Assignment 3: Weekly update 3/4/16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 3: Weekly update 3/4/16

Post  Admin on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:13 am

Part 1. Upload your new work from the last two (short) weeks. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Planning: 

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 3: Weekly update 3/4/16

Post  HealyG on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:40 am

1)

2)

This week was quiet hectic, I spent one day stressing over college, another sorting through emails to make sure everything was in, the snow day I spent taking photos outside, and yesterday I edited said photos. I still have many more to do, so expect a haul next week.

3)

This week I worked on not freaking out over a potential disaster which could affect the rest of my life.

4)

Next week I shall haul in the rest of the photo catch.
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jackhthomas on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:52 am

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oERItFz7wXD1R9qqolaRp5pC0FngRJTzPjG-9x4nqeY/edit?usp=sharing

Currently writing up a shot list for a music video I will be shooting for this song: https://soundcloud.com/lunch-meat/white-eyes

(Note: sorry if some of the instructions don't make sense, a shot list is basically a series of notes the Director of Photography writes so they remember what to shoot.)

Part 2: I think I made pretty good progress. Also I was able to flesh out my ideas pretty well.

Part 3: I gained knowledge of the shot-reverse shot technique, detailed in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UE3jz_O_EM

Part 4: Next week I'd like to finish the shot list and develop a shot schedule, and work more in After Effects and on organizing the Art Gallery.

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andrewi on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:01 am

2. I worked using image tracing and working with the paths and anchors alone with matching color schemes between images to make sure they all fit well when places together.

3. I learned a lot about tracing images and working with the anchor points and path ways to define the shapes and working with color tracing to make color schemes all fit well together.

4. I plan to work a little more on the tracing and then move to colors and fonts
andrewi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DUNKING DETERMINATION

Post  AshijaUnholey on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:38 am

So, I have made a beautiful fan art of Sans,Grillby, and Frisk and learned how to make a fire monster look cool.
The new skill learned was how to use the Mixer brush tool.
I will try that tool more soon but for now, this is all I did.
(Sans, Grillby, and Frisk all belong to Undertale, Undertale was made by Toby Fox.)
AshijaUnholey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LucusM on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:50 am

2.) I feel that the brochure turned out very well with the info I was given. I do wish I had some pictures I took to use on it, but by camera isn't the greatest, so... oh well! The photos provided are very nice and detailed, which is nice.

3.) As I was typing this response, you came over and taught me how to make guidelines for specific measurements and how to turn off automatic picture snapping. While I was working on this piece, I actually made another layer and drew straight lines for a guideline and then actually forgot to remove them. Embarassed

I've also taken some time to look at random internet Photoshop tutorials, like how to make realistic clouds.

4.) (Using some tutorials) I plan on experimenting with the 3D feature on Adobe Photoshop.
LucusM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katieb on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:26 pm

I've gotton better at determining lighting and how light and shadows fill a room
I also practiced some interior design
And I made a quick run cycle for practice.

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chelsea1998 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:23 am

I worked on yearbook stuff this week.

chelsea1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  noahh on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:34 pm

this is a great graffiti artist mike mozart who makes these peices of what seems like copywrited charactors but what most people dont see it the bigger picture
#wtfu
noahh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chelsea1998 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:47 pm

That week I worked on yearbook stuff.

chelsea1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Frog

Post  BlakeM on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:54 pm

I like the color scheme of the frog but I would like to make my lines more solid and less sketch looking. I also want to to add a backround to my art soon.

I want to learn to make my lines more solid and less sketch esque
BlakeM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AaliyahH on Tue May 31, 2016 3:09 pm

This week I had been working with the pen tool on faces... I had never finished this

AaliyahH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:50 am

Grades are in for this.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content