Assignment 1: Classroom policies sign & return and answer questions, due Sep 8

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 1: Classroom policies sign & return and answer questions, due Sep 8

Post  Admin on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Directions:

A. Sign and return the classroom policies handout from class, or print this out and sign and return it.
B. Register on this forum, using your first name and last initial as your username.
C. Answer the following questions as a reply to this thread. Even though this is the internet, use proper English and spelling for a school assignment.

1. If the due date for an assignment is Oct 1, and you can't turn it in until Oct 3 because you were sick, do you need to ask me for an extension?
  2. What's the last day you can turn it in without penalty?
  3. What's the last day you can turn it in with a 10% penalty?

Objectives:
Making sure you understand the classroom policies
Getting everyone registered on the forum and comfortable replying to threads
Setting standards for communicating in an academic setting

Grading rubric: 2 points total
1 point: returning the signed form
1 point: answering the questions accurately and with proper grammar.

Class Rules and Procedures Ė Graphics Lab
Fall 2011

1. Participation. Students in this class often work at different speeds. Students who finish early are expected to work on an independent graphics project during their off time. Donít use extra studio time as a study hall for your other classes. In the past, students have used their free time to design CD packaging, posters, fliers for extracurricular activities, or manipulating their own photos that are not for assignments. Use all of the studio time you are given to practice and expand your graphics skills.

2. Late assignments. Assignments in this class have due dates. Because cameras and computers sometimes malfunction and because we may need the occasional sick day, I will give a one week grace period for late assignments after the due date without penalty (as long as they are in before the end of the marking period). If you are absent for a couple days you donít need to make special arrangements for an extension. The grace period IS your extension. Work submitted more than a week after the due date will be accepted up until three weeks after the due date as long as it is within the marking period, but the grade will be reduced by 10 percent (one full letter grade).

3. Original Work. All work submitted must be your own original work. If you are using source images from another person you must identify which images you used and where they came from Ė and you must have the rights to use those images in your work. Work which is not your own, and not identified clearly as coming from another source, will be considered plagiarized and will result in a zero for the assignment without a chance to redo the assignment and appropriate disciplinary actions.

4. Respect. I expect the language used in the classroom to reflect a basic respect toward all people, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, race, or religion. I also expect students to use my room as a place focus on work, free of gossip about other students. If you are having a bit of drama concerning another student, please put it on hold while you are in the studio. If you and I are having a disagreement about something, I may ask you to drop it because itís becoming a distraction for the rest of the class. If you still want to discuss the issue with me, thatís fine, let me know either by telling me or messaging me through the forum Ė and we can discuss it after class, or after school if you want more time to talk. If I ask you to discuss it with me later, itís not because Iím dismissing your point of view, itís that I feel the conversation is getting in the way of others doing their work.

5. Lotions, perfumes and cigarette smells. I am sensitive to smells, and they trigger migraines for me. Many of our students have similar issues and strong smells that linger in the room can trigger asthma attacks. Donít spray perfume in my room, donít use hand lotion that has a scent, and donít come to class smelling of cigarettes. The circulation in the room isnít that good; Iíve had problems with the smells of perfume remain in the room hours after a student has left. If you ride with someone who smokes, consider wearing a light jacket over your clothes and leaving that in your locker. If chemical smells from your products are making me ill, itís likely you are affecting the learning environment for your fellow students as well and I may ask you to leave for the duration of the class.

6. Bathroom policy. Iíll have a signout sheet for the bathroom, and a wooden bathroom pass. The bathroom pass gives you permission to go to the restroom and come straight back. If you need to go to the office or to see another teacher, hand write a pass for me to sign, stating where you will be going. Donít go to the vending machines during my class; donít get caught up in hallway conversations. If weíre in a class discussion, please wait until weíre done if you can, or if it seems weíre never going to get back to studio time, raise your hand. If we are having studio time (working independently), you donít need to ask permission Ė you can just go sign out and take the pass.

7. Food: Tell me if you have food allergies! Different class hours may have different food rules depending on allergies. Food that you bring in must be nondrippy and nongreasy (no pizza, nacho cheese sauce, popcorn with butter, soft fruit etc, in the lab). If you are making sandwiches, you must use a plate, napkin or paper towel. Do NOT put your bread directly on the desks or tabletops, the crumbs attract ants. If your work station or the sandwich area is left messy, you will not be allowed to eat in my room out of respect to the other people who have to share your desk during other hours.

8. Beverages: Drinks brought into my room need to be in a closed or closable container (coffee in a cup with a lid, or a water bottle with a lid that screws up). Soda, fruit juices, and energy drinks in cans are not allowed due to past problems with them spilling in keyboards.

9. Contacting me. The easiest way to contact me is through my email Ė amantey01@artsacad.net or manteyr@yahoo.com, or if you are a student in my class you can message me through this forum.

Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 1: Classroom policies sign & return and answer questions, due Sep 8

Post  HanaSteele on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:18 pm

1.If the due date for an assignment is Oct 1, and you can't turn it in until Oct 3 because you were sick, do you need to ask me for an extension?
No, because you have at least a week to make it up.

2.What's the last day you can turn it in without penalty?
The last day you can turn your work in without penalty is one week.

3.What's the last day you can turn it in with a 10% penalty?
After 3 weeks you will lose 10% of your grade.

HanaSteele

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 1: Classroom policies sign & return and answer questions, due Sep 8

Post  Jayae on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:23 pm

1. If the due date for an assignment is Oct 1, and you can't turn it in until Oct 3 because you were sick, do you need to ask me for an extension?
No.

You have a week.

Before three weeks.
Jayae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JessicaH on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:24 pm

1. No, because you have a week to turn stuff in for full credit.
2. The last day to turn in work with out a penalty is week after the original due date.
3. The last day you can turn in work to have a 10% penalty is three weeks after the original due date.

JessicaH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NateF on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:26 pm

1.If the due date for an assignment is Oct 1, and you can't turn it in until Oct 3 because you were sick, do you need to ask me for an extension?
No you do not have to ask for an extension.

A week after the due date would be the last day you can turn in an assignment with no penalty.

3 weeks after the due date is the last day you are allowed to turn in an assignment with a 10% penalty.

NateF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  danielr on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:26 pm

1: You do not, for there is a week of reprieve to turn it in with full credit, do to frequent technical difficulties.

2: A week after the assignment is given.

3: Three weeks after the due date is given.

Done~ Razz
danielr

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/atanih23

Back to top Go down

Post  ranak on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:30 pm

no. you got a week.
you got a week before penalty.
you have three weeks before 10% deduction.
ranak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jamestheirvine on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:34 pm

Nope
a week after
Three weeks after
jamestheirvine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jillstahl2012 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:39 pm

- No, you have a one week grace period for all assignments.
- You have one week to turn in the assignment without penalty.
- The last day to turn in an assignment with a 10% penalty is 3 weeks after the due date.
jillstahl2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasmineH on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:24 am

no you have one week

one week

3 weeks and before the card marking is over

jasmineH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewel_Dotson on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:26 am

1. No you don't.
2.October 11
3.October 13

Jewel_Dotson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Z.Roberts on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:34 am

If the due date for an assignment is Oct 1, and you can't turn it in until Oct 3 because you were sick, do you need to ask me for an extension?

No, you do not.

What's the last day you can turn it in without penalty?

One week later.

What's the last day you can turn it in with a 10% penalty?

Three weeks later.
Z.Roberts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AllyR on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:37 am

No, you get a week's grace period.
Within a week, in this instance Oct 8th
up until 3 weeks after the due date.

AllyR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zachary.M on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:38 pm

No, I do not need to ask you for an extension because of the one week grace period.

The last day I can turn in the assignment is a week after the due date.

The last day I can turn in the assignment with a ten percent penalty is three weeks after the due date as long as it is before the marking period ends.
Zachary.M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JustinR ^_^ on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:00 am

No.
In a weeks time.
Within 3 weeks after the due date.

JustinR ^_^

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ALREADY DONE

Post  maryc on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:06 am

Since i was in Dig. 1 and was switched out this assigment was already completed. Smile

maryc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawn L on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:31 am

I completed this assignment in digital Imaging 1!!

Dawn L

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  janea' j on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:44 am

1.) If the due date for an assignment is Oct 1, and you can't turn it in until Oct 3 because you were sick, do you need to ask me for an extension?
No, because you have a week to turn it in.

A week later

3 weeks from the due date. (I think) silent
janea' j

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Everything up to here has been checked.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewel_Dotson on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:29 am

1. No you don't.
2.October 11
3 After 3 weeks you will lose 10%

Jewel_Dotson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewel_Dotson on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:49 am

1. No you don't.
2.October 11
3. up too 3 weeks after Oct 10 as long as it is within the marking period

Jewel_Dotson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ranak on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:53 am

no. you got a week.
you got a week before penalty.
after one week it is pentalized.
ranak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tarat on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:59 am

If the due date for an assignment is Oct 1, and you can't turn it in until Oct 3 because you were sick, do you need to ask me for an extension?
No

A week

3 weeks alien

tarat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  toris on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:18 am

1.)If the due date for an assignment is Oct 1, and you can't turn it in until Oct 3 because you were sick, do you need to ask me for an extension?
Answer: No because there is a one week grace period.

2.)What's the last day you can turn it in without penalty?
Answer: One week from the due date.

3.)What's the last day you can turn it in with a 10% penalty?
Answer: After the week grace period (but before the card marking.)

toris

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/beads-of-paradise

Back to top Go down

Repost

Post  toris on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:49 am

3.)What's the last day you can turn it in with a 10% penalty?
Answer: After 3 weeks

toris

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/beads-of-paradise

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top