Assignment 6: Weekly update 3/24/16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 6: Weekly update 3/24/16

Post  Admin on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:26 am

Part 1. Upload your new work from the last two (short) weeks. If it's photoshop work, upload it as a jpg, not a psd. If it's a movie file or animation, export and upload it in a compressed format (don't give me a file that requires me to open it in adobe premiere or final cut). You can upload to youtube and link it here.

Reflecting:

Part 2.Self-critique: What is working well in this week's work? What would you like to improve, or develop further?

Part 3. Identify new skills you worked on during the week. (For example, I know one student learned to rotate brushes in photoshop.)

Planning: 

Part 4. Identify at least one new skill will you work on/develop next week.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 6: Weekly update 3/24/16

Post  jackhthomas on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:52 am

Worked on announcement stuff, showed it to you in class.

2. I think that the icons I designed could maybe have more relevance to our school and also be created better. The motions I did are cool though.

3. Learned how to do more with the Puppet tool.

4. Next week I will be out of town

jackhthomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andrewi on Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:12 am

Been working on this, adding colors and learning about brush techniques, turning it from a black and white into color, each section a new color, and going to go from there with it.

2. its been going okay, couldnt find work from last week so i decided to start this, but i want to improve color using and how the image looks with colors.

3. learned about brushes and color selection more, since i barely knew anything about it. also about magic wand and selection tools

4. next week i want to work on more editing techniques like blending and work with the colors
andrewi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AshijaUnholey on Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:27 am

This a Work in Progress.
I just wanted to work on it again.
Next week, I'll work more on this.
AshijaUnholey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LucusM on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:02 pm

During my studio time this week, I tried to get caught up with my digital imaging 2 project for 3rd hour. Here is my finished design for the blue flower.

Here is a piece I was also working on earlier in the week. Its not done, but i'm not sure where i'm going with it yet, so...

2.) This week, I tried to apply the lessons I learned through various tutorials over the last few weeks. While they are not 100% realistic yet, but it's getting there! You can tell what is grass and what is dirt, i'm getting better with shading, you can tell that the flower is a fabric with folds rather than an flat image, everything seems to be improving! Cool

3.)It may seem silly, but I learned that you can adjust the mode of each gradient that I make, rather than the whole image at once. This allowed me to create the Folds on the flower petals.

4.) I'm going to start working on my math project during this hour (It's through photoshop, don't worry!). I plan on learning how to make a city or how to make different shaped building in a picture of a city in photoshop.
LucusM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BlakeM on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:19 pm

Im trying to give the fox individual hair strands, I like the way its turning out so far.
Next week im going to learn to make the lines for the strands of hair more soft, so it isnt as obvious that i just scribbled the hair Cool
BlakeM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chelsea1998 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:25 pm

I worked on my mural last week, which basically was working on the concept but I finished the mural today and it's all glued up and what not. Besides that, i worked on NHS stuff (flier stuff) and some yearbook things

chelsea1998

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katieb on Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:38 pm

Only thing I happened to finish fully last week

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HealyG on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:30 am

1)

And two other tutorials which are currently unfinished.

http://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-an-origami-style-logomark-in-illustrator

http://www.vectordiary.com/illustrator/create-a-summer-sunglasses-tutorial/

2)

This week I made an attempt at broadening my horizons by learning how to use Illustrator. It does save space when it comes to layers, but can be annoying when it comes to trying to grab one specific vector within the shape (shift tool can only pick up so much it seems).
I like the gradient tool in Illustrator about the same as Photoshop. While Illustrator has many more points which I can place and ways to use the gradient, Photoshop allows me to move the gradient around where I wish.

3)

This week I learned the bear bone basics of Illustrator.

4)

Next week I will finish more tutorials in order to receive a better understanding of the program.
HealyG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AaliyahH on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:02 pm

For this week I had been working on More double exposure and typography tricks

For the following week I will still be practicing my double exposure techniques. I am trying to play around with different typography methods in Photoshop to enhance my skills.

AaliyahH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan a on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:02 pm

quick sketches with interesting shading. Been trying to nail lighting techniques and get realistic shades. More of the same this and next week.
jordan a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:02 am

Grades are in for this.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content