Assignment 8: Weekly summary of learning ending Oct 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 8: Weekly summary of learning ending Oct 9

Post  Admin on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:35 pm

The weekly summaries are worth 4 points total. They will be graded on:

Part One. The quality of what you produced. 2 points. This can include a written description of what you did (I worked on a tutorial on using the ___ filter, for example, and to get credit, it MUST include the images/videos, etc. of what you worked on. If you are working on a long term project, I need to see before and after shots. A link to a blog doesn't show me what you accomplished during this week.

If your work was substandard, include a self-critique explaining the strengths and weaknesses of the piece.

If you worked on a tutorial, you can post your final product from the tutorial, and I will also want to see the techniques you learned applied in your own creative way to a new piece.

Part Two. Your written summary of what you learned (not what you did, but what you learned.) 2 points.
Examples of how I will be grading Part Two:
0 points = no summary of learning or a vague statement like "I worked on photoshop filters."

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 8: Weekly summary of learning ending Oct 9

Post  EmmaJ on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Last week I finished my stencil. I printed it out and finished cutting it. I also picked out some fabric to spray paint.

I decided to start a new stencil. I am learning how to add layers and put a lot of detail into one stencil. It is not close to being done, but here it is:
EmmaJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  christab on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:52 pm

Last week, aside from editing a few scavenger hunt photos, I worked on a pop art tutorial. At first, I had some trouble with all the layers of colors and their orders and modes, but I figured it out with the help of layer sets. Also, I learned that you could link layers together and then merge them, which made it a lot easier.

This was the result at the end of the tutorial:

This is how I modified the tutorial:
christab

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AlyssaG on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:54 pm

last week i worked with some random stuff here and there but i dident get much done

oh and i made more icons
AlyssaG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ajohnston on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:11 pm

Last week I did a few web updates, YAY! On friday I spent some time in the dark room observing Trial develop a few photos. I learned how to set up a print and what has to be done in complete darkness and what can be done with an amber light on. I got to see how the amount of time in the developer can change an image completely.
In my free time I've been working on my weakness in photoshop which would be the dreaded pen tool. I've been working on becoming more comfortable with it. I'm not nearly finished but this is what I have so far:
Ajohnston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Weekly Summary

Post  LiaC on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:11 pm

Unfortunately last week I was only in class for three days.
Monday I spent updating my assignments, including the week before's summary and such.
Tuesday I was in Ann Arbor for the day touring the Residential College in the University of Michigan. It is now the second choice on my list of colleges.
Wednesday I missed 7th hour because I had to make up a pre-calc test (which I aced!)
Thursday I did some research into my future, I'm thinking of taking a year in Detroit and mentoring youth and things like that. There's a particular program called cityyear that I am looking into.
Friday I went with Trail and Alicia into the darkroom and we showed Alicia the ins-and-outs of developing pictures.

I guess this all means that I don't have any work to show you. Hopefully this week will be more productive. I"m going to try to be more focused on my HTML tutorial.
My goal in HTML this week is to finish up the link tags and the images tags, and then to move on to chapter 5, "A few more tags." After that I want to make sure I understand ALL of it together because it's getting a little jumbled in my mind. So that's this next week, hopefully.
LiaC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ajohnston on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:11 pm

Last week I did a few web updates, YAY! On friday I spent some time in the dark room observing Trial develop a few photos. I learned how to set up a print and what has to be done in complete darkness and what can be done with an amber light on. I got to see how the amount of time in the developer can change an image completely.
In my free time I've been working on my weakness in photoshop which would be the dreaded pen tool. I've been working on becoming more comfortable with it. I'm not nearly finished but this is what I have so far:
Ajohnston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Weekly Summary

Post  josiie on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Last week I was absent kind of a lot. I think about three days, but while I was here, I was in the darkroom. First I cleaned or slightly organized I should say the room becuase it was kind of messy. Then I began the process of developing some film that was way to exposed to the light and did not come out. Then on thursday I went through the darkroom with Becca and searched through all the cabinets and stuff to find all the books and supplies we could to help us experiment with processing better. I found a few things on black and white contrasting, and color negative development. And since Im on the subject, we found a chemical kit to develope the color neagtive film but, I think they are slightly old and not well so we are now begining to make plans for some fundraising activites to get some new supplies. Hope in a couple weeks everything will be more put together.
josiie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elle terbush on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:28 pm

I've been sick but I experimented with photoshop a little.

Code:
[b][left][/left][/b]
elle terbush

View user profile http://tumblr.quelastima.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AaronF on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:22 pm

I jus thave been working in photoshop messing around with some photo's and I waiting for some videos to edit but we yet to have any. But most of the stuff last week i did were edit pictures that I turned in and turn in assignments that I havent turned in yet.

AaronF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kaylaB on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:27 pm

last week i was doing a stencil and it actually turned out this time so i'm happy, i also was picking fabric and such. Plus also working on the stencil its self like cutting it. it looks a bit funky with all of it changed to a shade of gray.

kaylaB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trail on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:28 pm

This week I developed my new roll of film and I developed the photos for my scvangers.

http://i82.servimg.com/u/f82/13/02/01/44/tree10.jpg
http://i82.servimg.com/u/f82/13/02/01/44/color10.jpg
http://i82.servimg.com/u/f82/13/02/01/44/wind10.jpg

I have been brainstorming on how to do my pages for my portfolio.

I have an idea for my pages but its still much in progress (mainly just brushes to create a design for the page).
Trail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Earl Dube Weekly Lesson

Post  squEARL-dube on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:29 pm

This week started on a freetime project away form the Russ simpson Commercial, it is a repeating pattern sort of like the assignment 1 in Digital Imaging 2a. each segment of this repeating pattern spells ou "MAZE". But that's not all there is a maze within the word maze. Redundant I know, but will be awsome for the random showcase on the forum. What I have learned though from this assignment is one thing painstaking work is the best work there is, especially when you have to create each individual pixel formation perfect or symmetrical to the next one just so the letters look even. Whew! it was tough and tedious, but by tuesday it will be posted most definitely.

Last edited by squEARL-dube on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
squEARL-dube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine P on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:37 pm

This week I worked mostly in photoshop experimenting with touching up, adding makeup, and dying hair color. I learned that it's a tad difficult to create a colored layer over hair and then try to confine it to that area. You have to make sure the lines are very smooth or else it winds up looking rather fake so for now Iíve only brightened up the blonde color of my hair. However, as soon as I can make it work Iím going to try and use a darker color instead. Aside from that I worked on davesite.com HTML mini-chapters #6-7 where I learned how to use clean codes, not overlap tags, and creating lists which I practiced using on my blog in my most recent post (www.porcelainelove.blogspot.com).

Last edited by Elaine P on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : specifications)
Elaine P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Weekly Summary

Post  josiie on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Last week I did a whole lot of random researching. I found a numerous number of blog and places for ideas. They helped me figure out ways to tweak my analog photography for darker contrast and different lighting for scenes. I discovered my new love of night time photographs. My favorite is this one that was taken on wensday at a drum circle. I didn't edit it at all. All original composition's. So yes, I read a whole lot during class when I am not uploading photos.

josiie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TonnieB on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:47 pm

Since it was a short week i have only got a chance to do one thing i been working on shoe design and I also learned how to warp part of the shoe so they would fit

Last edited by TonnieB on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
TonnieB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Earl Dube-Weekly Lesson

Post  squEARL-dube on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:48 pm

This week started on a freetime project away form the Russ simpson Commercial, it is a repeating pattern sort of like the assignment 1 in Digital Imaging 2a. each segment of this repeating pattern spells ou "MAZE". But that's not all there is a maze within the word maze. Redundant I know, but will be awsome for the random showcase on the forum. What I have learned though from this assignment is one thing painstaking work is the best work there is, especially when you have to create each individual pixel formation perfect or symmetrical to the next one just so the letters look even. Whew! it was tough and tedious, but by tuesday it will be posted most definitely.
squEARL-dube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  beccat on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:52 pm

On Friday (I think) of last week I developed my second roll of fisheye negatives, and I did everything alone, so I'm pretty proud of myself. So I learned that I can complete the whole process by myself. These photos were developed earlier this week (Monday the 12th/Tuesday the 13th). I still don't know why there are blotchy weird shapes turning out on some of the photos.

beccat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra K on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:42 pm

This week i was absent for three days. The 7th, 8th, and 9th.

Alexandra K

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jenniferj on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:41 pm

jenniferj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down