aaw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assignment 16: Video self-critique

Go down

Assignment 16: Video self-critique Empty Assignment 16: Video self-critique

Post  Admin Tue May 14, 2013 2:26 pm

In this thread you will post a self-critique of your video project.

A. What went particularly well
B. what would you do differently if you had more time?
C. If you were doing a related follow-on video project, what would it look like?

Grading: 3 points possible
1 for what went well
1 for what you would do differently
1 for what you would do in a follow-on project

Last edited by Admin on Mon May 20, 2013 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Assignment 16: Video self-critique Empty Re: Assignment 16: Video self-critique

Post  Jewel_Dotson Tue May 14, 2013 2:39 pm

I feel like I asked good interview questions. If I had more time(and premier liked me) I think I would have added more clips of the family members interacting with the family member with Alzheimer's. If I were to do a follow up poster I would probably do a series of videos with the family in the environment with the member who had Alzheimer's with possible just them talking about the experience. Maybe even a silent film.

Jewel_Dotson

Back to top Go down

Post  valerieZ Tue May 14, 2013 2:42 pm

What went particularly well on the video project?
Well, I really enjoyed the freedom we got with it, it wasn't strict, and the amount of time we were given on it. It was a fun experience.

What would you do differently if you had more time?
I would do a lot more filming and choose from each clip what I thought fit most. It would be a little longer as well.

If you were doing a related follow-on video project, what would it look like?
It would look like the end of the world. But only because of personal reasons.
It would most likely be a better video considering it would be the second time working on the project, as well as a lot cleaner and more advanced. Now that I know what exactly to do, it would be easier.
valerieZ
valerieZ

Back to top Go down

Post  VictoriaW Tue May 14, 2013 2:43 pm

Even though I did not finish my video (due to yearbook work) I still feel that the process went really well. I recorded all of my videos and was able to edit them and almost bring them into one full video. If I could have done anything differently it would of been to actually finish the video. I also would've planned my timing a little bit better, but overall it went pretty well.
VictoriaW
VictoriaW

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/babyface.willis?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  csmith Tue May 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Something that went particularly well was the fact that I had an idea right away on a video and didn't have to struggle with a concept. Another thing that went well is that I already have my own professional camera and I had all the resources (people) I needed. If I had more time, I'd probably find something to add to it to make it more creative or artistic looking. If I were to do this video project again, I'd record everything on a tripod because I did not like how wobbly the video was.
csmith
csmith

Back to top Go down

Post  AlsoKnownAsShelbyK. Tue May 14, 2013 2:55 pm

What went well with the video, was that it was a snap to film. It was very fun trying to get my actors to do the actions I had envisioned.

What would I have changed? Everything. It was a silly video but very amateur-ish. I would have planned better for the lighting and the timing. Everything about it is very last minute. So if I had the chance I would have just scrapped it and started all over.

If I were to do a follow up, it would be a continuation of the "No" series, this time with an american couple. Completing the "No" Trilogy.
AlsoKnownAsShelbyK.
AlsoKnownAsShelbyK.

Back to top Go down

Post  melissa. Tue May 14, 2013 2:56 pm

Despite the seemingly constant setbacks due to unavailability of actors and technical difficulties, I think the video turned out pretty well. The process of the filming and editing went pretty smoothly (most of the time). If I could do anything differently, I would try not to procrastinate so the film could be all that it could have been. I honestly have no idea as to what we would do for a follow up. Everything we wanted to express was expressed.
melissa.
melissa.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zachary.M Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm

What went particularly well on the video project?

I thought the story line was written well and the video editing was not much of a problem. Video taping the project itself was difficult but I am happy with the end result.

What would you do differently if you had more time?
if I had more time, i would redo the recordings that have my head partially cut off. I recorded myself with myself which mad i t difficult to see if i was actually in the recording or not. If I could redo it again, i would have someone else help me record.

If you were doing a related follow-on video project, what would it look like?
I am not sure if my video would have a sequel because of the way it ends. if I made a equal, it would probably be similar to this story but bigger scaled like (if i could pull it off) CGI characters for the living drawings and other things similar to that.

Zachary.M
Zachary.M

Back to top Go down

Post  alexfutris Thu May 16, 2013 2:45 pm

The parts of my video that went particularly well was the fact that my wig shipped from China in less than a week. I also had amazing help from Tonya and Danny and without them I know for a 100% fact that I wouldn't have been able to do it.

If I had more time, I would have done more filming for sure. I would have gotten more interesting scenes from different areas around the school. I also would have done a shorter song because everyday while I was in class editing, I only made like 15 seconds of progress and it took me forever and a day to turn in the video.

If I had to make a follow up video, I would make a music video to "Hold It Against Me" by Britney because Gimme More and Hold It Against Me are considered her "comeback" singles. I would probably get a different/better wig.
alexfutris
alexfutris

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonya_Kruise Mon May 20, 2013 2:33 pm

I had difficulties finding video editing software, because I thought I had iMovie, but I didn't. and I tried to find it, but it was impossible to find, And I eventually found video software that I liked.
And I got to work. I'm pretty much satisfied with how my video went.
Tonya_Kruise
Tonya_Kruise

http://t0nyeezy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonya_Kruise Mon May 20, 2013 2:45 pm

I feel as if the video editing went smoothly, It was fun,
and I got to bond with the star of the short film while doing so.
I would take more scenes rather than just having one setting,
and depending how much time i had,
i'd take time to take Chinook places in order to get numerous settings.
If I was doing a follow up project, I would do a video of her traveling all the places my cat travels,
like give a tour of her cat carrier.
And go places with her you wouldn't normally see cats at,
such as the beach.

All around this project went smoothly as soon as I started editing it.
Tonya_Kruise
Tonya_Kruise

http://t0nyeezy.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayae Mon May 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Apart from the extreme tardiness of our video due to this, that or the other; everything else went fairly smooth. Once we beat the curse of procrastination, filming and editing was a piece of cake.

If I could do anything differently I would definitely get to work quicker, and maybe do a bit more planning even though everything worked out in the end.

For a sequel I would spend much more time displaying the alters, and I'd probably do a visual interpretation of a shift in character. The story-line would exist, and it would be complex.

bounce
Jayae
Jayae

Back to top Go down

Assignment 16: Video self-critique Empty Revision

Post  VictoriaW Tue May 21, 2013 10:35 am

Even though I did not finish my video (due to yearbook work) I still feel that the process went really well. I recorded all of my videos and was able to edit them and almost bring them into one full video. If I could have done anything differently it would of been to actually finish the video. I also would've planned my timing a little bit better, but overall it went pretty well. If we were to be given another video project, I would plan my time in advanced and actually stick to my plans. I would also select an option that is not too difficult and I would stay on track and remain focused.
VictoriaW
VictoriaW

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/babyface.willis?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julian Pettus Mon May 27, 2013 1:50 pm

This video project was very successful as a silent film, and my dog, Jack, had very good acting skills. I had no idea! However, there are some things the video had lacked. One, there should have been a better introduction to the plot, and two the song chose could've been different. If I were to make a follow- on video project, I would create a couple of scenes where Jack would go the so called "torture" of getting his teeth brushed. But overall this was a hard, yet exciting, project.
Julian Pettus
Julian Pettus

Back to top Go down

Post  danielr Wed May 29, 2013 2:10 pm

As an alternate assignment, I've been working on improving the school website. I fixed small errors such as formatting errors on the general info page, fixing a non-indented paragraph on the board page, and adding the 2012-2013 article link on the index page. I also fixed smaller typos and formatting issues.
danielr
danielr

https://www.youtube.com/atanih23

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:33 am

Everything's been graded.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down