Assignment 12: Weekly summary of learning ending Oct 23

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 12: Weekly summary of learning ending Oct 23

Post  Admin on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:27 am

The weekly summaries are worth 4 points total. They will be graded on:

Part One. The quality of what you produced. 2 points. This can include a written description of what you did (I worked on a tutorial on using the ___ filter, for example, and to get credit, it MUST include the images/videos, etc. of what you worked on. If you are working on a long term project, I need to see before and after shots. A link to a blog doesn't show me what you accomplished during this week.

If your work was substandard, include a self-critique explaining the strengths and weaknesses of the piece.

If you worked on a tutorial, you can post your final product from the tutorial, and I will also want to see the techniques you learned applied in your own creative way to a new piece.

Part Two. Your written summary of what you learned (not what you did, but what you learned.) 2 points.
For Part Two you will not receive any points if you give no summary of what you learned, or provided a vague statement like "I worked on photoshop filters." I would want more detail on which filters you used, and What You Learned (not just What You Did.)
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Dark Room Photos

Post  elle terbush on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:43 pm

elle terbush

View user profile http://tumblr.quelastima.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 12: Weekly summary of learning ending Oct 23

Post  AlyssaG on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:34 pm

this week i messed around in photoshop and make these

and i did some anime stuff

AlyssaG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kaylaB on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:36 pm

this week i was in the dark room and the epic fail with my negatives happened; still don't understand how just one turned out but whatever. I was in the darkroom again developing the picture, and me and Emma did the pie chart thing with the picture and realized we need a shorter exposure time. I also spray painted a stencil and resurrected an old stencil. for my work this week you can look at the stencil and the one picture negative. I'll post a picture of the stencil later.

kaylaB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EmmaJ on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:37 pm

This week I tried to spray paint my stencil and it was not working at all. Me and you (Mrs. Mantey) decided to see what was wrong with my stencil and so we switched it around. I also went in the darkroom with Kayla and we developed her film. It didn't work and we don't know what happened to it. Only one of the pictures turned out good. Kayla and I also developed that one picture a few times. We tried to develope it with the pie chart thing and we think that a 60 sec exposer was way to long. So next time we will try 30 sec or 20 sec to see if that will work any better.
EmmaJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ajohnston on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:41 pm

This week I spent more time with the pen tool last week it looked like:

Now it looks like this:

I also did web updates. On Friday I helped Dominique with understanding the pen tool.
Ajohnston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  beccat on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:02 pm

I was in the darkroom a couple days, and the other days I was uploading pictures from my camera and from my email (which took forever for some reason). Here are my darkroom photos from this week.

beccat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Earl Dube Weekly Lesson

Post  squEARL-dube on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:03 pm

This week I mostly worked on the portfolio Project, but I did have a few pockets of free time to learn while doing assignments. I went back to the Russ Simpson Commercial again I tried posting it as a Flash document, on 10-23-09, but was unable to do so. However I have learned one thing how long it takes for the average person to read text between scenes of a movie/commercial. According to the Internet for every 16 characters including spacing = 1 second if not more. This will definitely help me in making my commercial, with this formula I can calculate how long I need to show each page of text to the viewer. But until I can get the Scenes into a working animation on flash I have nothing to show just to tell what Iíve learned. So thatís itÖ I got the it on youtube on 10-27-09. So here are the first 7 scenes of the commercial animated.

Last edited by squEARL-dube on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
squEARL-dube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trail on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:46 pm

I worked on my portflio and finished a few of the pages (not sure if im completly dont with these) I had a few problems with some sizing and fonts and stuff but i got it situated, Im starting to work on a border and page for my digital photos now. I developed some photos and played with exposer time and had some good and bad results.

This is the only photos i have from the darkroom this week but i got a ideal exposer time. 2.5 seconds

Trail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  christab on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:50 pm

Last week I was in the darkroom observing, so I learned the basics of developing film, which was cool.
I researched book publishing sites a little and ran through the basics like picking out a book size, binding, etc.
Also, I edited a few photos. As far as a photoshop project goes, I didn't produce anything I was happy with.
I started to work with the pen tool because I'm really bad at it, so here's the funny looking, unfinished result:
christab

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Weekly Summary

Post  LiaC on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm getting very comfortable with the whole photos thing in dreamweaver. It's gotten so that it's quite easy to put the link into the tag. I even memorized the lettering I need to use, which I thought I'd never do.

The tags in the second part of my plan from last week I sort of already know... I looked them over and started working on them a bit but I definitely want to get back to that soon.

For next week I have to start designing my backgrounds for my photo book project. I am going to Oregon tomorrow so I will be picking out photos and planning what to do while I'm gone and when I'm back I'll get to work! I also am going to be taking photos for credit for the week.

I think I'm the only one of us who ends these things with a plan for the next week... I like doing that, though, because it helps me organize my ideas.
LiaC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TonnieB on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:53 pm

i worked on some using the shadows on my own personal pics
TonnieB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AaronF on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:58 pm

I have been working on the portfolio book and I had been going over the stuff that you had me fix to get a better grade and reach the requirements. And I also have been trying to catch up on what im missing in this class.

AaronF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexandra K on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:32 pm

This week I am improving with my pen tool skills.

Alexandra K

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine P on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:57 pm

This week I worked mostly on editing my photos to create my portfolio. I learned how to upload them to lulu.com and publish them. Otherwise I worked more on editing photos, creating html, and experimenting with shutter speeds on my camera.

This is one page from my portfolio. I know that it's very simple but I personally think that the emphasis should be more on the artwork and I find elaborate designs to distract from the work itself.

Here is my work with shutter speeds. It really sucks but I'm still working on it and I liked the shape that the body took on with it.
Elaine P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

pentool so far

Post  jenniferj on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:37 pm

jenniferj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down