Assignment 2: Weekly summary of learning ending Sep 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 2: Weekly summary of learning ending Sep 18

Post  Admin on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:15 pm

You all have a variety of areas you are focusing on.

Those of you who worked with displacement filters can post those images to this thread when you are done. If you are focusing on photoshop, when you complete that, please move on to exploring the other distort filters for this coming week.

Those of you focusing on dreamweaver, please post a screen shot of your current work (I know it might be in an awful state right now if you were experimenting without a design purpose yet), and let me know what chapter you are on in the html tutorials.

Those of you working in the darkroom, let me know what you were working on and what you learned. Trail, if you can scan your photo and post here that would be great. Josie, you would post about what you think went wrong with your negatives, whether it was camera related or processing related. We obviously can't all be in the darkroom at once, I would like to limit us to 3 people tops from here on in the darkroom, with our resident expert Josie as one of the three as troubleshooter until everyone gains confidence. Then we'll drop to 2 people at a time in the dark room. This means that people focusing on darkroom work will need a second area of focus for days they aren't scheduled to be processing.

The weekly summaries will be graded on:

a: what you produced, and
b: your written summary of what you learned (can include points of frustration where you need help, as well)

I understand that for the first week some of us were setting up the darkroom for the new year, so this first week will be a trial run to get used to the format. You will post your work and your written summary, and for this week only you'll get 1 credit for posting both of those, or 0 points for not posting. In following weeks, this will be worth 3 points for your work, 1 point for your written summary.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 2: Weekly summary of learning ending Sep 18

Post  Ajohnston on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:41 pm

This week I worked on website updates. I mainly focused on the navbar's style and all the links included in the navbar. One of my frustrations was when I realized that I had to go back and redo a good portion of them because I forgot to check the links. I learned to pay attention to the different levels of folders you're in when making links, and that doing things once isn't always enough.
Ajohnston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1st Week

Post  LiaC on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:44 pm

I spent my first week going over Dreamweaver and learning how to work its craziness. I learned about the format of the pages, background colors and font colors. Also, I experimented a little bit with a picture and with headings.

Also I worked with Dave's Site on an HTML tutorial and learned things like font colors, headings, page breaks, and bold, italics and underlines. That is my main focus this year.

On Friday I spent the class time in the dark room and developed a picture. We also developed Josie's film, which was neat.

Last edited by LiaC on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
LiaC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EmmaJ on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:48 pm

At the beginning of the week I tried to make the chemicals for the darkroom. It didn't really work, so I would like to learn how to make them. I also learned how to create a shadow using photoshop. These photos were form Morguefile.
EmmaJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  beccat on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:34 am

This past week I was in the darkroom. The first few days I was learning to mix chemicals. The next few days we developed negatives so I learned how long to leave the negatives in each chemical, how often to agitate, etc. Yesterday I developed my own fisheye film. Today I'm hoping to learn how to use the enlarger & develop some photos.
beccat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra K on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:39 pm

This week I worked on patterns. I did not have any photos that worked for the shade project in photoshop. I made about 3 patterns. I only kept one because it was different from the others. I am not done with it yet but it will be done by Wednesday.

Alexandra K

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trail on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:45 pm

I have been working in the darkroom and I sucsefully developed my first roll of film along with my newest scavenger hunt.
Trail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

this week

Post  elle terbush on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:38 am

I've been working on my HTML editing my layout on my writing website (mibba.com)
I did some photo editing aswell.

Working on finding the battery for my film camera so I can work in the dark room.
elle terbush

View user profile http://tumblr.quelastima.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AaronF on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:46 am

Ive been working in photo shop and Ive been learning some new things in there that i haven't learn in there yet. I also have been getting used to Sony Vegas Pro 8 after the summer i forgotten some things.

AaronF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jenniferj on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:58 pm

This past week, I have been working in photoshop, trying out all the tools and such. Also I began trying to accomplish the "reflection method", (I'm not sure what to call it), you taught me.
I learned the wand tool is a very effective way of getting rid of the background, rather than erasing everything. I also learned how to make a watery type reflection in a picture.

Last edited by jenniferj on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
jenniferj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  christab on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:08 pm

Last week I worked in photoshop using the displacement filter to create shadows.
The images I used are from Morguefile.

christab

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Earl Dube Weekly Lesson

Post  squEARL-dube on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:38 pm

For those of you who don't know I recently got a job at my Uncle Frank's workshop, dubbed Russ Simpson. I also after o month working there asked him if I could make a Youtube Commercial about his store he said "yes". SO from this week on i am and have been working on the commercial to post on Youtube. Starting with Scene 1.
squEARL-dube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine P on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:16 pm

I was not transfered into this class until the following week. Thus no work.
Elaine P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TonnieB on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 am

I was working wit the displacement filter but all of them came out crappy so i just gave up
this is the end result
TonnieB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top