Final Exam: due on day of finals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Final Exam: due on day of finals

Post  Admin on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:30 am

Post up three of your strongest pieces from the semester/year, that show a broad range of photography or photoshop skills. 

For each work, discuss the quality and effectiveness of your artwork. This should be a paragraph long for each piece, and should be written in the style of an academic paper. Include: 

1. What is the image intended to convey? (Artist's statement about the purpose of the piece)
2. Is the entire composition created with a sense of purpose? (Is the background contributing to the image, detracting from it, or neutral?)
3. Are the images in it all your own creative work?
4. Does it rely on cliches or are the concepts original?
5. How do colors, compositional decisions, props and techniques used convey meaning?
6. What creative techniques did you use?

Grading: 80% portfolio quality and range of skills
20% Self-critique
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Final Exam: due on day of finals

Post  AshijaUnholey on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:07 am

1. The image is trying to convey a really flashy woman who is actually a fusion.
2. Really, the third background has much more "content" than this one.
3. Yes, I drew the art on my own.
4.  Yes, the art is of my own mind, but the idea of fusion came from my love of Steven Universe
5. The colors show a bubbly personally mixed with a sassy personally.
6. The creative technique that I was a pattern fill.

1.The image is trying to convey two skeletons of different personalities wearing pretty outfits.    
2. The third picture has more than this picture. So I would say neutral.
3.Yes, I drew the picture with my own hand.
4. The two skeletons are actually from a game called Undertale; The blue one is the original one, while the red on is from an Alternate Universe thing on Tumblr called Underfell.  
5. The colors help show that their personalities are very different.  
6.I used the Water Tool Technique for the red one.

1. The image is trying to convey my life on the internet and just how easy it is to make me laugh.
2. The background is helping the image become what it was born to be; a meme.
3. Yes, I drew the image.
4. The skeletons that you see are, again, from Undertale and the image idea is from the "Wake Me Up" meme.
5. The whole image just shows how "amazing" the internet is
6.I used the Brightness Tool for this.
AshijaUnholey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan a on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:51 am

1. This is meant to be a concept art/portrait for a character of mine.

2. The background is meant to emphasize the foreground character and make the whole image pop. The lighting and shading are meant to add a sense of dynamic integrity.

3. This image is wholly my creation.

4. It's a portrait that's meant to convey the personality of the character in question, a sinister yet mysterious vibe, especially with the eyes.

5. The red going into blue are meant to show how the lights and shadows bounce and reflect off the face. As previously mentioned, the background is meant to emphasize the foreground character.

6. Photoshop with a Heavy use of gradients, clipping masks, and use of the sponge tool to make the lighting on the character's face pop.

1. This is supposed to be just an icon or a profile picture for websites and social networks.

2. The main theme is symmetry and unity, plus just looking cool, which it does. Hi tech theme was what I was going for.

3. Well this is meant to be fan art/alternative work, So technically not really but It's different enough to warrant originality, like pop art. Yeah pop art.

4. It's Darth Vader with Oreos for eyes and listening to music with headphones. Need I say more? Pretty out there in terms of alternatives.

5. I love Black and white pattern schemes so this (no pun intended) was a treat to work on. Made Darth and every other object a starch, milky white to bounce off the jet black background. It's meant to be eye catching and entertaining to look at.

6. Use of the paint bucket tool, pen tool, curves, and pattern layouts.

1. It's supposed to be like a fake screenshot from a movie but not an official thing, yet...

2. The photo's meant to have this cinematic flare and dynamic edge to it. It's all in service of providing atmosphere and a sense of style.

3. The buildings in the back are not mine, had to blur and saturate them to make the drawing look "HD". Because HD means for me at least, clear foreground, blurry background. And it works.

4. The scene is the classic hero meets titular villain for the first time, so there's gonna be some tension.

5. The lighting in the background and on the characters let us know that it's night in a big city or maybe dusk. The colors saturated yet muted at the same time, trying to be seen in some sort of light surface. It has that vibe that it makes you want to jump in and be a part of the action.

6. Used a specific brush to get those clouds, so many saturation tools to get that "cinematic" feel and make feel somewhat professional. I added a film grain to add some depth and grittiness to the picture. Several of the gradient and effect tools to pull this off.
jordan a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katieb on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:51 am

1. The purpose of the piece was to practice interiors and lighting.
2. The whole image is a focal point and you are drawn to the whole image overall
3. The whole image is mine own creative work.
4. I honestly am not sure. I just used my memory of how my old bedroom was laided out and how I use to do my laundry on the ground. So perhaps cliche?
5. Its suppose to be a peaceful sunday evening, so the colors are warm and its calming to look at.
6. I played around with different adjustments and filters with lighting

1. Since in the "book" the little girl and her father live in an observatory, I made it sort of focus on the space factor.
2. Again the background is the whole image itself as a focal point. Though you are drawn to the small figures sitting on the ground as to who and what they may be.
3. It is all my own work
4. I think it is more on the original side when it comes to the concepts of the story
5. The colors are cool and bright' conveying that this is more of a happy story.
6. Played around with the lighting renders

1. It represents my feeling of anxiety but also how I look past it
2. The background is not important in this piece and isn't a focal point
3. All pictures in it were taken by me
4. It does reply on some cliche ideals with some originality spun in
5. I use water dropping to represent tears (sadness), squiggles (confusion), and a glowy affect (to shine and look past it)
6. I used the timeline to create the gif and overlapping of colors to make it look brighter

katieb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:45 am

Great work you guys!
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content