aaw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assignment 8: Scripts, Props, and Cast

Go down

Assignment 8: Scripts, Props, and Cast Empty Assignment 8: Scripts, Props, and Cast

Post  Admin Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:46 pm

Purpose: To learn how to type up a real script.

Basis: Many short films do not require, or would even benefit from, a properly formatted script. However, writing in script format is good practice for future, bigger, "real" films. The Script Format was designed to give you a good estimation of how long your film will be (one minute per page) and make it easy to see the different parts of your film.

Directions: Use the notecards (or written post) from Assignment 7: It's All in the Cards to write your script. Each card will become one scene in your movie. Use the Script Template File to help you get the proper spacing. Remember to capitalize the name of a character when they are first introduced (e.g. LUKE HOLZMANN) and also props or locations that are important (e.g. ROPE or LIBRARY). If you are unsure about how to do something, check out the sample scripts, google it, and if you’re still stuck, post your question.

Once your script is finished, gather up the props you'll need and talk with your sister and dad, I mean, your actors about when they may be available to film the week after next. If you don't have a dedicated cast yet, start looking for them.

Looking Forward: You'll pick up a camera again soon. ...but not quite yet.

Script Template: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FaMJ_ET9RW6xIxMUdmXBZbnE9hsa9SqM5X4qAK2pVd8/edit

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Assignment 8: Scripts, Props, and Cast Empty Re: Assignment 8: Scripts, Props, and Cast

Post  steveH Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Daddy’s Girl
By
Sam C, Robert Hanselman, Steven Hepburn, William VA

http://blog.production-now.com

INT. DAUGHTER’S BEDROOM- NIGHT

PAN ACROSS ROOM IN SILENCE TO THE BED OF THE DAUGHTER WHILE MUFFLED DOMESTIC STRUGGLE BECOMES MORE RAMPANT UNTIL CLIMAX WHERE DAUGHTER WAKES UP

DAUGHTER
Dialog: (Gasp)

DAUGHTER GETS OUT OF BED AND LEAVES      THE ROOM TO INVESTIGATE

CUT TO
INT. STAIRCASE - NIGHT

SHE SLOWLY MAKES HER WAY DOWNSTAIRS CLUTCHING THE BEAM WITH SUBTLE BODILY SFX. SHE REACHES THE END OF THE STAIRCASE AND PEERS AROUND THE CORNER...

DAD
  (heavy breathing)

CUTS TO CLOSE UP OF DAUGHTER’S EYES AND THEN MOVES TO FIRST PERSON VIEW AND SURVEYS THE KITCHEN AND THE HORRORS INSIDE AND THEN IT CUTS BACK TO SHOCKED EYES TO END IT.

DAUGHTER
                    D-Daddy…?

THE FATHER TURNS AROUND SLOWLY GIVING OFF (MAYBE) DRY SNICKER-ISH LAUGH, TO SEE HIS DAUGHTER HOLDING ON TO THE SIDE OF THE DOORWAY, MOVE CAMERA TO DAUGHTER AND SHE MOVES HER EYES TO SEE HER MOTHER ON THE FLOOR WITH BLOOD BY HER (DAUGHTER DOESN’T REALIZE THAT IT’S BLOOD)

DAUGHTER
Daddy what’s wrong with mommy?

FATHER
What are you talking about, nothing wrong with mommy.

DAUGHTER
I don’t understand daddy.

FATHER
Now everything is how it should be, she kept saying I am too protective of you, that I’m taking my job as a parent to seriousry that I was obsessed with you, she was saying that need to leave that she was getting a divorce.

DAUGHTER
What does that mean?

FATHER
It means she wanted to take us away from each other.

AND ONCE HE SAID THIS THE DAUGHTER LOOKED OVER AT HER MOTHER AGAIN AND COULD NOW SEE THAT SHE WAS IN A RED PEBBLY

DAUGHTER
Mommy she’s bleeding!

THE DAUGHTER TRIED TO RUN  to her mother and but her father dropped the knife and graded her

FATHER
Don’t worry dear I will handle it you just please go to your room and let my fix everything.

AND WITHOUT SAYING A WORD SHE WALKED OUT OF THE KITCHEN, ON HER WAY BACK TO THE STAIRS SHE GRABBED THE PHONE FROM THE LIVING ROOM AND WHEN SHE GOT TO HER ROOM SHE CALLED 911

DAUGHTER
Hello please my mommy has been hurt and she needs help, my daddy said he would take care of it but I want a real doctor to look at her daddy doesn’t know anything about fixing people.

CUT TO

THE FATHER IS WALKING UP TO HIS DAUGHTER'S ROOM AND HE LINED ON THE DOOR AND HEARD HIS DAUGHTER TALKING TO SOMEONE

DAUGHTER
Well I heard a noise that woke me up and I whit to see what it was and I saw mommy on the floor and daddy was holding a knife.

THE FATHER THEN BURSTS THROUGH THE DOOR SHOCKING HIS DAUGHTER WHO WAS NOW FROZEN JUST STARING AT HIM THEN SHE DROPPED THE PHONE AND OPENED HER MOUTH

DAUGHTER
Daddy how is mommy, did you fix her?

FATHER
You told on me, didn’t I tell you no one likes a tat ill tail?!

HE COMES AT HER WITH THE KNIFE SHE DODGES HIM CIRCLES AROUND AND HEADS OUT HER DOOR

LEAVING CHASE SCENE THAT WILL END WITH THEM IN THE LIVING ROOM TO STORYBOARDS

THE DAUGHTER MAKES A RUN FOR THE FRONT DOOR BUT HER FATHER GRABS HER, SHE IS ABLE TO KNOCK THE KNIFE OUT OF HAND LEAVING THE DAD TO STRANGLE HER SHE SEES THE KNIFE ON THE GROWN GRADS IT AND STABS HER FATHER IN THE GUT PUSHES HIM AWAY AND RUNS OUT THE DOOR TO SEE AN POLICE OFFICER WHO GOES INTO THE HOUSE AND SEES THE NIFE WITH THE BLOOD BUT THE FATHER IS GONE

steveH

Back to top Go down

Assignment 8: Scripts, Props, and Cast Empty Re: Assignment 8: Scripts, Props, and Cast

Post  danielr Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:11 pm

Note! The formatting is better on the google doc, which can be seen here.

Get the Groceries!
By
Daniel Rutkowski and Zach Overman

METRO MICHIGAN - DAY

Zachary is walking home from school one normal Fall day. He is on a sidewalk of a generic flat road, typical of the ones in Michigan. He stops, and thinks.  

ZACHARY
Huh, that’s right, I have to check my to-do list today.

Zachary takes the to-do list out of his pocket, and unfolds it.  The to-do list has a coffee stain and a LOVE MOM, XOXO after a short note saying “remember to do your chores!”

ZACHARY
Ugh, I guess I’ll get the groceries...

Fade out to black,
and fades into next shot.

MEIJER PARKING LOT - STILL DAY

Zachary is walking through the Meijer parking lot, and going towards the entrance. He enters the store, and takes a cart.

Zachary walks into a nearby food aisle, with canned soups and such. He remembers that he is wearing his backpack, and decides to take it off for now.

ZACHARY
(Quietly)
I should probably take off my backpack…

Zachary takes off his backpack in front of his cart, and places it into his cart. This reveals that there is a sheet of paper with the words KICK ME written on it. Another customer in the store, played by Daniel, notices this while shopping, and does a double take.

DANIEL
(A quick back and forth look is taken)
*Sharp inhale!*
*Eyes widen!*

Daniel, after thinking about it, decides to take it upon himself to remove the sign in a polite, albeit silent manner...

After walking through the aisle, Zachary grabs something from the top shelf. Daniel reaches out to grab the sign, but before he is able to do so, Zach drops the drops the food item clumsily. Daniel ceases to reach for the sign and backs away, as the food drops dangerously close to him, almost blowing his cover. After backing away, Daniel continues to pretend that he is a shopper. Zachary continues to another aisle as Daniel follows him.

WALKING THROUGH A FEW AISLES, MEIJER.

Zach now walks to the utility aisle to check out a sweet new broom! Daniel uses a grabber from the same aisle and tries to reach to pick the sign off of Zach’s back and then falls. Zach doesn't notice. After the fall, Hannah walks into the aisle and asks “Do you know you have a kick me sign on your back, do you want me to take it off?” Zach says please and thank you as Daniel grumbles. The film ends!
danielr
danielr

https://www.youtube.com/atanih23

Back to top Go down

Assignment 8: Scripts, Props, and Cast Empty Chelsea's Smile

Post  TatianaH Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:54 pm

DANCE ROOM
interior: dance room, daytime.

JASMINE.
(music playing in the background,Jasmine is working on a dance routine after school, alone, when she hears something bump against the outside of the door. Jasmine promptly turns off her music, and goes to answer the door, thinking someone has knocked.)

JASMINE: Hold on

(jasmine opens the door, and notices nobody has knocked. )
(Jasmine grabs her bag, places a towel around her neck, and proceeds to leave the dance room.

LOCKER ROOM
Interior: Locker room, daytime, dimly lit.

JASMINE.
(Jasmine walks down a dark, empty hall leading to the Woman's Locker Room. Jasmine Opens the door, walks in, sets her stuff down, and begins taking off her shoes. Jasmine hears one of the sinks turn on, and looks visibly nervous. Jasmine goes to check out the sink, and notices that it has been turned on. Jasmine cautiously turns off the sink, turns around to continue what she was previously doing. Jasmine Hears one of the bathroom stalls close just as she turns around, and gets startled.)

JASMINE: The hell? Alright. Dude, this isn't funny.

there is a shadow behind Jasmine and then Jasmine hears laughing noises. Jasmine get's scared and tries to grab all of her things but forgets to put up my hair and goes to the mirror, looks down to grab her hair tie, the lights go out and the ghost tries to kill Jasmine. The lights go on then she has a slit in the shape of a smile on her face then the scenes over.

View user profile Send private message

TatianaH

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Thanks guys! It's all graded.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://artsacademy.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum