Josie's Senior Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josie's Senior Project

Post  josiie on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:07 pm

1) Nature of the Senior Project (what will you accomplish by the end of the semester?)
Select one of the following:

Portfolio/Other: I am going to make a sort of portfolio but in reality it is going to be a nice neat way to put all my images together. They will be in a sort of sectioned format according to what the image is interpreting.

2) Outline of Project Plan. Develop a list of deadlines for yourself. Your progress toward these goals will be posted throughout the semester as weekly progress reports. Weekly progress reports will be graded down 1 point (out of 7) for each day late. For each of the following progress dates, type out what you will have accomplished by then (take as much room as you need to type this out):

Feb 5 - Proposal Due (15 points)
2 point deduction for each day late.

I was most definatly in the hospital for a large chunnk of this time and am very sorry I am just now getting around to this.

Feb 12 - Weekly Progress Due _(7 points) I actually got the ball rolling for my camera and film purchases that I needed. I borrowed a couple cameras and was given some films to mess around with. I also began organizing my thoughts a little more on what my specific subjects will be. I have also found certin films that will accent the types of images that I am taking. For example my nude portraits will be in a type of 120 created by Ilford that is somewhat infrared but just enough to give skin tones a nice glow.

Feb 26 - Weekly Progress Due _(7 points)Begin Setting up either my lulu account or decide if I want to make a hand bound book or "zine" (I would probably use lulu for the zine.)

Mar 5 - Weekly Progress Due _(7 points)Decide which of the prevoius three I am doing and what my theme or "story", or topics will be.

------------- cut off for 3rd quarter progress report

Mar 19 - Weekly Progress Due _(7 points)
Start putting together my decision. either through online or begin handmade book. Begin writing portion (an outline) of whichever decision.

Mar 26 - Weekly Progress Due _(7 points)Continue on my last weeks progress.

------------- cut off for 3rd quarter report card(50 points possible for 3rd quarter)

Apr 1 (Thursday) - Weekly Progress Due _(7 points)April! Begin getting colored prints of all photos. Developing film. Deciding which manipulations I will be using.

Apr 16 - Weekly Progress Due _(7 points)Continue deciding the prior week and finishing up the writing.

Apr 23 - Weekly Progress Due _(7 points)Conitinue perfecting what I think needs to be perfected.

Apr 30 - Weekly Progress Due _(7 points)Begin decorating (by hand) individual pages and book covers and such with random tools and objects and sequins and stuff.

May 6 (Thursday) - Weekly Progress Due _(7 points)Continue pretty much the entire months worth of my project until finished and perfected.

------------- cut off for 3rd progress report

May 13 - Reflective Essay Due - 5 pages, double spaces, 12 point font (15 points)
Essay: 5 point deduction for each day late.
(50 points possible for 4th quarter)

May 20 - Final Project Due (This will be your final exam grade, worth 25% of the semester grade)
Marked down a full letter grade for each day late.
May 27 - last day of school for seniors

3) Where will you do the project? A combination of school, darkroom, home, and ritz good ol' camera.

4) List ALL materials/resources/people required for your project: Probably lulu.com, ritz camera, darkroom (when we have chemicals, lomography, my mothers money, and school.

5) A record copy of the project must be supplied to the school for archival purposes. How will you arrange for this? I will either make a digital copy of all pages or make beautiful photocopy scans on nice glossy paper and put it together such as my book.
josiie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

AHH! week 1

Post  josiie on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:47 am

So week one. Combination of ridiculous note taking and shopping. I have procured a nice 35mm camera from you mrs mantey. although we have some battery problems. I also have an old kodak instimatic. My diana+ is still my buddy and I have around three four rolls of expired colored film to play with.

Some photos I will most likely use:

computer slow. will be here.
josiie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wrote this week 2 in wrong place

Post  josiie on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:47 am

Feb 12 - Weekly Progress Due _(7 points) I actually got the ball rolling for my camera and film purchases that I needed. I borrowed a couple cameras and was given some films to mess around with. I also began organizing my thoughts a little more on what my specific subjects will be. I have also found certin films that will accent the types of images that I am taking. For example my nude portraits will be in a type of 120 created by Ilford that is somewhat infrared but just enough to give skin tones a nice glow.
josiie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

week 3

Post  josiie on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:48 am

I have decided to do either a "zine" (with pages through lulu. or a hand sewn book (also pages through lulu).
josiie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Josie's Senior Project

Post  Bri G on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:12 pm

[url][/url][img][/img]

Bri G

View user profile http://myspace.com/brigangriggsphotography

Back to top Go down

Re: Josie's Senior Project

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content