Go down

Assignment 13: Beginning of Artist's Statement Due Dec 8

Post  Admin on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:18 am

Section 1: (answer all)

1. Who am I?
2. Why am I here?
3. How do I perceive the world?

Section 2:
Answer at least three of the following questions.
1. How do you fit into society / school?
2. How do you relate or react to your family / peers?
3. Does religion play a part in your life?
4. What passions do you have?
5. What liberates you?
6. What confines you?
7. What best represents you: Body, Mind, Spirit, or Society?

Section 3: (answer all)
1. How will the viewer react to this piece?
2. What do you want the viewer to feel when interacting with your work?
3. Do you want them to know it is about you specifically, or about your meaning in a more ambiguous way?

Your answers can either be posted here, or emailed to me if you don't want them read by others. If you opt to email to me, post a reply in the thread stating "I emailed my response to you."

Grading: 3 points possible
1 point for each section. The thoughtfulness of your responses determines your grade. (One word answers like: "What do you want the viewer to feel when interacting with your work? - Happy" will not receive an outstanding grade.)

Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment 13: Beginning of Artist's Statement Due Dec 8

Post  jamestheirvine on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:55 am

Section 1:
1. Who am I?
-Someone who hates wasting time on something im not interested in. A person who plays guitar every morning and goes out shooting with my camera when something interests me
2. Why am I here?
-I'm not sure.
-More empty then fulfilling, lacking luster.

Section 2:
-Music, expressive photography
5. What liberates you?
-Music, drowning out the world
6. What confines you?
-No job, a personal hate for Michigan

Section 3:
-Surprised, I am hoping they leave questioning it
-I want them to feel the same uncomfortable way that I do
3. Do you want them to know it is about you specifically, or about your meaning in a more ambiguous way?
-More of a ambiguous shown through a personal way

Last edited by jamestheirvine on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
jamestheirvine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawn L on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Section 1:

1. Who am I? I don't know who I am yet.
2. Why am I here? I know I have a purpose, but I m still trying to find it. Maybe i'll find it when I find myself.
3. How do I perceive the world? I see the world as a gift, a big beautiful extrordinary gift.

Section 2:

4. What passions do you have? My passions are about making a difference on and in this world as well as a good strong impact on the people around me and after me.
5. What liberates you? What liberates me is freedom and independence.
6. What confines you? Nothing confines me I let myself go free.

Section 3:

1. How will the viewer react to this piece? I dont know I only know that I would hope for a positive and open minded reaction from them.
2. What do you want the viewer to feel when interacting with your work? I want them to see and then feel my work. Then they can feel however they want about it.
3. Do you want them to know it is about you specifically, or about your meaning in a more ambiguous way? I dont mind either way is really okay with me.

Dawn L

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasmineH on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:26 am

Section 1.
1.1 I am an observant caring person.
1.2 I am here to learn about the world and eventually make a difference.
1.3 An optimistic place, where you should make the best out of what you have.
Section 2.
1.2 I relate to my family well because we share experiences and thoughts.
1.4 I have a passion for taking care of others.
1.7 Mind.
Section 3.
1.1 I would hope the viewer could relate and be comforted.
1.2 I want them to feel they can relate in some way.
1.3 A more ambiguous way so each person views it in their own way

jasmineH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NateF on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:43 am

Section 1
1. Who am I?
I am Nathaniel Damani Fuller Jr. My first name means gift from god which I believe I am. My middle name is gift to god which I believe I will be when I pass on.
2. Why am I here?
I believe I am here to drastically change the way our youth act and think in this world for the better. Why else would god give me all the talents he has such as leadership likeability sports brainpower and the heart I have.
I perceive this world as in need. Though we are smart and talented a lot of us are greedy which handicaps us.

Section 2
1. How do you fit into society / school?
Though I am a digital imaging major and 3D art minor I believe my music, experiences, and personality is how I fit into school and society.
I relate to my family by knowledge and love. My peers we share common interests whether its video games music movies sports etcÖ
Yes my mother is a minister in training.
The only thing I want to do now is make the world a better place with my talents whether its music engineering sports however I can help.
5. What liberates you?
I believe seeing the people I help smile liberates me.
6. What confines you?
Money is a confinement and this schooling system I mean its not all bad but it handicaps a lot of people on life dreams. I know a plenty of students who stay up late doing what they love and it affects schooling and when a parent finds out they kind of take away that dream by putting limits on it.
These are all good ones so difficult to choose but I would say mind because when I have my mind set on something I can achieve it.

Section 3
1.How will the viewer react to this piece?
I hope that they will be inspired.
I hope they have change of heart and a true understanding of us as humans.
I hope more about the meaning in a more ambiguous way.

NateF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Z.Roberts on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:45 am

Section 1:
1. I am someone struggling to answer who they are.
2. I am here to Make people laugh.
3. I perceive the world as it presents itself to me. I'm not liking what I see.

Section 2:
4. I am passonate for all life. (Except spiders)
5. Friends liberate me.
6. I am confined by not having restrictions.

Section 3:
1. Confused and uncertin.
2. I want them to think
3. I want them to make whatever meaning they want for it.
Z.Roberts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  toris on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Section 1:
1. I am a starry-eyed daughter of curiosity.
2. I'm here to constantly grow as a person.
3. I perceive the world as a giant playground.

Section 2:
4. I have a passion for learning. I love to learn everything ranging from what you find in textbooks and life, to dance styles and recipes.
6. What confines me are boundaries of any kind. I don't like words that suggest limitations, like "can't."
7. Mind represents me best. I spend too much time thinking, and I love to nurture my mind.

Section 3:
1.Hopefully it inspires them to do something creative today.
2.I want them to honor it and try to understand and appreciate it. I also want them to make their own interpretations of my work. Smile
3.I would want them to know that it's both about me and my meaning.

toris

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/beads-of-paradise

Back to top Go down

Post  tarat on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:08 am

1. Who am I? A girl
2. Why am I here? I don't know
3. How do I perceive the world? A very empty, shallow, selfish place

Section 2:
4. What passions do you have? Reading and writing
5. What liberates you? Independence
6. What confines you? My age, once i hit 18 i'm out
7. What best represents you: Spirit

1. How will the viewer react to this piece? however they want to i guess
2. What do you want the viewer to feel when interacting with your work? Open minded
3. Do you want them to know it is about you specifically, or about your meaning in a more ambiguous way? Both

tarat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewel_Dotson on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:18 am

1. Who am I?
-I am still in the process of finding out.
2. Why am I here?
-I'm not sure yet.
03. How do I perceive the world?
-I see the world as a place full of people are still trying to find there way and what they are suppose to contribute to this world. A lot of unsure people constantly fighting to find their way.

-Even though we're all different , I know I'll always be able to depend on them. Family and friends are a big part of my life.
-My passions are photography and dance.
5. What liberates you?
-Music

-When the viewer sees my piece I don't expect them to completely understand it. I want it to leave them questions , about what I'm not sure.
-I want them to feel a sense of hope.
A little of both.

Jewel_Dotson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ranak on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:35 am

Section 1:
1. Who am I?
Iím Rana. I come from a Middle Eastern family with a lot of love to give.
2. Why am I here?
Iím here pursuing in the arts and find what I have a passion for in particular; itís hard to really narrow down what my main thing it is I want. Iím still deciding on a major really, but Iíve involved myself in Photography, Videography, as a Tech assistant, and 2D visual art.
The world to me has this perception about itself. I look at everyone being an artist in their own way. People having a talent for many different things, like being able to save a life, fixing teeth, revolutionizing technology, and artists like us who paint, sculpt, design, dance, sing, act, etc.

Section 2:
My family on my momís side is very religious, we are catholic, so itís a big part of my life to believe God is there for me in every way he can.
My passion is in the arts. I love Sketching and Painting and Sculpting. In the past couple years I have gotten into Photography and Videography, I grow to have a great appreciation for it so I include them in my passions.
7. What best represents you: Body and Mind
I have been doing mediation for a long time now and it helps cleanse my body and mind when there is too much going on, I have this thing of finding positive and negative energy from people and figure out who that is right for me to be surrounded by.

Section 3:
Hoping they get a sense of what I think or do for myself.
Iím not quite sure how Iíd want them to reactÖ Iím not trying to impress anyone or mislead them into anyway so itís whatever I get Iíll take.
I say a more ambiguous way because Iím referring not to myself but to other people and things revolving around me.
ranak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zachary.M on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Section 1
1. Who am I?
I am a life, walking in this world through a limited vessel, trying to awaken myself to the essence of existence.

2. Why am I here?
I am here to learn to not just see life through my eyes but through myself. I am here to learn how to look at a person and see a living being instead of just a body. I am here to learn how to widen my perception of existence. I am here to learn.

I see the world as a stage of life where all beings are put together in different Ďvesselsí and have to learn how to live with each other. The world is a place for new experiences and to learn about ourselves and others. It is a time when life is not perfect and when all beings make mistakes, but it is also the time to learn from the mistakes we make. It is a time in our life to grow. This world is like a school; it is a place to gain knowledge and help us get ready for the next stages in life.

Section 2
2. How do I relate or react to my family/peers?
I love my family and they love me. I am very close to them and learn a lot from them.

5. What liberates me?
My art liberates me. My art allows me to express myself and how I feel about things in life.

7. What best represents me: Body, Mind, or Spirit?
I think it is mostly spirit. I care about all life. I always try to help people with their problems. I can tell when people are upset or unsure about things.

Section 3
I think people will be able to relate to my piece.

I want them to be able to relate to it and to have them think of their own situation.

3. Do you want them to know it is you specifically, or about your meaning in a more ambiguous way?
I want the art to be to be ambiguous so that people that feel like it can see themselves in it.
Zachary.M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoAnnaC on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:37 am

"I emailed my response to you."
JoAnnaC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maryc on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Section 1

I am the sister of an angel, I am an artist.

I am here to make peoples eyes and hearts happy

I perceive the world as in order to be beautiful you must be kind, everything happens for a reason, in life everything can be perceived as art, and history makes the future.

Section 2
2. How do I relate or react to my family/peers?

I relate to my family and peers very, very well. We all get along, we all love eachother, and we all have alot in common which makes my family and peers the best to be around and alot of fun.

5. What liberates me?

Music, Art, History. All go into one. But each are apart of my life. When i work with my art, music has to follow. When i get inpiration for my art, history and music follow. It liberates me, it makes me happy, free, and at a peace of mind. I love Music, Art, and History so much that im obsessed with all three.

6. What confines you?
My age, being jobless.

Section 3:
Shocked, amazed, out of words.

pretty interested

More of an ambiguous way. this is not about me.

maryc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayae on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:42 am

1. Who am I?
I am a person who cares to much about what people who don't matter think, and cares to little about what people who do matter think.

2. Why am I here?
I am here to help people and create a few giggles along the way.

I think the world is a game, and you need to know how to play, either through cheating or not.

Section 2:

Not at all.

Music, Art, psychological studies.

Mind.

Hopefully, they'll enjoy it, and have a feeling of awe.

Well, I want them to experience the mood I'm trying to portray in piece.

Well, I'd let them know, when I know. At this point it could go either way.
Jayae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AllyR on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:05 pm

1. Who am I? I am Ally, Iím a thinker, Iím creative and Iím a person who likes to question everything. I donít know exactly who I am, apperantly none of us really do.
2. Why am I here? I am here to live, to live out loud and to try and change somebodyís world. I want to make a difference and stand out, I want to hear ideas and make ideas. I am here to be somebody and to do something in the world.
3. How do I perceive the world? I perceive the world as one living thing, one ever changing idea that undergoes constant change. I donít think the world is a necisarily a good or bad thing, I donít think any individual is either good or bad.

Section 2:
4. What passions do you have? My biggest passion is thinking, I love knowledge and thought processes, I love just letting ideas flow and thrive. Other passions are writing and photography, but really theyíre just mediums through which I use to convey my thoughts.
6. What confines you? My biggest confinement is myself, I question and doubt myself too much and I have a fear of not being good enough so I stop myself from ever reaching anywhere near my potential. I am confined by my thoughts, the same things that free me are what hold me down.
7. What best represents you: Body, Mind, Spirit, or Society? Mind represents me best.

1. How will the viewer react to this piece? I want them to be slightly taken a back, I want them to look twice and have the idea in their mind for awhile.
2. What do you want the viewer to feel when interacting with your work? I Want them to feel a little upset, and I want them to wonder what I was thinking.
3. Do you want them to know it is about you specifically, or about your meaning in a more ambiguous way? I want it to be a little more ambiguous.

AllyR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Alternate Assignment

Post  JessicaH on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:17 pm

I edited the videos from the November 4th assembly.

JessicaH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  danielr on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:12 am

I emailed my assignment to you.
danielr

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/atanih23

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:34 am

All the submissions are graded.