revered 'Surrealist' in the art community. The entire painting is inspired by a bowl of vegetables, from carrots as a beard to onions for rouge cheeks. The idea to me is just so different than the others paintings, and I hope to do Giuseppe proud!
ClaireG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GinaK on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:20 pm

Here is the picture I chose.

http://artinrussia.org/wp-content/uploads/6354760-R3L8T8D-800-18.jpg
GinaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alexisb on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:25 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Close#/media/File:Chuck_Close_1.jpg

My painter is Chuck Close and the painting I've chose is "Mark". "Mark" was painted in 1978-1979. The painting was apart of the photorealism Historical Movement. The characteristics of photorealism is referred to artists whose work depended on photographs, they were put on canvas. Chuck Close general subject matter was how methodical, system-driven portrait painting all done on photos. The major element of design and principle in my picture is the acrylic he used in the picture for the eye. It makes the picture look realistic, as if it were taken with a camera and not painted. Chucks painting is of camera taken pictures. The colors he use aren't to dark nor to light.

alexisb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KaelaS on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:25 pm

The painter is Pablo Picasso and the title of the painting is "Woman With Yellow Hair." It was painted in 1931. It was part of the Surrealism art movement, so when painting this piece, Picasso used playful colors and made sure it represented something you might see in a dream. It is said that the subject of the painting is a woman Picasso met named Marie-Thérèse Walter. I guess the main element of the painting is how there are a lot of curves so all of the woman's body parts are really rounded.
KaelaS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vesaunders on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:09 pm

vesaunders

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  carlosaaw on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:22 pm

The Mona Lisa painting was painted by Leonardo Da Vinci in 1503-1517 and is a renaissance piece. It was part of the “High Renaissance” movement. I like this pieces color choice, it keeps certain colors such as different shades of oranges and keeps a color theme that makes the painting soothing to look at with no colors clashing against each other.

carlosaaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shacaipittman1 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:30 pm

Shacaipittman1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DylanF on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:32 am

The painter is Frida Kahlo. The painting is called Girl with Death Mask. It was painted in 1938. It is a part of the Naïve art movement. The girl in the painting is believed to be Frida when he was four, and the masks are things that people usually wear at the annual Mexican Day of the Dead. It appears that in the mountain area behind the girl is all sunny and bright but where the girl is standing it is all dark and sad.
DylanF

View user profile https://open.spotify.com/user/wafl_wong/playlist/42Z3ZsjU9CnwG93

Back to top Go down

Post  luxpom on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:36 am

The Wounded Deer, Frida Kahlo paints herself as an animal and human hybrid. She has the body of a deer along with antlers extending from her own head. The deer is standing up, its legs extended in action. Its front right leg is elevated off the ground, as though it is injured or in motion. In the deer's body are nine arrows, creating wounds. Kahlo's face stares stoically at the viewer, showing little sign of pain. Her neck and head are upright and alert. A set of deer ears emerge from behind Kahlo's own. In the background a body of water is present, which can be seen through the trees. Though the sky is bright, a bolt of lightning strikes down from a white cloud. The word "carma" (karma) is written in the bottom left corner of the painting, after the artist's signature and the year of creation. clown

Last edited by luxpom on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
luxpom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MacC on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:41 am

The painting I wish to work on is known as "Zone", it was created by James Rosenquist (a pop-artist of the US)
in 1961. The piece was created to employ commercial painting techniques as well as fragmented imagery. The painting
was one of the first to be created after renting a loft in New York, where his other projects and works lay. Although
James is probably not one of the most well-known pop-artists, some of his works are fairly known for their colors
and imagery. This leads into why I enjoy this painting the most, which is fairly simple. It's not like the rest
of his works, and the simplicity yet catches my eye. It's one of those kinds of drawings that make you stare at it
for a while, trying to canalize what the artist intended for the viewer to see. Either way, it's simply a thinker
and my cup of tea.
MacC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnthonyCronk on Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:07 am

The author of this painting is William-Adolphe Bouguereau. The title of the title of the painting is Before the bath.
William created this painting in 1900. This painting was part of the realism are movement where they strive to have paintings look real and not having artificial objects. Williams general subject is typically nude women.
Major elements of this photo are, the women getting undressed to take a bath.

http://www.judaica-art.com/william-bouguereau/272-before-the-bath-1900-by-william-adolphe-bouguereau-art-gallery-oil-painting-reproductions.html
AnthonyCronk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Marilyn Diptych

Post  jessd on Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:17 am

"Marilyn Diptych" was created by Andy Warhol in 1962 shortly after Marilyn Monroe, the subject, passed away. It is considered one of the most famous pop art paintings of all time. Pop art combines traditional techniques with the popular culture of the time and is often in the style of comic books or heavily posterized like this piece. It is occasionally unrealistically colored, such as Marilyn's purple skin and bright yellow hair in this photo. There is a collaged version of this pieces which is fifty copies of the original version, 25 colored and 25 black and white. Since Marilyn is the subject matter, the contrast of the bright colors to the grayscale is thought to represent the differences between the media's portrayal of Marilyn's glamorous life and the reality of her lonely suicide. In the single version the main element is the unrealistic coloring.
jessd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  angiep on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:13 pm

The painting was painted by Ludwig von Langenmantel. The title of the painting is "Women in a Blue Dress." It was painted between 1878-1927. I do not believe that this painting was part of any art movement.  Ludwig von Langenmantel, painted mostly portraits of people, although he also has painted some landscapes. I like how the women is not facing us in the painting, but she is facing the mirror and looking down. I like how the artist uses the mirror to give us a little look at her surroundings and how she almost has a contemplative look on her face.

Last edited by angiep on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
angiep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Camryns on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:26 pm

Camryns

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  emilyp on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:48 pm

The painting I chose is Duel With Cudgels by Francisco Goya
http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2015/03/Duel-with-Cudgels-630x316.jpg

emilyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisD on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:49 pm

ChrisD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  douglas on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:17 pm

1 C. M. Coolidge, 2 His Station and Four Ace, 3 1903, 4 Illustration, painting, 5 dogs playing poker, the thing that caught my eye in the painting is the color its dark do bright and bold easy it kinda sets the mood in the picture then the picture itself the detail the expression the Coolidge worked into the dogs faces makes them look focused on the game as if its a real game it looks like there was a lot of thought put into it about every little detail of it

douglas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zedekiah Belknap, yo

Post  josephc on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:32 pm

The painting I’ve chosen is Portrait of Ralph Warren (1829) by Zedekiah Belknap. While he was not a part of a historical movement, he was a famed portrait painting and much of the portraits done during the early 1800s were painted by him. He mostly stuck to portraits throughout his lifetime (1781 – 1858). When I see the portraits, personally, I like to think it’s an expression of the beauty that is the natural human condition.
josephc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alyssa m on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:09 pm

alyssa m

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tezoback on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:15 pm

tezoback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  reannan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:20 pm

The painter that I have chosen for this assignment is Vincent Van Gogh, and he painted a piece called branches of an almond tree in blossom. This piece was painted in February 1890. This piece was painted as a gift for his soon to come nephew. The small flowers on the branches are blooming in front of a blue sky, symbolizing new life, the branches blooming in late February to show the coming of spring in France. The general matter of this painting was a gift to his new born nephew to cherish, the nephew soon being named after Vincent in hopes of him being as creative and artistic as Vincent himself. The main reason why I have chosen this photo is because it gives off this kind of Japanese feel and I typically like that style and design.

reannan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  amandak on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:27 pm

The painter of this rather unique piece of art is Salvador Dali-a piece that’s still recognized in modern day pop culture. His painting is titled ‘The Persistence of Memory’, and was painted in 1931. It was a part of the surrealism period (1920’s) this certain movement showed elements of surprise, comparisons that weren’t expected, and some humor. Salvador wanted to show the differences between ‘softness’ and ‘hardness’ in this piece. Symbolizing both space and time, as the clocks appear to be melting instead of holding a solid formation. In his painting I really noticed a broad use of warm to cool colors. I feel as if this adds to the contrast of the whole ‘space and time’ meaning to the painting. There are also plenty of different strokes from the painting tools used, along with many different curves and styles of lines from the melting clocks, to the horizon and mountains in the background.

amandak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top